Introducing the Landmark Twentieth Edition of the Global Icon of Internal Medicine
The definitive guide to internal medicine is more essential than ever with the latest in disease mechanisms, updated clinical trial results and recommended guidelines, state-of-the art radiographic images, therapeutic approaches and specific treatments, hundreds of demonstrative full-color drawings, and practical clinical decision trees and algorithms
Recognized by healthcare professionals worldwide as the leading authority on applied pathophysiology and clinical medicine, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine gives you the informational foundation you need to provide the best patient care possible.
Essential for practice and education, the landmark 20th Edition features:
Thoroughly revised content―covering the many new breakthroughs and advances in clinical medicine that have occurred since the last edition of Harrison’s. Chapters on acute and chronic hepatitis, management of diabetes, immune-based therapies in cancer, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease, HIV, and many more, deliver the very latest information on disease mechanisms, diagnostic options, and the specific treatment guidance you need to provide optimal patient care.
State-of-the-art coverage of disease mechanisms: Harrison’s focuses on pathophysiology with rigor, and with the goal of linking disease mechanisms to treatments. Improved understanding of how diseases develop and progress not only promotes better decision-making and higher value care, but also makes for fascinating reading and improved retention. Harrison’s summarizes important new basic science developments, such as the role of mitochondria in programmed and necrotic cell death, the immune system’s role in cancer development and treatment, the impact of telomere shortening in the aging and disease processes, and the role of the microbiome in health and disease. Understanding the role of inflammation in cardiovascular disease, the precise mechanisms of immune deficiency in HIV/AIDS, prions and misfolded proteins in neurodegenerative diseases, and obesity as a predisposition to diabetes are just a few examples of how this edition provides essential pathophysiology information for health professionals.
All-new sections covering a wide range of new and emerging areas of vital interest to all healthcare professionals. New sections include: Sex and Gender-based Issues in Medicine; Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, and Metabolic Syndrome; and Consultative Medicine― Plus, a new Part covering cutting-edge topics in research and clinical medicine includes great new chapters on the role of Epigenetics in Health and Disease, Behavioral Strategies to Improve Health, Genomics and Infectious Diseases, Emerging Neuro-Therapeutic Technologies, and Telomere Function in Health and Disease, and Network System Medicine.
Important and timely new chapters―such as Promoting Good Health, LGBT Health, Systems of Healthcare, Approach to Medical Consultation, Pharmacogenomics, Antimicrobial Resistance, Worldwide Changes in Patterns of Infectious Diseases, Neuromyelitis Optica, and more―offer the very latest, definitive perspectives on must-know topics in medical education and practice.
Updated clinical guidelines, expert opinions, and treatment approaches from world-renowned editors and authors contribute to the accuracy and immediacy of the text material and present a clear blueprint for optimizing patient outcomes.
End-of-chapter suggested readings reinforc
GET IT FREE HERE
Make the most effective diagnostic and therapeutic decisions in the least time!
A best seller for over 25 years, The5-Minute Clinical Consult 2018 is a practical and useful resource for clinicians in primary care, family medicine, emergency medicine, nursing, and pediatrics. It provides rapid access to guidance on diagnosis, treatment, medications, follow-up, and associated factors for more than 540 diseases and conditions. The5-Minute Clinical Consult 2018 is designed to deliver maximum clinical confidence as efficiently as possible…allowing you to focus your valuable time on giving your patients the best possible care.
- Find the answers you need quickly thanks to an intuitive, at-a-glance format, with concise, bulleted text; hundreds of diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms; ICD-10 codes, DSM-5 criteria; and much more.
- Make confident decisions aided by current evidence-based designations in each topic.
Written by esteemed internal medicine and family medicine practitioners and published by the leading publisher in medical content, The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2018, 26th Edition includes a Free Trial to 5MinuteConsult.com.
5MinuteConsult.com is a quicker, more valuable, evidence-based, online workflow tool easily integrated at the point of care. 5MinuteConsult.com provides online-exclusive content, including:
- More than 1,500 additional topics, including the full contents of The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult and Rosen & Barkin’s 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
- Differential diagnosis support from an expanded collection of algorithms
- Current evidence-based designations highlighted in each topic
- Thousands of images to help support visual diagnosis of all conditions
- A video library of procedures, treatment, and physical therapy techniques
- An A-to-Z Drug Database from Facts & Comparisons®
- Guidance on laboratory test interpretation from Wallach’s Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests
- More than 3,000 patient handouts in English and Spanish
- ICD-10 codes and DSM-5 criteria
- FREE point-of-care CME and CE: 0.5 credits each time you search the site to find the best treatment for your patients. This activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 20 prescribed credits by the AAFP and the ANCC.
GET IT FREE HERE
Presents trainees with detailed clinical cases for numerous diseases and disorders covering various body systems including respiratory, gastroenterology, neurology and haematology. Questions and answers are provided at the end of each case.
GET IT FREE HERE
Updated annually with the latest developments in diagnosis and treatment recommendations, Ferri’s Clinical Advisor uses the popular “5 books in 1” format to organize vast amounts of information in a clinically relevant, user-friendly manner. This efficient, intuitive format provides quick access to answers on more than 900 common medical conditions, including diseases and disorders, differential diagnoses, and laboratory tests – all updated by experts in key clinical fields. Updated algorithms and current clinical practice guidelines help you keep pace with the speed of modern medicine.
GET IT FREE HERE
· Streamline your study with the book’s emphasis on the facts and scenarios most likely to be encountered in internal medicine boards.
· Build your confidence, competence, and test-taking skills through online board exam simulations that integrate relevant clinical cases, pathology, and imaging studies.
· Assess your areas of personal strength and fill in any gaps in knowledge with concise, focused guidance from distinguished Cleveland Clinic faculty.
· Test your knowledge and skills using the book’s more than 700 board-review style questions and answers in print.
· Quickly access the facts you need through the book’s combination of prose and bulleted lists.
· Focus your review time on specific clinical areas using the fully searchable text online, organized by topic and packed with clinical pearls and vignettes.
GET IT FREE HERE
More than two million medical students, doctors and other health professionals around the globe have owned a copy of Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine since it was first published. Now in its 23rd Edition, this textbook describes the pathophysiology and clinical features of the most frequently encountered conditions in the major specialties of adult medicine and explains how to recognise, investigate, diagnose and manage them. Taking its origins from Sir Stanley Davidson’s much-admired lecture notes, Davidson’s has endured because it keeps pace with how modern medicine is taught and provides a wealth of information in an easy-to-read, concise and beautifully illustrated format. This book will serve readers everywhere as a core text that integrates medical science with clinical medicine, conveying key knowledge and practical advice in a highly accessible and readable format.
- The opening section describes the fundamentals of genetics, immunology, infectious diseases and population health, and discusses the core principles of clinical decision-making and good prescribing.
- A new second section on emergency and critical care medicine encompasses poisoning, envenomation and environmental medicine, and introduces a new chapter on acute medicine and critical illness.
- The third section covers the major medical specialties, each thoroughly revised and brought fully up to date. Two new chapters on maternal and adolescent/transition medicine complement the one on ageing and disease. A new chapter on medical ophthalmology has been included.
- Clinical Examination overviews summarise the main elements for each system and now feature in the biochemistry, nutrition and dermatology chapters.
- Presenting Problems sections provide a clear pathway for the assessment of and approach to the most common complaints in each specialty.
- Practice Point summaries detail the practical skills that medical students and junior doctors must acquire.
- Emergency boxes emphasise the core knowledge needed to manage acutely ill patients.
- In Old Age, In Pregnancy and In Adolescence boxes highlight differences in the practice of medicine in these patient groups, and illustrate the interfaces between medical, obstetric and paediatric services.
- The text is extensively illustrated, with over 1000 diagrams, clinical photographs, and radiology and pathology images.
- The global perspective is enhanced by an International Advisory Board of experts from 17 countries, and by authors from around the world.
- The new second section on emergency and critical care medicine introduces a significantly expanded and comprehensive account of the approaches to dealing with acute medical and critical illness.
- Two new chapters on maternal and adolescent/transition medicine complement the one on ageing and disease by addressing problems encountered at key stages of patients’ lives.
- A new chapter on medical ophthalmology has been included as a direct response to readers’ requests.
- The opening chapter has been completely rewritten with a new focus on the important principles of clinical decision-making or clinical reasoning.
- A new internal text design for this 23rd Edition provides a simpler and clearer presentation of the various categories of text boxes.
GET IT FREE HERE
BNF 73 (March 2017) is the authoritative guide to prescribing, dispensing and administering medicines for all healthcare professionals. Access to the latest edition of BNF is vital for healthcare professionals.
Compiled with the advice of clinical experts and continually updated to reflect the latest evidence from credible sources worldwide, this essential reference provides up-to-date guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines.
Not only does the BNF include a widely accepted framework for the drug management of common diseases, it also includes details of medicines prescribed in the UK, with special reference to their uses, cautions, contraindications, side-effects and dosage. This allows treatment to be tailored to the individual needs of each patient.
The BNF is updated in print every six months by an expert team of pharmacists; validated by a network of leading clinicians from many spheres of clinical practice; and published under the authority of a Joint Formulary Committee. The BNF reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the use of medicines. As a result it is used widely as a touchstone reference, and cited by regulatory bodies and courts as a source of authority.
GET IT FREE HERE
Now in its fifth edition, this classic introduction to the practice and teaching of evidence-based medicine is written for busy clinicians at any stage of their career who want to learn how to practise and teach evidence-based medicine (EBM). It is short and practical, emphasizing direct clinical application of EBM and tactics to practise and teach EBM in real-time.
The online toolkit includes Critical appraisal worksheets, Educational prescription, Pocket Cards, EBM calculators, Educational Prescriptions, Clinical Questions log, Self evaluations.
- Thoroughly updated with examples from latest evidence/studies.
- Revised electronic ancillaries, now available online
- Expanded coverage of audit and measuring quality improvement.
- Teaching moments now indexed for easy reference.
- New contributing authors Reena Pattani and Areti Angeliki Veroniki
From reviews of the previous edition
‘It is so well written that this seems to be a book to read with pleasure, rather than use for reference. That said, the contents and index are clear and a good glossary of terms is provided. Moreover it comes in a robust, small format to fit easily in a lab-coat pocket, and includes … contents in digital form.’
‘This is a classic in the field of Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM). Its authors are all well-known experts in the field, the book is small, easy to read and provides a wealth of information on the subject. Good buy.’
‘Clear, precise, and quite useful for introductory courses on EBM. The cd includes a lot of resources for everyday practice.’
‘As a researcher and teacher of EBP I found this book to be incredibly useful as a guide and a reference. It provides a clear definition of EBP (EBM) in its broadest context. This book also sets out in clear steps how the process works, and develops, with concise information on how to implement evidence, and how to teach this implementation to health care students and workers.’
GET IT FREE HERE
Updated to reflect the most current guidelines and standards of care
Tapping the expertise of our medical review team, we’ve thoroughly revised or completely rewritten every section of the 16th Edition Core to reflect the latest standards of care, including guideline updates and consensus opinions. Our in-depth coverage of internal medicine specialties and subspecialties includes every topic specified in the ABIM Internal Medicine Examination Blueprints, thoroughly preparing you for in-training, certification, and maintenance of certification exams.
Essentials for board exam success
The most success-proven and accessible internal medicine review available, the Core Curriculum helps you study more internal medicine in less time and recall it more confidently on exam day. Created with MedStudy’s unique conversational writing style, the Core Curriculum is the indispensible starting point to passing the internal medicine boards.
Allergy and Immunology
General Internal Medicine
(Board-relevant Radiology, Pharmacology, Statistics, Geriatrics, Ethics, Pre-Operative Evaluation, Preventive Medicine, Poisoning, Ophthalmology, ENT, Psychiatry, Women’s Medicine, Genetics)
GET IT FREE HERE