This volume provides a practical hands on guide to gastrointestinal physiology. The book emphasizes an appreciation of basic physiological concepts and their application to novel clinical situations. It exposes the physician-in-training to fundamental principles that are useful in treating patients and lays the groundwork for more advanced study in the future.
The authors present relevant cases which incorporate newer adult learning strategies in medical education. These cases provide a forum in which the student can apply acquired knowledge, skills and attitudes. Connections are made to reader’s life, whether in the classroom, on the wards or out and about town.
Designed for medical students who are studying gastrointestinal physiology for the first time, Gastrointestinal Physiology: A Clinical Approach provides a superb review for upper level medical students and house officers. Nursing and allied health professions students will also find this text to be a useful guide. GI fellows and attending physicians in need of a concise review of fundamental GI physiology principles will also benefit from reading this book.
GET IT FREE HERE
Well-organized and vibrantly illustrated throughout, Handbook of Liver Disease is a comprehensive yet concise handbook providing authoritative guidance on key clinical issues in liver disease. The quick-reference outline format ensures that you’ll find answers when you need them, and cover-to-cover updates keep you abreast of the recent rapid changes in the field. Written by leading international experts in hepatology, this reference is ideal for gastroenterologists, hepatologists, internists, family practitioners, trainees, and others who diagnose and manage patients with liver disorders.
- Uses a highly templated outline format, key points in each chapter, alert symbols, and highlighted review points to provide a “just the facts” approach to daily clinical questions on liver disease.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Features expanded hepatitis chapters, including completely updated coverage of new, safe, and effective oral regimens for the treatment of hepatitis C.
- Provides completely updated coverage of: alcoholic liver disease * autoimmune hepatitis * portal hypertension * primary biliary cholangitis * hepatic tumors * cirrhosis * nonalcoholic liver disease * liver transplantation * and more.
- Includes the latest information on adolescents with liver disease moving into adult care.
- Covers the revised criteria for prioritizing liver transplantation using the MELDNa score, new options for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma, and improved management of hepatorenal syndrome.
2018 BMA Awards: Highly Commended, Internal Medicine
“This is an excellent resource for all healthcare providers who take care of liver patients. It is small in size but comprehensive in coverage. It is a worthwhile acquisition, and the updated edition is well justified.”
Reviewed by Henrique Jose Fernandez, MD, FACP (Parkview Medical Center) Doody’s Score: 95, 4 Stars!
GET IT FREE HERE
This revised and updated second edition of Essentials of Gastroenterology provides a highly practical, comprehensive, and concise guide to gastroenterology. The text covers every major disorder likely to be encountered during both GI training and in clinical practice. It also offers a handbook for preparing for Board examinations (e.g., USMLE and Internal Medicine Board examinations) as well as a handy clinical consultation tool. Fully updated to reflect the latest scientific information and practice guidelines, each section of the book covers a specific area of the gastroenterology tract and follows a standard outline: general information, normal physiology, etiology and pathophysiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, complications, prognosis, and treatment.
The text provides easy-to-assimilate information on each disorder and includes the key facts, concise, bulleted paragraphs, and a structure that lends itself to accessibility and point-of-care use in a busy clinical setting. In addition, Internal Medicine Board-style multiple choice questions allow users to self-assess their knowledge, a photo gallery provides a great visual element, and clinical cases throughout allow readers to identify with real-life clinical scenarios. Essentials of Gastroenterology is the hands-on guide that:
- Covers the whole of gastroenterology in one highly practical volume
- Presents updated pedagogic features to help achieve rapid clinical understanding, such as case studies, practice points, lists of “pearls,” and key weblinks
- Includes more than 100 Internal Medicine Board-style multiple choice questions ideal for self-assessment
- Contains major society (AASLD, AGA, BSG, ASGE, ACG, – and others) guidelines for all main GI conditions
Designed for use by gastroenterologists and GI trainees, Essentials of Gastroenterology is the revised and improved edition of the popular manual that is filled with up-to-date information on all the GI disorders. Trainees will learn the essentials of their specialty, as well as providing the seasoned gastroenterologist with a useful refresher tool.
GET IT FREE HERE
Best of Five MCQs for the Gastroenterology SCE is the first revision guide designed specifically for this new high-stakes exam. It contains 210 best of five questions with explanatory answers, each accurately reflecting the layout of questions in the exam.
The book is divided into seven subject areas, covering all the main themes of the exam, and providing a thorough assessment of the candidate’s gastroenterological knowledge. Where relevant, questions are illustrated with full colour photographs including endoscopic, radiological and histology images.
Uniquely, the explanatory answers include references to guidelines and other sources to enable candidates’ further reading and study.
GET IT FREE HERE
Liver disease is an increasingly common cause of mortality, and its management is often complex and challenging. Endoscopy has in recent times undergone a period of rapid progress, with numerous novel and specialized endoscopic modalities that are of increasing value in the investigation and management of the patient with liver disease. As the technology in endoscopy expands, both as a diagnostic and interventional procedure, so does the role of the endoscopist in liver disease.
This full colour book and companion website offer a comprehensive guidance as to when, why, and how to perform endoscopy to best manage your patients.
- Brings together two key areas – liver disease and endoscopy – into one expert clinical textbook
- Covers the entire spectrum of clinical problems that gastroenterologists and endoscopists face while managing patients with liver disease
- Includes the latest management guidelines from the key international societies, such as the ASGE, AASLD, EASL and BSG
- Well illustrated with over 150 high-quality colour images
- 11 high-quality videos illustrating optimum endoscopy practice, all clearly referenced in the text
An indispensable tool for all gastroenterologists, hepatologists and endoscopists, Endoscopy in Liver Disease is perfect for learning how to perform endoscopy safely and effectively in the patient population with liver disorders.
GET IT FREE HERE
The second edition of this very popular atlas is designed to serve as an up-to-date guide to the diagnostic use of gastrointestinal endoscopy that will meet the daily needs of both novice and advanced endoscopists. The atlas presents an abundance of typical and atypical endoscopic images of common and rare diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colorectum, accompanied by precise clinical descriptions. Normal findings and variants are also amply documented. A large majority of the illustrations in the new edition are superb high-resolution images, reflecting the important advances of recent years. The coverage also includes the role of novel endoscopic technologies such as narrow band imaging, FICE, iScan, and confocal laser endomicroscopy. A further new feature is the inclusion of an interesting quiz at the end of each chapter in order to summarize complex knowledge, enhance understanding, and assist in the internalization of important practical tips. Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: A Comprehensive Atlas is expected to become the ultimate reference for gastrointestinal endoscopists worldwide.
GET IT FREE HERE