Reflecting recent major advances in the field, Müller’s Imaging of the Chest, 2nd Edition, by Drs. Christopher M. Walker and Jonathan H. Chung, remains your go-to reference for all aspects of chest radiology, including the latest diagnostic modalities and interventional techniques. This exhaustive resource begins with a review of normal anatomy, progressing to expert coverage based first on how patients present in clinical practice, then on diagnosis or diagnostic category. This practical, easy-to-use format helps you effectively select and interpret the best imaging studies for the everyday challenges you face in thoracic imaging.
- Provides extensive new information on lung cancer screening, detailing the technique required to perform a lung cancer screening CT as well as how to interpret these examinations using ACR Lung-RADS.
- Contains four all-new chapters: Idiopathic pleuroparenchymal fibroelastosis, Interstitial pneumonia with autoimmune features, Non-infectious complications of lung and stem cell transplantation, and Leukemia.
- Updates you on recent advances regarding interstitial lung disease diagnosis, diffuse idiopathic pulmonary neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia (DIPNECH), interstitial pneumonia with autoimmune features (IPAF), pleuroparenchymal fibroelastosis, and much more.
- Explains the recent CT classification in usual interstitial pneumonia/idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (UIP/IPF) diagnosis and what features are required to correctly categorize a CT into one of four specific patterns.
- Covers current topics such as bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections, and new staging and histologic classifications for various lung neoplasms including lung cancer and mesothelioma.
- Features more than 3,100 superior, large digital-quality images (many in full color) depicting all of the chest imaging findings you’re likely to see, and helping you distinguish between conditions with similar manifestations.
- Provides boxes highlighting key points to assist you with report writing, as well as suggestions for treatment and future imaging studies.
- Features a full-color design throughout, color-coded tables, classic signs boxes, and bulleted lists that highlight key concepts and get you to the information you need quickly.
GET IT FREE HERE
Now in full-colour, this eagerly-anticipated second edition continues to be the most comprehensive resource available on non-invasive ventilation (NIV), both in the hospital and at home. Reflecting a global perspective with expert contributors from more than 15 countries, the book:
• provides clinical examples of NIV in practice with insightful vignettes
• covers home- and intensive care-based ventilation
• details NIV use in acute and chronic respiratory failure, plus paediatric and other specialty applications.
Disease-specific sections provide best practice in the science, diagnostics and management of conditions such as COPD, cardiac failure, neuromuscular disease and obesity, while features such as ‘Common Clinical Questions & Answers’, abundant tables and illustrations, chapter summaries and new clinical vignettes showcase the realities of NIV in practice. This is essential reading for pulmonologists, critical care physicians and intensive care medicine specialists.
GET IT FREE HERE
Featuring a practical, clinical approach – and written in a quick-access style – this portable, economical reference helps you build a strong foundation in chest x-ray interpretation. Three radiologists with years of clinical and teaching experience present fundamental principles and key anatomical concepts…walk you through examples of classic chest x-ray features that provide subtle evidence of abnormality…and explore a variety of problems and dilemmas common to everyday clinical practice. High-quality drawings and digital chest x-rays – combined with secrets from the radiologists’ toolbox, helpful differential diagnoses, handy checklists, and key references – deliver all the assistance you need to enhance your interpretation skills.
- Provides a strong foundation of essential knowledge for an informed, systematic approach to accurate chest x-ray interpretation.
- Features the work of three radiologists who offer you the benefit of their many years of clinical and teaching experience.
- Emphasizes common errors and misdiagnoses to help ensure correct image readings.
- Presents step-by-step guidance in a bulleted, quick-access format, in short chapters focused on clinical problems, to make it easy to master the information that you need to know.
- Makes difficult anatomic concepts easier to grasp by pairing radiographs with color line drawings.
- Explains the nomenclature special to the field through a glossary of important terms.
- Highlights the most important concepts in diagnosis/interpretation via Key Points in each chapter.
This small inexpensive paperback is intended to be a convenient and informative, white coat pocket guide. It fulfils this aim admirably and I much enjoyed reading it. The book derives from the radiology Red Dot teaching course. I am certainly going to recommend this book for personal purchase by those of our trainee radiologists who are unable to attend the course, and I will frequently refer to my own review copy when teaching plain film chest radiographic interpretation. Rad Magazine Review, January 2009 The radiology trainee faced with the task of independently reporting chest radiographs will find this book invaluable. It is an eminently readable volume serving both as a comprehensive introduction to, and a handy pocket sized reference on radiology investigation. The Royal College of Radiologists, 2008
“The radiographs are surprisingly clear and the diagrams are excellent illustrating points that are sometimes difficult to visualise…This book successfully shows that a topic can be made accessible without being oversimplified and, in fact, that explanation of the nuances can often make the topic easier still. Well done to the authors” BMA Book Awards 2009 – judges comments
GET IT FREE HERE
Concise yet comprehensive, this textbook of clinical pulmonology provides pulmonologists and respiratory disease physicians with all the key information that they need to know to manage the patient through the diagnosis and treatment journeys.
From the most common condition to the rarest, each disease is consistently presented and comprehensively covered giving the reader just the key facts. Building upon the basic sciences and integrating these with clinical practice, each chapter has a consistent approach, is highly designed and visually appealing. Numerous illustrations, colour photographs, scans, bullet points, tables and algorithms ensure that the key information is available at a glance. The keynote sections serve as a useful revision aid as do the multiple choice questions. A truly international and highly experienced editorship with expert contributors from around the world ensure that the book remains a trusted source of information.
Set at the level between the definitive reference work and the clinical manual, Essentials of Clinical Pulmonology is an invaluable cornerstone for all pulmonologists whether trainees or experienced clinicians.
“This is a good concise review of the principles of clinical pulmonology that discusses core topics in the field. This should be a good review for physicians in training and trained pulmonologists. It is well illustrated, which increases the pedagogic quality of the book.”
Santosh Dhungana, MD (Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine)
GET IT FREE HERE
Essential Respiratory Medicine is an indispensable text offering an understanding of respiratory conditions and their clinical management within evidence-based guidelines. Containing information on taking a medical history, performing examinations and investigations, diagnosis and the management of respiratory conditions, this comprehensive text was put together by a noted expert in the field.
Written in an accessible manner, Essential Respiratory Medicine contains the foundational science associated with respiratory medicine, a wide-variety of practical procedures, helpful diagrams, and self-assessments designed to enhance understanding of the material presented. The text covers a variety of conditions as well as providing suggestions for engaging with patients at different stages of care. This important resource:
- Demonstrates an effective approach to patients presenting with common respiratory symptoms
- Includes a description of all key practical procedures with diagrams
- Discusses acute management of important respiratory emergencies
- Covers both acute and chronic disease
- Contains a companion website containing a range of learning materials, including downloadable management summaries and algorithms, an image bank, videos of patient examination, example respiratory sounds and multiple-choice questions
Essential Respiratory Medicine is an essential resource for anyone on a clinical placement, rotation, or training programme in respiratory medicine.
GET IT FREE HERE
Respiratory diseases affect a large proportion of the population and can cause complications when associated with pregnancy. Pregnancy induces profound anatomical and functional physiological changes in the mother, and subjects the mother to pregnancy-specific respiratory conditions. Reviewing respiratory conditions both specific and non-specific to pregnancy, the book also addresses related issues such as smoking and mechanical ventilation. Basic concepts for the obstetrician are covered, including patient history, physiology and initial examinations. Topics such as physiological changes during pregnancy and placental gas exchange are discussed for the non-obstetrician. Guidance is practical, covering antenatal and post-partum care, as well as management in the delivery suite. An essential guide to respiratory diseases in pregnancy, this book is indispensable to both obstetricians and non-obstetric physicians managing pregnant patients.
GET IT FREE HERE
Part of the highly regarded Specialty Imaging series, this fully updated second edition by Drs. Santiago Martínez-Jiménez, Melissa L. Rosado-de-Christenson, and Brett W. Carter, reflects the many recent changes in HRCT diagnostic interpretation. An easy-to-read bulleted format and state of the art imaging examples guide you step-by-step through every aspect of thin-section CT and HRCT in the evaluation of patients with suspected lung disease. This book is an ideal resource for radiologists who need an easily accessible tool to help them understand the indications, strengths, and limitations of HRCT in their practice.
- Superb illustrations with comprehensive captions display both typical and variant findings on HRCT scans
- Introductory sections are specifically designed to lead the general radiologist to differential diagnoses from specific imaging findings, pathologic patterns, or from the disease/pathology itself
- Time-saving bulleted format distills essential information for fast and easy comprehension
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Updated content includes changes in HRCT interpretation and novel disease processes such as DIPNECH, new classification of idiopathic interstitial pneumonias, airway-centered interstitial fibrosis, light-chain deposition disease, and interstitial pneumonia with autoimmune features (IPAF)
- Fully revised throughout with new references, images, and histopathologic correlations
“The book covers the whole spectrum of diseases of the chest imaged HRCT. The coverage of interstitial lung diseases is particularly excellent. Plentiful illustrations accompany the text, as is necessary for a subject of this nature. It is notable that the book pays good attention to differential diagnoses for each condition, as well as differentiating factors to weigh each of them, which is of direct value in day-to-day clinical practice…. This new edition is a valuable update of its predecessor, and an excellent addition to the field. This is a great resource for both reference and complete review.” Reviewed by Nikhil Madhripan, MD (Baystate Medical Center) Doody’s Score: 92, 4 Stars!
GET IT FREE HERE