Most Helpful Customer Reviews
1. Best book ever! Very helpful in reviewing for my exam! Breaks everything down into simple, to the point explanations! Easy to read!!!!
2. The book was very thorough. I like the practice points boxes. Good coverage for all Wound Care Clinicians, RN’s, PT’s, MD’s. I used this bood as a Study Guide to pass the CWS.
3. This book has been super helpful throughout my wound care career from starting and not knowing anything to advanced training and specific alternatives. Very happy with my purchase.
4. I am a caregiver for my son and I found this book very useful for helping to treat his wound plus keep him wound free. It’s a great resource to have on hand.
5. Good Basic textbook stuff. Not a quick reference manual, but has plenty of info. Amazon had the best price by far.
6. I have been selected to be a “wound champion” at work. Which means that I am expected to be able to apply what is in this book to patients that are in the hospital with wounds of various etiologies, e.g., diabetic, stasis, pressure, ulcers and other wounds that are proving difficult to heal.
My first choice was the text that the local university uses for its wound certification course. It cost three times as much as this book. So, even though I will probably take the course next year, I intend to buy that book used.
I read the descriptions for previous editions and reviews of “Wound Care Essentials: Practice Principles (Baraonski, Wound Care Essentials) [Paperback]” liked what I read and decided upon buying this latest edition.
I am still in the early chapters but what I have covered thus far impresses me.
I am pleased with my selection and if I encounter any reason to find fault, I will amend my review.
I almost forgot, it was shipped and received in a timely manner and in perfect condition.
This essential clinical reference in the specialty of wound care is the go-to guide for Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physicians, Podiatrists, Long Term Care professionals and others shouldering the responsibility of finding effective solutions in treating both common and atypical wound problems.
Written by renowned wound care experts Sharon Baranoski and Elizabeth Ayello, in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of experts, this handbook covers all aspects of wound assessment, treatment, and care. It also covers topics that other text-references do not, including sickle cell wounds, atypical wounds, and an entire chapter devoted to special populations.
The book is divided into two parts. The first is Wound Care Concepts, which provides in-depth information on need-to-know topics, including assessment, wound healing, treatment options, pain management, and much more. The second section, Wound Classification and Management Strategies, covers the various types of wounds – including wounds such as pressure ulcers, arterial ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, surgical wounds, and many others – and provides the strategies for their successful care.
In addition, the third edition offers these new features:
A separate chapter on tubes, drains, fistulas, and peristomal skin management
A separate chapter on the pediatric patient
A chapter devoted to special populations, including the intensive care, spinal cord injury, and HIV/AIDS populations.
More case studies to help illustrate the best approaches to wound care
More color photos than ever before
It also provides useful features to help the user better understand and utilize this valuable wound care information, including:
Evidence-Based Practice feature
Practice Points feature
Show What You Know review questions
When it comes to providing the best care for patients, Wound Care Essentials is the gold standard. All health care professionals will benefit from the wealth of information, up-to-date techniques and best practices Baranoski and Ayello provide for the very important, complex responsibility of wound care.
GET IT HERE