This book focuses on the role of the psychiatric, medical, nutritional and psychiatric assessment and management of severely ill patients with anorexia nervosa. Leading clinicians and researchers address the essentials of risk assessment, the identification of complications and the monitoring of treatment progress. Location of care and the role of the team are fully addressed, with due consideration of legal and ethical issues. Practical guidelines are included on risk assessment, management of acute and chronic physical problems, feeding during treatment and consent, as outlined in the MARSIPAN (2010) and Junior MARSIPAN (2012) documents. Critical Care for Anorexia Nervosa will be of value for medical and paediatric teams, GPs, psychiatrists and all health-care professionals involved in the treatment of acutely ill patients with anorexia nervosa.
GET IT FREE HERE
Now completely revised to bring you up to date with the latest advances in the field, Critical Care Medicine: Principles of Diagnosis and Management in the Adult, 5th Edition, delivers expert, practical guidance on virtually any clinical scenario you may encounter in the ICU. Designed for intensivists, critical care and pulmonology residents, fellows, practicing physicians, and nurse practitioners, this highly regarded text is clinically focused and easy to reference. Led by Drs. Joseph Parrillo and Phillip Dellinger, the 5th Edition introduces numerous new authors who lend a fresh perspective and contribute their expertise to that of hundreds of top authorities in the field.
- Includes new chapters on current applications of bedside ultrasound in the ICU, both diagnostic and procedural; mechanical assist devices; and extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Contains new administrative chapters that provide important information on performance improvement and quality, length of stay, operations, working with the Joint Commission, and more.
- Features new videos and images that provide visual guidance and clarify complex topics.
- Keeps you up to date with expanded chapters on echocardiography in the ICU and valvular heart disease, including TAVR.
- Includes separate chapters on mechanical ventilation of obstructive airway disease and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) – including the many recent changes in approach to positive end expiratory pressure setting in ARDS.
- Covers key topics such as patient-ventilator synchrony and non-invasive ventilation for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients with acute respiratory failure.
- Reflects the recent literature and guidance on amount of fluids, type of fluid, vasopressor selection, mean arterial pressure target, and decision on steroid use in septic shock.
- Provides questions and answers in every chapter, perfect for self-assessment and review.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
GET IT FREE HERE
Portable and easy to use, Rogers’ Handbook of Pediatric Intensive Care, Fifth Edition, contains key information from the best-selling Rogers’ Textbook in a handy format designed for everyday use. Nearly 100 chapters offer a clinically relevant synopsis of core information needed for quick reference and safe practice in the PICU.
- New chapters cover Rapid Response Systems; Non-Invasive Ventilation; Abusive Head Trauma; Pulmonary Hypertension; Dengue and Other Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers (including Ebola); Gastrointestinal Bleeding; Diagnostic Imaging of the Abdomen; and more.
- All chapters have been thoroughly updated and rewritten.
- Numerous tables and line drawings facilitate quick retrieval of information.
- Distills the authoritative, essential information you need in the PICU, in an easy-to-manage handbook format.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
‘a smaller, portable version of the parent textbook that is better suited for the bedside or tabletop work on the ward.’
‘Chapters are well written with texture of type and color highlights identifying specific topics.’
‘Color line drawings are abundant and reproduce beautifully.’
‘an extensive index includes separate citations for figures and tables’
‘continues the excellent production quality of the parent textbook.’
-Doodys Publishers’ Club, May 5, 2017
GET IT FREE HERE
Now in its sixth edition, Critical Care Obstetrics offers an authoritative guide to what might go seriously wrong with a pregnancy and delivery and explains how to manage grave complications. Written by an international panel of experts, this updated and revised edition contains the most recent advances in the field as well as recommendations for treating common complications such as bleeding, thrombosis, trauma, acute infection, airway problems and drug reactions in a pregnant patient.
This important guide offers the information needed to enable the early-on recognition of life-threatening conditions and the use of immediate life-saving treatments in emergency situations. The techniques and procedures outlined help to maximise the survival prospects of both the mother and fetus. The authors offer an accessible text for any healthcare professional responsible for the care and management of pregnant women and their unborn children. Critical Care Obstetrics is a vital resource that:
- Contains a clear guide for early recognition of conditions which may prove life threatening
- Offers new information on Analgesia and sedation; Imaging and interventional radiology in pregnancy; Oxygen therapy; and Pulmonary hypertension
- Presents protocols for implementing life-saving treatments in emergency situations
- Written by international experts in emergency obstetric medicine
Designed for use by obstetricians and obstetrician and gynecology trainees, Critical Care Obstetrics is the updated guide to the management of serious conditions in pregnancy and delivery.
GET IT FREE HERE
An authoritative and comprehensive review of the most important clinical issues facing critically ill neurologic and neurosurgical patients. The authors provide pertinent basic, clinical, diagnostic, and management guidelines for all the conditions commonly encountered in the neurocritical care unit, including the management of autonomic disorders that require critical care, postoperative management, and endovascular treatment. The authors also discuss the latest developments in the monitoring of different body systems, emphasizing the management of cardiorespiratory complications and other medical conditions that may threaten the patient’s life. Also detailed are the concepts of intracranial physiology and current neuromonitoring techniques, subjects whose understanding is basic to effective management of critically ill neurologic patients. Numerous tables, figures, diagrams, and radiographs simplify and explicate both the diagnostic and therapeutic processes.
“After review of monitoring and common presentations for neurologic conditions, there is discussion of common neurologic problems seen in the intensive care unit including subarachnoid hemorrhage, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord diseases, status epilepticus, central nervous system infections, and special considerations in perioperative care. Chapters are clearly written and include line drawings and tables. Concluding the book is an outstanding group of appendixes reviewing monitoring calculations and standard assessment scores. A sample nursing flow sheet is included. “-Doody’s Health Sciences Book Review Journal
From the Back Cover
In recent years, significant gains have been made in neurocritical care because of improved monitoring techniques, neurosurgical approaches, and therapies for various complex neurologic and neurosurgical conditions. In Critical Care Neurology and Neurosurgery, a panel of world-renowned experts in neurocritical care comprehensively reviews the most important clinical issues facing critically ill neurologic and neurosurgical patients. Beginning with recommendations for the organization of a modern and efficient neurosciences critical care unit, these experts provide pertinent basic, clinical, diagnostic, and management guidelines for all the conditions commonly encountered in the neurocritical care unit, including the management of traumatic brain injury, autonomic disorders, postoperative recuperation, and endovascular treatment. In addition, the authors discuss the latest developments in the monitoring of different body systems, emphasizing the management of cardiorespiratory complications and other medical conditions that may threaten the patient’s life. Also detailed are the concepts of intracranial physiology and current neuromonitoring techniques, subjects whose understanding is basic to effective management of critically ill neurologic patients. Numerous tables, figures, diagrams, and radiographs simplify and explicate both the diagnostic and therapeutic processes.
Authoritative and comprehensive, Critical Care Neurology and Neurosurgery provides critical care physicians and nurses, neurologists, neuroanesthesiologists, and neurosurgeons easy access to the most up-to-date guidelines for effective care of patients suffering serious and acute diseases of the brain and spinal cord.
GET IT FREE HERE
Part of the popular Pocket Notebook Series, Pocket ICU, Second Edition provides concise, evidence-based information for critical care students, interns, residents, and professionals at all levels of experience. Now fully revised and up to date, this portable handbook can be used for quick, easy reference both in the wards and in the operating room.
- Provides fast access to the most relevant, evidence-based information in every area of critical care, including adult and pediatric critical care, neuro-critical care, cardiac critical care, and transplant, burn, and neonatal critical care.
- Includes a new chapter, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation and Ventricular Assist Devices
- Addresses special considerations for obese patients and older adults with critical illness
- Features an improved table of contents and index for faster access to essential information.
- Includes current contributions from leading critical care experts, as well as the most recent evidence available in the field.
- Uses a reader-friendly, bulleted outline format with numerous tables and diagrams throughout.
‘appendixes provide pharmacological data, metabolic calculations, and cardiopulmonary relationships’
‘chapters and procedural content are marked for efficient cross-referencing‘
‘Content is efficiently presented in an outline format‘
‘In its multidisciplinary presentation and scope, this is an outstanding resource‘
Weighted Numerical Score: 91 – 4 Stars!
-Doodys Publishers’ Club, March 17, 2017
GET IT FREE HERE