From the Back Cover
A FULLY ILLUSTRATED DIAGNOSTIC AID FOR
DERMATOLOGISTS AND PATHOLOGISTS AT ALL LEVELS
Differential diagnosis is at its most accurate and efficient when clinical presentation and histopathological features are considered in correlation with one another. With this being so, the expert team behind this atlas has integrated both perspectives to create an innovative and essential resource for all those involved with the diagnosis of tumors, cysts, and nevi. Hundreds of full-color images clearly illustrate common patterns and variants of tumorous lesions of the skin and are helpfully contextualized by concise, straightforward descriptions of key features and diagnostic clues.
Whether in training or in practice, dermatologists and pathologists of all levels will find this an insightful and practically applicable addition to their bookshelf. Its far-reaching and easy-to-navigate coverage of relevant diseases of the skin provides trainees with an excellent grounding in the area, while practicing specialists may benefit from its use as a tool for the differential diagnoses of borderline cases. As with the authors’ previous work on inflammatory dermatoses, Atlas of Dermatopathology: Practical Differential Diagnosis by Clinicopathologic Pattern, this important text:
- Takes an effective, pattern-based approach to dermatologic diagnosis
- Matches clinical and histopathologic perspectives to give a fuller diagnostic picture
- Aids accurate diagnosis with almost 1,400 illustrative images
- Is written and designed to be easily consulted in everyday practice
- Presents contributions from internationally renowned dermatopathologists
Atlas of Dermatopathology: Tumors, Nevi, and Cysts offers a uniquely balanced, clear, and comprehensive guide to what can be a difficult process, and will be of tremendous assistance to students, dermatologists, dermatopathologists, and pathologists everywhere.
This essential guide offers trainees and practicing dermatologists alike a reliable and easy-to-navigate reference tool for the accurate and expedient diagnosis of skin diseases. With its balanced consideration of both clinical and histopathological features, the book supports the straightforward, pattern-based identification of a wide range of disorders, and breaks diagnostic criteria down into accessible, bite-sized pointers. 250 high-quality images complement the text to wonderful effect, and offer invaluable points of comparison for anyone working in the field of dermatology today.
GET IT FREE HERE
Intuitively organized by appearance rather than etiology, Lookingbill and Marks’ Principles of Dermatology, 6th Edition, by Drs. James G. Marks, Jr. and Jeffrey J. Miller, is a concise, abundantly illustrated everyday reference for dermatologic diagnosis and therapy. It offers expert guidance and overviews of essential information in dermatology, including key points, clinical pearls, differential diagnosis, and tables of first- and second-line treatments. Superb clinical photographs, full-color histopathology images, and corresponding cross-sectional line diagrams provide details on cause and condition.
- Provides self-assessment case reviews to test mastery of important material, therapy options in highlighted boxes, and additional photos of uncommon presentations at the end of each chapter.
- Helps you arrive at an accurate differential diagnosis with numerous tables that rank skin diseases according to frequency of incidence and highlight clinical features.
- Features new and expanded evidence-based treatment tables to keep you up to date with fast-changing treatments in dermatology and guide you toward the best treatments for your patients.
- Offers new coverage of common drug eruptions, as well as the latest therapies for common, difficult-to-treat skin disorders, such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Includes a more diverse range of skin color patient images throughout.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
GET IT FREE HERE
Postgraduates studying dermatology can face a frustrating lack of appropriate revision aids: reference books are often too exhaustive or out-of-date, while undergraduate and introductory texts lack the necessary detail and depth. This book is specifically designed for postgraduate examinations, in particular the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) Specialist Certificate Examination in dermatology, but also the MRCP, MRCGP, MRCPCH, RCPATH diploma in dermatopathology and the GP/CMT knowledge test. For general practitioners the book is the perfect accompaniment for the diploma in dermatology. Providing much more than a ‘cheat sheet’ of questions and answers, its chapters are designed to be studied in sequence, each building on the last to develop a strong overall understanding. Lists, tables and summaries help candidates to target their revision to commonly examined areas, while MCQs (multiple choice questions) following the widespread ‘best of five’ format allow candidates to test their knowledge. ‘It is my hope that reading this book will save postgraduates from making their own notes and allow them more time to concentrate on what is truly important – looking after patients.’ – James Halpern in his Preface ‘There is a lot to learn in Dermatology. Browsing through [this book] will help you understand the standards expected.Working through the examples will focus the mind and expose your weak spots.’ – from the Foreword by Celia Moss.
GET IT FREE HERE