The NCLEX-RN exam is not just about what you know—it’s about how you think. Kaplan’s NCLEX-RN Prep 2019 uses expert critical thinking strategies and targeted sample questions to help you put your expertise into practice and ace the exam!
The NCLEX-RN exam tests how you’ll apply the medical knowledge you’ve gained in real-life situations. In NCLEX-RN Prep 2019, Kaplan’s all-star nursing faculty teaches you 10 critical thinking pathways to help you think like a nurse. Eight chapters end with practice sets to help you put critical thinking principles into action.
Proven Strategies. Realistic Practice.
• 10 critical thinking pathways to break down what exam questions are asking
• 8 end-of-chapter practice sets to help you put critical thinking principles into action
• Full-length practice test
• Detailed rationales for all answer choices, correct and incorrect
• Techniques for mastering the computer adaptive test format
• In-depth content review, organized along the exam’s “Client Needs” framework
• Kaplan’s Learning Engineers and expert psychometricians ensure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test
• We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for 80 years, and our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams
The Handbook of Toxicology, Third Edition provides an updated practical reference source for practicing toxicologists in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries, contract laboratories, regulatory agencies, and academia. Written by experts in their specific toxicology fields, the chapters provide both fundamental and applied information. Topics range from General Toxicology, to Genetic Toxicology, Human Clinical Toxicology, Histopathology, Clinical Pathology, Metabolism and Toxicokinetics, Risk Assessment, and more.
New to this edition:
Completely rewritten chapters covering immunotoxicology, endocrine toxicology, and reproductive and developmental toxicology, providing a fresh perspective on these topics
Addition of new chapters on Chemical Toxicology, Pharmaceutical Toxicology, Juvenile Toxicology, and Safety Pharmacology
Updated information dealing with Inhalation Toxicology, Neurotoxicology, and Regulatory Toxicology, which has been consolidated into single chapters for each specialty
A separate glossary with toxicological terms presented both alphabetically and by toxicological subspecialty
For nearly 20 years, this handbook has remained the only reference book of its kind, designed to facilitate easy access to information related to the various toxicology specialties. This updated edition of a popular reference book reflects current practices and the state of the science of toxicology.
GET IT FREE HERE
by Charles R. McConnell (Author)
Hospitals and Health Systems: What They Are and How They Work takes a practical approach to explaining the history, development, and structure of modern health care institutions. Early chapters discuss the history of the hospital, Medicare and Medicaid, health insurance, as well as managed care and reimbursement to set the context for the modern hospital and health system network. The text moves on to explain how hospital mergers, reaction to cost escalation, and government and religious affiliations have led to the emergence of health systems, of which hospitals are an important part. Finally, it delves into operating today’s modern hospital, including care structure and organization, direct patient care, staffing, physical facility, business activities (billing, accounting, health information management, electronic health records, etc.), and unions.
Written for undergraduate courses in Hospital and/or Health Systems Administration, this short text can be easily used alongside a Health Management text or by anyone looking to understand how today’s hospitals and health care system evolved and now operates.
• Contributions by experts from both professional practice and academia provide fresh insights and different perspectives
• Each chapter offers key terms, learning objectives, and chapter summaries to enhance learning
• End-of-chapter review and discussion questions encourage critical thinking
GET IT FREE HERE