Key Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery, 2nd Edition, by Steven Stern, Matthew Saltzman, and Christopher Bono provides a fully updated, easy-to-follow orthopaedics reference. The book encompasses a full spectrum of core orthopaedic procedures impacting pediatric to adult patients. Unlike dense orthopaedic tomes, the straightforward, streamlined approach makes this reference the ideal operating room companion.
For each of the 60 procedures, the authors include numbered, step-by-step guidance. This is augmented with more than 300 high-quality black and white line drawings illustrating techniques. In addition to consistently formatted surgery procedures, each chapter includes indications; contraindications; preoperative preparation; special instruments, position, and anesthesia; clinical tips and pearls; pitfalls to avoid; postoperative care issues; and suggested reading. From the foot and ankle to the cervical spine, procedures cover a wide range of acquired and degenerative conditions.
– Open and arthroscopic shoulder approaches including rotator cuff repair, Latarjet, Bankart, hemiarthroplasty/reverse shoulder arthroplasty for proximal humerus fractures, and total shoulder arthroplasty
– Management of arm, elbow, and hand conditions including compartment syndrome of the forearm, carpal tunnel syndrome, olecranon and radial head/neck fractures, thumb metacarpal fractures, and distal radius fractures
– Essential techniques for treating hip fractures, hybrid and uncemented total hip arthroscopy, hemiarthroplasty,and pediatric hip aspiration
– Core knee and leg procedures including ACL repair, total and medial unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, and repair of tibial shaft, femoral shaft, and patella fractures
– The use of pedicle screws, fusions, decompression, disc arthroplasty, discectomy, and vertebrectomy, for cervical and lumbar spine pathologies
The succinct, reader-friendly format emphasizes technique and is designed to allow readers to quickly review and absorb salient procedural steps. Orthopaedic residents and surgeons alike will benefit from this must-have rounds and OR resource.
GET IT FREE HERE