An intense, streamlined review for the gastroenterology board exam
Gatroenterology and Hepatology Board Review: Pearls of Wisdom, 3e is a unique question and single-answer review for gastroenterology in-service and board exams. The book features about 3,500 questions with only the correct answer provided, reinforcing the answer students need to remember on exam day. Emphasis is placed on distilling key facts and clinical pearls essential for exam success.
– NEW chapter organization by anatomy to help poinpoint areas of weakness
– FULL COLOR image gallery
– NEW chapters on Radiography and Endoscopy
GET IT FREE HERE
by John M. Inadomi (Author), Renuka Bhattacharya (Author), Joo Ha Hwang (Author), Cynthia Ko (Author)
This 4th edition of Yamada’s Handbook of Gastroenterology provides a portable, well-illustrated, rapid access handbook for gastroenterologists of all levels, perfect for quick and easy use while on the wards.
Divided into 2 parts – part 1 being symptom-focused and part 2 disease-focused, it gives 100% clinical assessment and practical management advice for the entire range of GI symptoms, complaints and conditions that patients present with. Every symptom you’re likely to encounter is covered, every condition assessed.
The GI doctor’s classic portable, clinically-focused and authoritative reference, revised and updated
The revised and updated fourth edition of Yamada’s Handbook of Gastroenterology focuses on the clinical aspects of patients presenting with gastrointestinal and liver disease. The book is a portable, quick reference tool designed to assist trainees and practicing gastroenterologists in the practical assessment and clinical management of patients. The Handbook is divided into two parts; the first is symptom focused and the second highlights diseases. Each chapter features key practice points, essentials of diagnosis, potential pitfalls and case studies. In addition, the book includes multiple choice questions and answers to enhance understanding.
The fourth edition includes updated clinical practice guidelines from National Societies (American Gastroenterological Association, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, American Association for the Study of Liver Disease and American College of Gastroenterology).
The new edition also offers many new photographs of endoscopic, radiographic and histopathologic images. This important resource:
Contains both symptom- and disease-focused chapters, and covers all clinical conditions and symptoms likely to be encountered
Presents case studies, practice points, essentials of diagnosis boxes, society guideline comparisons, and MCQs for self-assessment tailored to ABIM Board level
Offers an abundance of management algorithms and flowcharts to help plot the best route for clinical care
Includes a full-colour plate section
Written for gastroenterology, hepatology and internal medicine specialists, Yamada’s Handbook of Gastroenterology, Fourth Edition continues to offer a succinct guide for daily use on the wards and also as a resource for preparation for GI Boards and re-certification
About the Author
JOHN M. INADOMI, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
RENUKA BHATTACHARYA, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
JOO HA HWANG, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
CYNTHIA KO, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
GET IT FREE HERE
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards 1st Prize Award Winner in Pathology Category! The updated edition of Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas is designed to act as a one-stop medical reference book for the entire gastrointestinal system, providing exhaustive coverage and equipping you with all of the necessary tools to make a comprehensive diagnostic workup. You’ll access thousands of high-quality illustrations and eight brand-new chapters, so you can recognize and diagnose any pathological slide you encounter.
“The 3rd?edition of this multiauthor GI pathology textbook has been expanded & is a must-have for pathologists practising lumenal pathology of the GI tract.”
The updated edition of Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas is designed to act as a one-stop medical reference book for the entire gastrointestinal system, providing exhaustive coverage and equipping you with all of the necessary tools to make a comprehensive diagnostic workup. You’ll access thousands of high-quality illustrations and eight brand-new chapters, so you can recognize and diagnose any pathological slide you encounter.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Make a comprehensive diagnostic workup with data from ancillary techniques and molecular findings whenever appropriate.
- Effectively grasp complex topics and streamline decision-making by using extensive tables, graphs, and flowcharts.
- Avoid diagnostic errors thanks to practical advice on pitfalls in differential diagnosis.
- Navigate the book quickly with a “road map” featured at the beginning of each chapter.
- Provide the clinician with the most accurate and up-to-date diagnostic and prognostic indicators, including key molecular aspects of tumor pathology, with access to the latest classification and staging systems available.
- Evaluate diagnostically challenging cases using diagnostic algorithms.
- Stay abreast of the latest advances with eight new chapters: Autoimmune Disorders of the GI Tract; Drug Induced Disorders of the GI Tract; Molecular Diagnostics of Tubal Gut Neoplasms; Molecular Diagnostics of the Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tree, and Pancreatic Tumors; Tumors of the Ampulla; Molecular Diagnostics of Hepatocellular Neoplasms; Approach to the Liver Biopsy, and Approach to Gastrointestinal Tract Biopsies.
- Remain at the forefront of your field with coverage of new molecular and genetic markers in GI neoplasms; updated knowledge on liver and biliary tree pathology; and expanded information on tumors of the ampulla.
- Recognize and diagnose any tissue sample under the microscope with help from over 3000 high-quality color illustrations.
GET IT FREE HERE
Digestive diseases have always been a major threat to global health. Despite the rapid advances in various diagnostic modalities, many a time the final verdict can be elusive and present a diagnostic challenge for the attending doctor.
Clinical Challenges & Images in Gastroenterology — A Diagnostic Guide presents 50 real-life cases to illustrate an evidence-based approach for the diagnosis, investigation and management of gastrointestinal diseases commonly encountered in everyday practice, with a special focus on the interpretation of endoscopic and radiological images. This book provides a pragmatic approach for medical students, residents, specialist trainees and specialists alike who have an interest in gastroenterology. Other healthcare providers, such as general practitioners, nurses and dieticians, will also benefit from these case illustrations.
The authors of this book are based at the Institute of Digestive Disease, Chinese University of Hong Kong. This institute has contributed to major breakthroughs that have improved the clinical management of digestive diseases including, but not limited to, the advent of endoscopic therapies and minimally invasive surgery, molecular diagnostic tools for cancers and inflammatory bowel disease, and the development of novel treatments for acid-peptic disease and viral hepatitis.
GET IT FREE HERE
GET IT FREE HERE
This volume provides a history of Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE), a basic understanding of the physiology of the eosinophil, and a current understanding of the pathophysiology and genetics of EoE. The emphasis is on clinical applications including presenting symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options for patients with EoE. Written by both pediatric and adult experts in the fields of gastroenterology, allergy and pathology, this volume includes the most up to date information.
Providing practical information useful in the treatment of patients, this book will be of great value to gastroenterologists, allergists, pathologists, medical residents, fellows, internists, and general practitioners who treat patients with eosinophilic esophagitis.
GET IT FREE HERE