The most practical, up-to-date, and well-referenced guide to the diagnosis and treatment of children―from birth to adolescence
A Doody’s Core Title for 2020!
Following the “Current” outline format to make it super easy for you to find the answers you need, this comprehensive, clinically focused guide delivers evidence-based information on the pediatric medical conditions most often encountered in daily clinical practice.
Complete with an invaluable guide to normal laboratory values and 600 photos and illustrations, CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment Pediatrics offers succinct, authoritative overviews of important pediatric health concerns, such as childhood nutrition and eating disorders; substance abuse; psychiatric disorders; child abuse; oral medicine and dentistry; immunization; and emergencies and injuries. The authors provide detailed descriptions of diseases as well as diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and everything is presented in the time-saving LANGE CURRENT style: Problem, Essentials of Diagnosis, Clinical Findings, Differential Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prognosis.
GET IT FREE HERE
Concise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual® of Pediatrics, 2nd Edition , focuses on the essential information you need to know when caring for children in the hospital, ICU, emergency department, and subspecialty outpatient clinics. This practical reference presents brief, logical approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of common inpatient pediatric problems, as well as evidence-based references where they are available. Thoroughly updated throughout, the 2nd Edition provides a clear view of the challenges faced by residents, interns, and medical students, plus offers practical solutions, and expert guidance – all in one convenient and easily accessible source.
- Thoroughly revised chapters with up-to-date, clinically applicable content that is easy for providers at all levels.
- New chapters on Development Milestones, Child Maltreatment, and Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
- Coverage includes growth and nutrition, emergencies, poisonings, newborn medicine, critical care, surgery, adolescent medicine, child maltreatment, allergy and immunology, radiology, sedation, genetic diseases, and much more.
- Numerous tables, algorithms, and evidence-based references keep you up to date.
- Written by interns, residents, chief residents, subspecialty fellows, and faculty at St. Louis Children’s Hospital and Washington University in St. Louis.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
The Washington Manual® is a registered mark belonging to Washington University in St. Louis to which international legal protection applies. The mark is used in this publication by Wolters Kluwer under license from Washington University.
GET IT FREE HERE
New 21st Edition! This bestselling and widely used resource on pediatric antimicrobial therapy provides instant access to reliable, up-to-the-minute recommendations for treatment of all infectious diseases in children.
For each disease, the authors provide a commentary to help health care providers select the best of all antimicrobial choices. Drug descriptions cover all antimicrobial agents available today and include complete information about dosing regimens. In response to growing concerns about overuse of antibiotics, the program includes guidelines on when not to prescribe antimicrobials.
Practical, evidence-based recommendations from the experts in antimicrobial therapy
- Developed by distinguished editorial board
- Designed for those who take care of children and are faced with decisions every day
- New at-a-glance tables of bacterial and fungal pathogen susceptibilities to commonly used antimicrobials
- New information on neonatal developmental pharmacology
- Includes treatment of parasitic infections and tropical medicine
- Updated assessments regarding the strength of the recommendation and the level of evidence for treatment recommendations for major infections
- Anti-infective drug listing, complete with formulations and dosages
- Antibiotic therapy for obese children
- Antimicrobial prophylaxis/prevention of symptomatic infection
- Maximal adult dosages and higher dosages of some antimicrobials commonly used in children
GET IT FREE HERE
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
More than 2,000 photographs facilitate rapid visual diagnosis and management of common and rare pediatric emergencies
Atlas of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Third Edition is written to assist the busy clinician in the evaluation, management, and disposition of acutely ill or injured pediatric patients. Enhanced by more than 2,000 photographs and nearly 100 line illustrations, this unique visual resource has been acclaimed as the finest collection of pediatric emergency medicine images available anywhere.
The Atlas features a clear, consistent format, with concise text detailing Clinical Summary, Emergency Department Treatment and Disposition, and Pearls. Positioned next to this easy-to-read text is a wealth of images that illustrate how these clinical problems actually present in a real-life emergency setting.
• More than 2,000 high-quality clinical photographs and images (many in full color and many new to this edition)
• Content that spans infancy through adolescence
• Comprehensive coverage of disorders (including trauma) organized by body systems
• Updated throughout, including important new content on PoCUS (Point-of-Care Ultrasound)
If you are in need of a highly accessible, well-illustrated resource designed to assist you in making an accurate and timely diagnosis, your search ends here.
GET IT FREE HERE
Neurodevelopmental Disorders in Children and Adolescents provides an innovative perspective on developmental disorders in youth, one focused on embracing and working with the “messiness” and many variables at play in child and adolescent development. The volume’s approach is aligned with the NIMH Research Domain Criteria project, which hopes to move away from categorical diagnosis toward multidimensional analysis. Each chapter focuses on a particular aspect of development, cluster of diagnoses, or clinical concern. The book also emphasizes humility, an awareness of diversity and difference without stigma, and support for collaborative and integrative healthcare. This is an essential volume for practitioners hoping to improve how they evaluate and treat developmental disorders in children.
GET IT FREE HERE
One in 70 children are admitted to paediatric intensive care (PIC) at some time during childhood. Most paediatric junior doctors will rotate through PIC, and will be involved in organising acute intensive care for critically ill children. The range of children and their illnesses going through PIC is vast, making it a hugely diverse specialty. A critically ill child will end up there regardless of their underlying disease, and as a result consultants in PIC must be true generalists and need to acquire knowledge and skills in all areas of paediatrics, as well as acquiring significant knowledge of anaesthesia and surgery.
From setting up the ventilator, to managing low cardiac output, Paediatric Intensive Care gives practical and realistic advice for children’s doctors and nurses in intensive care. Information is presented in easily-accessible ‘5 minute chunks’ to enable you to quickly get the answers you need, with extensive cross-referencing ensuring that different aspects of a particular clinical problem are fully covered. With detailed answers to specific problems and expert guidance on how to manage the complex issues faced in PIC, this handbook is an indispensible guide for all those who provide care to sick children.
GET IT FREE HERE
Swaiman’s Pediatric Neurology, by Drs. Kenneth Swaiman, Stephen Ashwal, Donna Ferriero, and Nina Schor, is a trusted resource in clinical pediatric neurology with comprehensive, authoritative, and clearly-written guidance. Extensively updated to reflect advancements in the field, this fifth edition covers new imaging modalities such as pediatric neuroimaging, spinal fluid examination, neurophysiology, as well as the treatment and management of epilepsy, ADHD, infections of the nervous system, and more. The fully searchable text is now available online at www.expertconsult.com, along with downloadable images and procedural videos demonstrating intraventricular hemorrhage and white matter injury, making this an indispensable multimedia resource in pediatric neurology.
- Gain a clear visual understanding from the numerous illustrations, informative line drawings, and summary tables.
- Tap into the expertise of an authoritative and respected team of editors and contributors.
- Get comprehensive coverage of all aspects of pediatric neurology with a clinical focus useful for both the experienced clinician and the physician-in-training.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with 16 additional online-only chapters, downloadable images, videos demonstrating intraventricular hemorrhage and white matter injury, and links to PubMed.
- Stay current on recent developments through extensive revisions: a new chapter on paraneoplastic syndromes in children; a new section on congenital brain malformations written by leading international authorities; and another one on cutting-edge pediatric neuroscience concepts relating to plasticity, neurodegeneration of the developing brain, and neuroinflammation.
- Apply the latest information on diagnostic modalities, including pediatric neuroimaging, spinal fluid examination, and neurophysiology
GET IT FREE HERE
Are you looking for concise, practical answers to those questions that are often left unanswered by traditional pediatric sleep disorder references? Are you seeking brief, evidence-based advice for complicated cases or controversial decisions? Curbside Consultation in Pediatric Sleep Disorders: 49 Clinical Questions provides quick answers to the tricky questions most commonly posed during a “curbside consultation” between pediatricians.
Dr. Aaron Chidekel has designed this unique reference which offers expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly associated with pediatric sleep disorders. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to pediatric sleep disorders with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Numerous images, diagrams, and references allow readers to browse large amounts of information in an expedited fashion.
Some of the questions that are answered:
• Why do we sleep and what is happening when children sleep?
• How does sleep change from infancy to adulthood?
• What are the latest recommendations for safe infant sleep and the prevention of SIDS?
• What are some pearls or strategies to manage or even better, to prevent behavioral sleep disorders in young children?
• What is obstructive sleep apnea syndrome?
• What is narcolepsy and do children actually develop this condition?
Curbside Consultation in Pediatric Sleep Disorders: 49 Clinical Questions provides information basic enough for residents while also incorporating expert advice that even high-volume pediatricians will appreciate. Pediatricians, family practitioners, and pediatric residents will benefit from the user-friendly, casual format and the expert advice contained within.
GET IT FREE HERE
Confidently diagnose and manage primary neurologic disorders of childhood with actionable, step-by-step assistance from Fenichel’s Clinical Pediatric Neurology! A signs-and-symptoms-based approach – with consideration of each presenting symptom in terms of differential diagnosis and treatment – mirrors the way you would typically evaluate and manage a patient. A practical and well-organized introduction to pediatric neurology, this is an ideal resource for board exam preparation, office use, and reference during residency.
- Quickly identify the progression of each neurological disease. Extensive coverage clearly defines age at onset, course of illness, clinical features, and treatment options.
- Evaluate and manage even the most difficult neurodegenerative disorders―including those caused by inborn errors of metabolism – with the aid of differential diagnosis tables and treatment algorithms.
- Search crucial information at a glance. An organization by neurological signs and symptoms, together with a user-friendly, highly templated format allows for quick and easy reference.
- Rely on it anytime, anywhere! Access the full text and more at www.expertconsult.com.
- Discover the latest in pediatric neurology including important emerging topics such as new-generation pharmacological therapy for seizures and epilepsy, neuropathic pain, and auto-immune neurological disease; anti-NMDA antibody encephalopathy; diagnosis and management of neuro-psychogenic symptomatology; and assessment and management of chronic daily headaches.
- Readily identify the more common and most treatable neurological disorders with the aid of highly templated chapters, and weighted differential diagnosis tables.
- Confidently overcome the clinical challenges you’re likely to face with singular, authoritative guidance from Dr. J. Eric Piña-Garza – a longtime associate and protégé of Dr. Gerald Fenichel.
GET IT FREE HERE
In a single, convenient volume, Pediatric Endocrinology offers complete coverage of all aspects of basic science and clinical practice, ideal for both pediatricians and endocrinologists. Pediatric endocrinology expert Dr. Mark Sperling teams up with world-renowned authors to bring you up to date with the latest key developments in every area of the field, providing invaluable guidance on how your clinical decision making will be affected by todays technological and scientific advances. The user-friendly text is enhanced by all-new online access to the complete contents of the book and more.
“Inclusion of clinical vignettes and supported by ExpertConsult access makes the text almost as good as face-to-face teaching.” Reviewed by: Neel Kamal on behalf of BACCH Newsletter, March 2015
- Determine the best possible course for every patient with easy-to-follow algorithms in every clinical chapter.
- Stay up to date with today’s hottest topics, including neonatal diabetes mellitus, Type II childhood diabetes, molecular endocrinology, and genetics.
- Explore the impact of today’s advances and challenges, including explosive growth in molecular biology, sophisticated imaging techniques, and an increase in both pediatric diabetes and obesity.
- NEW! Access the fully searchable contents of the book and new self-assessment questions online at Expert Consult.
- Quickly access the information you need with a new, streamlined organization (Concepts, Endocrine Disorders of the Newborn, Endocrine Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence, and Laboratory Tests and Imaging).
GET IT FREE HERE