Boasting a new full-color design, Orthopaedics for the Physical Therapist Assistant, Second Edition provides students with evidence-based guidelines for the assessment and rehabilitation of the orthopaedic patient. After considering the fundamental knowledge and skills needed by the PTA student, the text then explores therapeutic activities and the orthopaedic management of specific joints. These joint chapters follow a uniform structure that considers relevant anatomy and kinesiology, examination techniques, common pathologies, and the various strategies and techniques with which they can be addressed. Orthopaedics for the Physical Therapist Assistant utilizes a range of pedagogical features to improve learning and retention. These include Chapter Objectives that assist students in identifying key learning outcomes; Key Point boxes that emphasize important concepts, and Case Studies that allow students to apply their knowledge. Each chapter ends with Review Questions that test retention of key concepts.
GET IT FREE HERE
The Third Edition of The Shoulder , the respected volume in the Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery series has been fully revised to cover current surgical techniques and to highlight the latest advances in shoulder arthroplasty. The world’s foremost shoulder surgeons explain their preferred approaches and offer step-by-step procedural guidance—including indications and contraindications for each procedure, warnings of potential pitfalls, guidance on managing complications, and tips and pearls garnered from years of surgical experience. New chapters cover recent advances in arthroscopic surgery, rotator cuff and arthroplasty, treatment of shoulder instability, and management of traumatic shoulder injuries. Nearly 1200 full color illustrations and line drawings enhance surgical descriptions. A companion website provides fully searchable text and a detailed image bank.
NEW in the Third Edition…
• Eight new chapters describe the latest advances in arthroscopic surgery, rotator cuff and arthroplasty, treatment of shoulder instability, and management of traumatic shoulder injuries.
• Contributions from world-renowned orthopedic surgeons share insights on their preferred techniques
• 1,150 full color illustrations highlight detailed, step-by-step coverage of surgical techniques.
• Companion website lets you search the complete text and provides a detailed image bank.
GET IT FREE HERE
Newly updated, this full-color text offers a rich array of features to help you develop your musculoskeletal assessment skills. Orthopedic Physical Assessment, 6th Edition provides rationales for various aspects of assessment and covers every joint of the body, as well as specific topics including principles of assessment, gait, posture, the head and face, the amputee, primary care, and emergency sports assessment. Artwork and photos with detailed descriptions of assessments clearly demonstrate assessment methods, tests, and causes of pathology. The text also comes with an array of online learning tools, including video clips demonstrating assessment tests, assessment forms, and more.
- Thorough, evidence-based review of orthopedic physical assessment covers everything from basic science through clinical applications and special tests.
- 2,400 illustrations include full-color clinical photographs and drawings as well as radiographs, depicting key concepts along with assessment techniques and special tests.
- The use of icons to show the clinical utility of special tests supplemented by evidence – based reliability & validity tables for tests & techniques on the Evolve site
- The latest research and most current practices keep you up to date on accepted practices.
- Evidence-based reliability and validity tables for tests and techniques on the EVOLVE site provide information on the diagnostic strength of each test and help you in selecting proven assessment tests.
- A Summary (Précis) of Assessment at the end of each chapter serves as a quick review of assessment steps for the structure or joint being assessed.
- Quick-reference data includes hundreds of at-a-glance summary boxes, red-flag and yellow-flag boxes, differential diagnosis tables, muscle and nerve tables, and classification, normal values, and grading tables.
- Case studies use real-world scenarios to help you develop assessment and diagnostic skills.
- Combined with other books in the Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation series ― Pathology and Intervention, Scientific Foundations and Principles of Practice, and Athletic and Sport Issues ― this book provides the clinician with the knowledge and background necessary to assess and treat musculoskeletal conditions.
- NEW! Online resources include video clips, assessment forms, text references with links to MEDLINE® abstracts, and more.
- NEW! Video clips demonstrate selected movements and the performance of tests used in musculoskeletal assessment.
- NEW! Text references linked to MEDLINE abstracts provide easy access to abstracts of journal articles for further review.
- NEW! Forms from the text with printable patient assessment forms can be downloaded for ease of use.
- NEW! Updated information in all chapters includes new photos, line drawings, boxes, and tables.
- NEW! The use of icons to show the clinical utility of special tests supplemented by evidence – based reliability & validity tables for tests & techniques on the Evolve site.
GET IT FREE HERE
Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery provides full-color, step-by-step explanations of all operative procedures in orthopaedic trauma surgery. It contains the chapters on trauma from Sam W. Wiesel’s Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. Written by experts from leading institutions around the world, this superbly illustrated volume focuses on mastery of operative techniques and also provides a thorough understanding of how to select the best procedure, how to avoid complications, and what outcomes to expect.
The user-friendly format is ideal for quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure. Each procedure is broken down step by step, with full-color intraoperative photographs and drawings that demonstrate how to perform each technique. Extensive use of bulleted points and tables allows quick and easy reference.
Each clinical problem is discussed in the same format: definition, anatomy, physical exams, pathogenesis, natural history, physical findings, imaging and diagnostic studies, differential diagnosis, non-operative management, surgical management, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications. To ensure that the material fully meets residents’ needs, the text was reviewed by a Residency Advisory Board.
GET IT FREE HERE
Since its original publication, Orthopaedic Neurology: A Diagnostic Guide to Neurologic Levels has distinguished itself as a clearly written, uniquely focused text sought after by practitioners and trainees in orthopaedics, neurosurgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain medicine, anesthesiology, neurology, and nursing, as well as primary care specialties. The second edition retains this standard of excellence while providing thorough updates in medical illustration, teaching techniques, and new approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of patients with spinal cord injuries. Now in vibrant full color, it offers a distinctive and practical combination of anatomy, the physical exam, and clinical pearls, highly readable and abundantly illustrated.
- Discusses the diagnosis of neurologic levels according to common denominators, and combines them with the basic principles of neurology to assist in the appraisal of spinal cord and nerve root problems.
- Presents classic original drawings now carefully colorized for optimal visual reference, and additional drawings added as necessary. Corresponding radiographic imaging techniques (predominantly MRI and CT) have also been added.
- Each chapter first covers basic neurologic information, then provides clinical significance by applying it to the diagnosis of the more common neurologic pathologies.
- Ideal for those who wish to understand more clearly the clinical concepts behind neurologic levels, moving systematically from concept to practice, and from general rules to specific applications.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac.
Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
GET IT FREE HERE
Through four outstanding editions, this highly regarded text has provided a clear, surgeon’s-point of view of orthopaedic anatomy using easy-to-follow descriptions accompanied by hundreds of superb, full-color illustrations. The state-of-the-art fifth edition brings you up to date with recent changes in the field, using a highly relevant anatomic approach that has become increasingly important as approaches become smaller. Designed to increase your anatomic knowledge, increase safety, and improve patient outcomes, this updated resource is a must-have reference for today’s orthopaedic surgeon.Key Features
- Each chapter details the techniques and pitfalls of a surgical approach, gives a clear preview of anatomic landmarks and incisions, and highlights potential dangers of superficial and deep dissection.
- Seventeen high-quality procedural videos provide over an hour of surgeries from every relevant angle, including a split screen with diagrams.
- Updates of existing surgical approaches include expanded approaches for emergency decompression of a compartment syndrome of the lower leg and forearm, as well as the addition of a classic approach to fixation of distal radial fractures.
- New coverage of the posterior and postero-lateral approaches to the tibial plateau, surgical dislocation of the hip, a minimally invasive anterior approach to the hip joint, and the lateral approach to the metatarso phalangeal joint of the hallux.
- Revisions include clear depictions of the iliopectinal fascia and the step technique for the flip osteotomy of the greater trochanter.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
GET IT FREE HERE
This important new Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery volume demonstrates approximately 100 of the most successful, widely used surgical exposures. World-renowned master surgeons describe their preferred surgical exposure techniques in step-by-step detail and offer pearls and tips for improving results. The book is thoroughly illustrated with full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view photographs of anatomic dissections, with accompanying drawings by a noted medical illustrator to give surgeons a full understanding of what they will encounter in a patient.Chapters cover each anatomic region of the musculoskeletal system and spine. Exposures are organized similarly to the other Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery volumes.
GET IT FREE HERE
This highly illustrated textbook provides an essential guide for surgeons in training. It follows a step-by-step approach to performing a surgical procedure. It includes details of positioning the patient, the approach and reduction technique, the implant to be inserted, protocols for postoperative mobilization, complications to look for, when the patient should be seen in the outpatient clinic and whether the implant should be removed. Intraoperative pictures have been incorporated to make the surgeon aware of all the important issues involved. It covers the most common trauma procedures that surgeons in training are expected to perform during their residency. Each procedure has been written by an expert. This will be an invaluable resource for the resident in training during the long on-call nights in the hospital while preparing for the operations necessary to help trauma patients.
GET IT FREE HERE
The definitive guide to trauma surgery—now in full color!
The seventh edition, Trauma reaffirms its status as the leading comprehensive textbook in the field. With a new full-color design and a rich atlas of anatomic drawings and surgical approaches, Trauma, 7e takes you through the full range of injuries the trauma surgeon is likely to encounter. The book also features timely coverage that explains how to care for war victims who may require acute interventions such as amputation.
Supported by numerous x-rays, CT scans, plus informative tables throughout, this trusted reference begins with an informative look at kinematics and the mechanisms of trauma injury. Subsequent chapters provide useful background information on the epidemiology of trauma; injury prevention; the basics of trauma systems, triage, and transport; and much more. The next section meticulously reviews generalized approaches to the trauma patient, from pre-hospital care and managing shock, to emergency department thoracotomy and the management of infections. Trauma then delivers a clear organ-by-organ survey of treatment protocols designed to help you respond to any critical care situation with confidence, no matter what body system is involved. The remaining sections of the book will help you successfully handle specific challenges in trauma—including alcohol and drug abuse, and combat-related wounds—in addition to post-traumatic complications such as multiple organ failure.
- NEW! Trauma Atlas contains precise, concept-clarifying anatomical illustrations and proven surgical techniques that make common procedures more accessible than ever before
- High-yield section on specific approaches to the trauma patient prepares you for the wide spectrum of cases in trauma/critical surgery care, including: Disaster and mass casualty; Rural trauma; Management of shock; Post-injury hemotherapy and hemostasis; Emergency department thoracotomy; Diagnostic and interventional radiology; Surgeon-performed ultrasound; Anesthesia and pain management; Infection;
- A-to-Z overview of the management of specific traumatic injuries;
- Detailed discussion of the management of complications
GET IT FREE HERE
Tachdjian’s Procedures in Pediatric Orthopaedics is a brand new derivative resource from Tachdjian’s Pediatric Orthopaedics, 5th Edition, the classic comprehensive offering on the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric musculoskeletal disorders and trauma. For over 40 years, Tachdjian’s has been the trusted resource in pediatric orthopaedics, written by experts at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, a world-renowned pediatric hospital.
This procedures-focused text includes more than 70 colorized, illustrated procedures, providing step-by-step surgical walkthroughs with accompanying intraoperative illustrations. This procedures-only text will appeal to general orthopaedic surgeons, pediatric orthopaedic surgeons, orthopaedic residents, and anyone who needs to quickly and easily learn new techniques or refresh their understanding of challenging procedures.
- 3 brand new procedures not included in Tachdjian’s Pediatric Orthopaedics, 5th Edition: Ganz Periacetabular Osteotomy, Ponte Osteotomy, and Sacro-Iliac Screws.
- Instructional videos that demonstrate closed reduction of the left hip, pemberton osteotomy, salter osteotomy, and more.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
GET IT FREE HERE