Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
More than 2,000 photographs facilitate rapid visual diagnosis and management of common and rare pediatric emergencies
Atlas of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Third Edition is written to assist the busy clinician in the evaluation, management, and disposition of acutely ill or injured pediatric patients. Enhanced by more than 2,000 photographs and nearly 100 line illustrations, this unique visual resource has been acclaimed as the finest collection of pediatric emergency medicine images available anywhere.
The Atlas features a clear, consistent format, with concise text detailing Clinical Summary, Emergency Department Treatment and Disposition, and Pearls. Positioned next to this easy-to-read text is a wealth of images that illustrate how these clinical problems actually present in a real-life emergency setting.
• More than 2,000 high-quality clinical photographs and images (many in full color and many new to this edition)
• Content that spans infancy through adolescence
• Comprehensive coverage of disorders (including trauma) organized by body systems
• Updated throughout, including important new content on PoCUS (Point-of-Care Ultrasound)
If you are in need of a highly accessible, well-illustrated resource designed to assist you in making an accurate and timely diagnosis, your search ends here.
GET IT FREE HERE
A Practical Approach to Anesthesia for Emergency Surgery is a comprehensive guide to the use of anaesthesia in different medical emergencies. Beginning with the general principles of anaesthesia, each chapter focuses on a different condition and the use of anaesthesia in that emergency situation.
Assisted by well-illustrated images and diagrams, this book fills a gap created by the lack of texts focusing on emergency anaesthesia.
GET IT FREE HERE
This brand-new volume in the best-selling “Case Review” series uses more than 200 case studies to challenge your knowledge of a full range of topics in emergency radiology, including MDCT-A of vascular injury, CT and MR of spinal injuries, CT and MRI of CNS emergencies, and subtle and classic CT signs of bowel emergencies. It is your ideal concise, affordable, and user-friendly tool for self assessment in this specialty! With its soft-cover format, easy-access organization, and high-quality images, Emergency Radiology goes a long way toward alleviating exam anxiety and sharpening your clinical skills.Discusses the classic appearance of a range of emergent imaging pathology and key points concerning diagnoses to promote rapid, appropriate treatment of acute illnesses.Organizes case studies into “Opening Round,” “Fair Game,” and “Challenge” sections that present varying levels of difficulty.Mirrors the format and content of the American Board of Radiolog
GET IT FREE HERE
Mastering Emergency Medicine is a concise, revision-focused textbook that covers everything that candidates need to know in order to pass the College of Emergency Medicine’s (CEM) membership examination (MCEM) to enter training, and to the pass fellowship examination (FCEM) to complete the Certificate of Specialist Training.
With over 100 OSCE scenarios designed to stimulate everyday emergency department clinical encounters, Mastering Emergency Medicine covers all the key areas of the CEM syllabus, including: clinical examinations and practical skills, communication skills, teaching and management.
This book takes a practical approach to the subject – core facts are presented and common scenarios are explored using an OSCE style, as used in the Part C MCEM and the FCEM examinations – which makes it an invaluable blueprint for management of cases.
Closely linked to the current CEM syllabus, each chapter comprises three parts:
Core topics that supplement revision for Part A and B.
Clinical scenarios, including data and relevant practical skills that can be used to prepare for Parts B and C.
Mock ‘Scoring Scenarios’ that give specific guidance on how to perform in OSCEs.
Mastering Emergency Medicine is a highly detailed revision guide for the OSCE examinations and an essential study guide for all those who are preparing for the MCEM or FCEM examinations. It will also be useful to those who are wishing to pursue a career in Acute Medicine.
GET IT FREE HERE
Part of the popular Teaching Files series, Emergency and Trauma Radiology: A Teaching File is an exceptional resource for radiology trainees and practicing radiologists who are interested in reviewing the basics of this diverse and challenging field. 300 cases, both in print and online, are portrayed through high-quality images similar to those you see in daily practice. Each emergency or trauma case includes images, along with descriptions of clinical history, findings, differential diagnosis, a discussion of diagnosis, relevant questions with appropriate answers, reporting requirements, and key information to relay to the treating physician. It’s an ideal review tool both for practicing clinicians as well as those studying for board and certification exams.Key Features
- More than 300 cases (100 in print and an additional 200 in the interactive eBook) help you make accurate and informed diagnoses and study for exams.
- Actual cases have been taken from extensive teaching files in major medical centers.
- Each case is presented as an unknown, and in random order, for a close approximation to daily decision-making.
- Cases follow the same consistent format: a brief clinical history, several images, relevant findings, differential diagnosis, and final diagnosis, followed by a discussion of the case.
- Realistic case discussions mimic those between residents and faculty members in all radiology departments.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
GET IT FREE HERE
The definitive guide to trauma surgery—now in full color!
The seventh edition, Trauma reaffirms its status as the leading comprehensive textbook in the field. With a new full-color design and a rich atlas of anatomic drawings and surgical approaches, Trauma, 7e takes you through the full range of injuries the trauma surgeon is likely to encounter. The book also features timely coverage that explains how to care for war victims who may require acute interventions such as amputation.
Supported by numerous x-rays, CT scans, plus informative tables throughout, this trusted reference begins with an informative look at kinematics and the mechanisms of trauma injury. Subsequent chapters provide useful background information on the epidemiology of trauma; injury prevention; the basics of trauma systems, triage, and transport; and much more. The next section meticulously reviews generalized approaches to the trauma patient, from pre-hospital care and managing shock, to emergency department thoracotomy and the management of infections. Trauma then delivers a clear organ-by-organ survey of treatment protocols designed to help you respond to any critical care situation with confidence, no matter what body system is involved. The remaining sections of the book will help you successfully handle specific challenges in trauma—including alcohol and drug abuse, and combat-related wounds—in addition to post-traumatic complications such as multiple organ failure.
- NEW! Trauma Atlas contains precise, concept-clarifying anatomical illustrations and proven surgical techniques that make common procedures more accessible than ever before
- High-yield section on specific approaches to the trauma patient prepares you for the wide spectrum of cases in trauma/critical surgery care, including: Disaster and mass casualty; Rural trauma; Management of shock; Post-injury hemotherapy and hemostasis; Emergency department thoracotomy; Diagnostic and interventional radiology; Surgeon-performed ultrasound; Anesthesia and pain management; Infection;
- A-to-Z overview of the management of specific traumatic injuries;
- Detailed discussion of the management of complications
GET IT FREE HERE
Acute Medicine is written for registrars, junior doctors and medical students working on the wards. It is a current and concise guide to hospital emergency medicine which provides:
• detailed management of acute medical and surgical emergencies, including in pregnancy
• general ward management issues
• descriptions of key procedures
• normal laboratory values
• drug formulary covering the common drugs you will use every day.
It is not just a list of instructions, but contains detailed pathophysiology and useful clinical pearls.
It is designed to be carried round in a pocket for easy reference.
GET IT FREE HERE
Fully updated and revised, the second edition of The Practice of Emergency and Critical Care Neurology puts a more modern approach on the practice of emergency neurological care. When most texts within the field focus on the theoretical aspects, this book concentrates on the management of neurologic conditions, recognition of deterioration of neurologic functions, neurosurgical procedures, and immediate interventions. This text also presents hard data to explain why we do what we do.
Dr. Wijdicks condenses essential information into several sections comprising of the principles in recognizing critically ill neurologic patients in the emergency department, the evaluation of symptoms indicating critical emergency, general principles of managing critically ill patients, monitoring devices and diagnostic tests, complete management of specific disorders in the neurosciences intensive care unit, postoperative neurosurgical and neurointerventional complications, management of medical complications, and end of life care.
Key Features of the New Edition include
1. Additional chapters on critical consults in surgical and medical ICUs, critical care management, and comprehensive monitoring and biomarkers to reflect new research;
2. Rich illustrations using color photos of patients and drawings of important basic concepts of mechanism of acute neurologic disease;
3. Fully updated and comprehensive reference list;
4. A pocket book of selected tables and figures covering all essential points for quick reference and as a survival guide for house staff.
This is the go-to guide for every physician, staff neurologist, neurointensivist, resident, and fellow in training with managing acutely ill neurologic patients.
GET IT FREE HERE
Rapid acquisition and interpretation of radiographs, portable ultrasound (US) and computed tomography (CT) are now the mainstay of initial successful management of sick and traumatized patients presenting to Accident and Emergency Departments.
The ABC of Emergency Radiology is a simple and logical step-by-step guide on how to interpret radiographs, US and CT. It incorporates all the latest technological advances, including replacing plain radiographs with digital radiographs, changes in imaging protocols and the role of portable US and multidetector CT.
With over 400 illustrations and annotated radiographs, this thoroughly revised third edition provides more images, new illustrations, and new chapters on emergency US and CT that reflect current practice. Each chapter starts with radiological anatomy, standard and then additional views, a systematic approach to interpretation (ABC approach) and followed by a review of common abnormalities.
The ABC of Emergency Radiology is an invaluable resource for accident and emergency staff, trainee radiologists, medical students, nurses, radiographers and all medical personnel involved in the immediate care of trauma patients.
This title is also available as a mobile App from MedHand Mobile Libraries. Buy it now from iTunes, Google Play or the MedHand Store.
GET IT FREE HERE
Since its revolutionary first edition in 1983, Rosen’s Emergency Medicine set the standard for reliable, accessible, and comprehensive information to guide the clinical practice of emergency medicine. Generations of emergency medicine residents and practitioners have relied on Rosen’s as the source for current information across the spectrum of emergency medicine practice.. The 9th Edition continues this tradition of excellence, offering the unparalleled clarity and authority you’ve come to expect from the award-winning leader in the field. Throughout the text, content is now more concise, clinically relevant, and accessible than ever before – meeting the needs of today’s increasingly busy emergency medicine practitioner.
- Delivers clear, precise information, focused writing and references; relevant, concise information; and generous use of illustrations provide definitive guidance for every emergency situation.
- Offers the most immediately relevant content of any emergency medicine reference, providing diagnostic and treatment recommendations with clear indications and preferred actions.
- Presents the expertise and knowledge of a new generation of editors, who bring fresh insights and new perspectives to the table.
- Online content includes 1,200 questions and answers, as well as select video clips showing how to best perform key procedures.
- Includes more than 550 new figures, including new anatomy drawings, new graphs and algorithms, and new photos.
- Provides diligently updated content throughout, based on only the most recent and relevant medical literature.
- Provides improved organization in sections to enhance navigation and six new chapters: Airway Management for the Pediatric Patient; Procedural Sedation and Analgesia for the Pediatric Patient; Drug Therapy for the Pediatric Patient; Co-Morbid Medical Emergencies During Pregnancy; Drug Therapy in the Geriatric Patient; and Global and Humanitarian Emergency Medicine.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
GET IT FREE HERE