This book covers novel strategies and state of the art approaches for automated non-invasive systems for early prostate cancer diagnosis. Prostate cancer is the most frequently diagnosed malignancy after skin cancer and the second leading cause of cancer related male deaths in the USA after lung cancer. However, early detection of prostate cancer increases chances of patients’ survival. Generally, The CAD systems analyze the prostate images in three steps: (i) prostate segmentation; (ii) Prostate description or feature extraction; and (iii) classification of the prostate status.
- Explores all of the latest research and developments in state-of-the art imaging of the prostate from world class experts.
- Contains a comprehensive overview of 2D/3D Shape Modeling for MRI data.
- Presents a detailed examination of automated segmentation of the prostate in 3D imaging.
- Examines Computer-Aided-Diagnosis through automated techniques.
- There will be extensive references at the end of each chapter to enhance further study.
GET IT FREE HERE