GET IT FREE HERE
Enhance clinical practice with a clear understanding of nursing theory.
Access the essential information you need to understand and apply theory in practice, research, education, and administration/management. The most concise and contemporary nursing theory resource available, Theoretical Basis for Nursing , 5th Edition , clarifies the application of theory and helps you become a more confident, well-rounded nurse. This acclaimed text is extensively researched and easy to read, giving you an engaging, approachable guide to developing, analyzing, and evaluating theory in your nursing career.
- NEW Ethical Theories and Principles chapter familiarizes you with emerging trends in evidence-based, clinically ethical practice.
- NEW higher education boxes outline important connections with AACN’s “Essentials of Master’s Education” and “Essentials of Doctoral Education” to help you advance your nursing career prospects through additional education.
- Link to Practice boxes provide concrete examples of how theory guides nursing practice.
- Case Studies help you apply specific content to common scenarios encountered in everyday practice.
- Learning Activities test your understanding of key concepts.
- Chapter Summaries and Key Points recap important chapter content at a glance.
- Online Literature Assessment Activity and case studies challenge you to think critically about textbook content.
GET IT FREE HERE
‘The perfect text for any health care professional who wishes to gain a sound understanding of research…This text succeeds where others fail in terms of the thoroughness of the research process and the accessible style in which the material is presented. In an age when nursing and health care research is going from strength to strength this book offers those in the world of academia and practice an excellent and essential ‘bible’ that is a must on any bookshelf’
Dr Aisha Holloway, Lecturer Adult Health, Division of Nursing, The University of Nottingham
‘a book that helps you each step of the way. A very understandable and enjoyable publication’
Accident and Emergency Nursing Journal
‘key reference resource that students of research can use at various levels of study. It is comprehensive, user friendly and very easy to read and make sense of’
Gillian E Lang, Amazon reviewer
The sixth edition of this book reflects significant developments in nursing research in recent years, ensuring the reader is provided with the very latest information on research processes and methods. It continues to explore how to undertake research as well as evaluating and using research findings in clinical practice, in a way that is suitable for both novice researchers and those with more experience.
Divided into six sections, the chapters are ordered in a logical fashion that also allows the reader to dip in and out. The first two sections of the book provide a comprehensive background to research in nursing. The third section presents a variety of qualitative and quantitative approaches, both new and well-established. The final three sections then look at collecting and making sense of the resulting data and putting the research findings into clinical practice.
- Summarises key points at the start of each chapter to guide you through
- Includes contributions from a wide range of experts in the field
- Accessible but doesn’t shrink away from complex debates and technical issues
New to this edition:
- Accompanying website (www.wiley.com/go/gerrish)
- Ten completely new chapters including Narrative Research, Mixed Methods and Using Research in Clinical Practice
- ‘Research Example’ boxes from a wide variety of research types
GET IT FREE HERE
This text provides students with a solid foundation for understanding data analysis and specific statistical techniques. Focusing on the most current and frequently used statistical methods in today’s health care literature, the book covers essential material for a variety of program levels including in-depth courses beyond the basic statistics course. Well-organized, clear text discussions and great learning tools help students overcome the complexities and fully comprehend the concepts of this often intimidating area of study.
GET IT FREE HERE
Research Methods for Nursing and Healthcare is an essential introductory text for all nursing and healthcare students coming to research methods for the first time or those nurses and healthcare staff wishing to improve their skills in this area. The book includes comprehensive coverage of the main research methods topics, and provides guidance on how to understand and apply research techniques. Everyday nursing examples are used throughout to explain research methods concepts and their relevance to practice. Simple self-assessment tasks are included at the end of chapters; the tests can be undertaken individually, or within groups, to assess the student’s understanding of the concepts and skills being learnt. Research Methods for Nursing and Healthcare takes the fear out of research methods for all nursing and healthcare professionals.
Excellent introductory text that brings interest to research methods for student nurses.
Dr Aimee Aubeeluck, Deputy Director: Graduate Entry Nursing, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy University of Nottingham
“I think this is one of the most readable books on research I have read. Not the most scholarly, but that was not the intention. It is certainly the most user friendly book that will make the whole, often scary, subject of research less threatening.”
Paula Crick, Principal Lecturer, Faculty of Health, Staffordshire University
“I do think this is one of the most engaging texts aimed at nursing that I have read in a while… This does seem much more exciting and more importantly. ‘real world’”
Lucy Land, Senior Academic, Centre for Health and Social Care Research Faculty of Health Birmingham City University
“Useful resource for our students dissertation which can be a literature review or a research proposal”Melanie Brooke-Read, Department of Health & Social Studies, University of Bedfordshire“Excellent text book which actually takes away the ‘fear’ of research within healthcare”
Angela Cobbold, Institute of Health & Social Care, Anglia Ruskin University
“The text is very comprehensive and I found chapter 7 on action research particularly useful in supporting a student I was supervising. I also like the self assessment exercises which I intend to incorporate in my teaching strategy.”
Ms. Mulcahy, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University College Cork.
GET IT FREE HERE
Find what you need to know—fast This bestselling volume in the popular Step-Up series provides a high-yield review of medicine, ideal for preparing for clerkships or clinical rotations, shelf exams, and the USMLE Step 2. Clinical pearls, full-color illustrations, and “Quick Hits” provide essential information in an efficient, easy-to-remember manner to help you excel on your exams and succeed in the clinical setting. Also includes a 100-question practice exam to support preparation.
- Updated and revised content reflects extensive research with faculty and students.
- Figures, charts, tables, graphs, and mnemonics aid visual learners and facilitate retention of essential material.
- Enhanced high-yield outline format and Quick Hits save time and help students review more efficiently.
- 100-question practice exam helps students prepare for shelf and board.
- Succinct, outline approach keeps “extra” material to a minimum, focusing on the core content students need to know.
- Clinical pearls help students “file away” clinical connections for handy retrieval at test time and aid in the transition from basic science to clinical medicine.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms demonstrate examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints.
- Coverage includes every essential area of medicine, including body system diseases and disorders; fluids, electrolytes, and acid-base disorders; hematologic diseases and neoplasms; infectious diseases; diseases of the skin and hypersensitivity disorders; and ambulatory medicine.
- Helpful appendices cover radiographic and electrocardiogram interpretation, physical examination pearls, workup and management of common problems on the wards, basic statistics and evidence-based medicine, and end-of-life issues and informed consent.
GET IT FREE HERE
Nursing informatics (NI) is the specialty that integrates nursing science with information management and analytical sciences to identify, define, manage, and communicate data, information, knowledge, and wisdom in nursing practice. Nursing Informatics supports nurses, consumers, patients, the interprofessional healthcare team, and other stakeholders in a wide variety of roles and settings to achieve desired outcomes. This is accomplished through the use of information structures, information processes, and information technology.
An Introduction to Nursing Informatics, Evolution and Innovation, 2nd Edition is the ideal gateway to all the professional possibilities this continuously evolving discipline has to offer. Describing the evolution of nursing informatics from its origins to current practice in today’s complex, diverse healthcare environment, this book offers the next generation of nurse informaticists an understanding of the discipline, best practices, and its scope of influence in healthcare. The book also explores Nursing Informatics as it is evolving into the future, including technology creation and implementation and the development of influential policies and best practices. Special features include descriptions of the ‘a day in the life’ from informatics nurses in multiple roles and fields of influence, including academia, research, clinical settings, the executive suite, consulting, and government, as well as an Appendix featuring case profiles.
This new edition updates the content to better align with the current state of nursing informatics and expand on additional roles. New to this edition is a chapter providing tips and advice for those trying to find their first nursing informatics job or are changing their careers. Another new chapter covers healthcare analytics and how it fits into the nursing informatics role.
An Introduction to Nursing Informatics, Evolution and Innovation, 2nd Edition is the ideal resource for nursing students and as a reference guide and pint of inspiration for nurses currently in the field.
GET IT FREE HERE
Concise and easy to use, USMLE Step 2 Secrets, by prolific author Theodore X. O’Connell, MD, is an effective, high-yield review for achieving success on this high-stakes exam. Presented in the popular, time-tested Secrets® Q&A format, this bestselling USMLE review book prepares you for the broad-based diagnosis, treatment, and management questions you’ll face on the vignette-style USMLE exam.
- The proven Secrets® format gives you the most return for your time – concise, easy to read, engaging, and highly effective.
- Essential questions and answers cover the key conditions you will be expected to recognize, all specialty and subspecialty topics, and necessary clinical concepts.
- Top 100 Secrets, tips, and memory aids provide a fast overview of the secrets you must know for success in practice and on exams.
- Portable size makes it easy to carry with you for quick reference or review anywhere, anytime.
- Thoroughly updated to ensure that content reflects the current USMLE exam.
- New color images added throughout, plus numerous figures, tables, and summary boxes for visual overview of essential, board-relevant content.
GET IT FREE HERE
Selected by Doody’s as a Core Title for Critical Care Nursing in Health Science and deemed as an “Essential Purchase.”
Prepare your students for successful critical care nursing practice!
Focusing on preparing students to provide optimal care for critically ill patients and their families, this updated 11th Edition of Morton’s classic text integrates the latest research in health care and nursing education, while providing clear, concise writing; outstanding photographs and illustrations; and a holistic approach to the complexities of critical care nursing. By presenting theory and principles within the context of practical application, the authors promote critical thinking and clinical decision-making in every chapter and emphasize the patient as the center of the health care team’s efforts.
- NEW! QSEN icons signal pertinent content within the text.
- Updated Spotlight on Genetics boxes include important genetic information and summaries of selected genetic disorders.
- Updated Case Studies with Critical Thinking Questions guide students on the journey from knowledge to practical application.
- Updated Evidence-Based Practice boxes include excerpts from the latest AACN practice alerts and published research, helping readers understand the importance of research-based practice.
- Considerations for Older Patients boxes highlight the special needs of the fastest growing segment of our population.
- Patient Safety boxes guide safe and effective practice by alerting the critical care nurse to risk factors, signs and symptoms, side effects, and complications.
- Health History boxes summarize key areas to cover and relevant information that may be revealed during the health history.
- Collaborative Care Guides incorporate nursing diagnoses and emphasize outcomes and interventions based on teamwork and collaboration.
- Online student resources include short videos, animations, review questions, and much more.
- Lippincott DocuCare , a web-based educational EHR simulation software, available for purchase, further supports your students’ readiness for practice.
GET IT FREE HERE