The third edition of Clinical Audiology: An Introduction provides a comprehensive enhancement of all the introductory material available in previous editions of this stimulating textbook. Students can gain an understanding of the scope of the field of audiology and feel prepared to dive deeper into the subject as they progress through their courses. This essential book, now with even more exciting content and features, focuses on the clinical nature of audiology to familiarize students with the many challenging questions encountered by an audiologist.
This textbook is intended primarily for beginning-level students in the fields of audiology and speech-language pathology. It is intended for the first major courses in audiology, whether it be at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career as an audiologist or a speech-language pathologist, Clinical Audiology: An Introduction, Third Edition is the most comprehensive, accessible book available to provide you with the clinical understanding to advance in your chosen field.
New to the Third Edition
- New Coauthor: Virginia Ramachandran, AuD, PhD
- Two new chapters on implantable hearing technology and hearing assistive and connectivity technologies
- Updated descriptions of hearing disorders and their causes
- Expanded focus on diagnostic approach strategies
- Expanded audiological treatment section
- Updated hearing aid technology and verification approaches
- An introduction to vestibular system assessment
- Chapter objectives at the beginning of each chapter preview the concepts to be discussed.
- End of chapter discussion questions aid students in applying concepts.
- End of chapter summaries outline the key points from the chapter improve retention
- Margin notes provide key terms and definitions.
- Bolded key terms draw attention to important concepts throughout the text.
- Clinical notes describe particular techniques students might consider using.
- Comprehensive glossary and index
GET IT FREE HERE
Provides the latest neuroimaging-based evidence on the brain mechanisms of oral functions
Dental Neuroimaging: The Role of the Brain in Oral Functions provides an up-to-date overview of neuroimaging research on the neural mechanisms underlying mastication, swallowing, sensory processing, and other oral topics.
Divided into three parts, the book first introduces the theoretical framework of the brain-stomatognathic axis, clinical assessments for oral function, and neuroimaging methods. The second part presents recent neuroimaging findings of oral sensory and motor functions such as somatosensation, gustation, and orofacial pain and anxiety. The book concludes with a review of recent translational research and discussion of the application of neuroimaging in clinical management. Throughout the text, boxed sections highlight key information about cognitive neuroscience, imaging techniques, interpreting neuroimaging results, and relating research findings to clinical practice.
- Covers specific clinical applications of dental neuroimaging in geriatric dentistry and in brain plasticity and adaptation
- Summarizes classic research works in neuroscience and oral science
- Discusses potential clinical applications of neuroimaging in dental practice
- Features chapter summaries, further reading links, guided clinical scenarios, and numerous figures and tables
Offering a systematic introduction to brain science and how it relates to dental medicine, Dental Neuroimaging: The Role of the Brain in Oral Functions is essential reading for students and researchers in disciplines such as neuroscience, neuroanatomy, oral physiology, dentistry and oral healthcare, speech therapy, and oral rehabilitation.
GET IT FREE HERE
It’s alive! It’s alive! (Thanks to biochemistry, that is.)
Biochemistry is the science of the chemical processes that allow for…well…life. If it moves, breathes, eats, or sleeps, biochemistry can probably explain how. So, it stands to reason that the fundamentals of biochemistry can get a little complicated.
In Biochemistry For Dummies, you’ll explore the carbons, proteins, and cellular systems that make up the biochemical processes that create and sustain life of all kinds. Perfect for students majoring in biology, chemistry, pre-med, health-services, and other science-related fields, this book tracks a typical college-level biochemistry class. It simplifies and clarifies the subject with easy-to-follow diagrams and real-world examples. You’ll also get:
- Explorations of cell biology, carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, and other fundamental building blocks of life
- Discussions of the basic structures common to all living organisms
- Treatments of the microscopic details of life that make us all tick
If you’re looking for a hand with some of the trickier parts of biochemistry—or you just need an accessible overview of the subject—check out Biochemistry For Dummies today!
GET IT FREE HERE
Get the tools and skills you need to prepare for the NCLEX®! Often called the ‘the best NCLEX® exam review book ever,’ Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 8th Edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the most recent test plan. This new edition includes 5,200 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and online. A companion Evolve website includes thousands of questions that allow you to decide how you want to practice! Don’t make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books, because only Silvestri includes the kinds of questions that consistently test the clinical judgment skills necessary to pass today’s NCLEX exam. Even better, all answers include detailed rationales to help you learn from your answer choices and test-taking strategies with tips on how to best approach each question. Written by the most trusted name in NCLEX review, this is THE book of choice for NCLEX preparation. But don’t just take our word for it ― read any customer review or ask your classmates to see why there’s nothing else like it!
- Over 5,200 practice questions in the text and online offer ample testing practice.
- 75-question comprehensive exam covers all content areas in the book in the same percentages that they are covered on the actual NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Inclusion of all alternate item format questions covers multiple response, prioritizing [ordered response], fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration [hot spot], chart/exhibit, video, and audio questions to give students practice with mastering prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- Presents introductory chapters on preparation guidance for the NCLEX-RN, nonacademic preparation, test-taking strategies, the CAT format, and the NCLEX-RN from a new graduate’s experience.
- UNIQUE! Audio review summaries on pharmacology, fluids and electrolytes, and acid-base balance are found on the Evolve companion site.
- Expanded coverage of delegation, prioritization, and triage/disaster management in the practice questions reflect the areas of increased emphasis on the NCLEX exam.
- UNIQUE!Adetailed test-taking strategy and rationale is included for each question, offering clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option
- UNIQUE!Priority concepts call-outs highlight specific concepts related to nursing practice. Concepts have been updated to reflect the latest Giddens: Concepts for Nursing Practice text.
- UNIQUE! More Priority Nursing Action boxes communicate new and pertinent content.
- Question categories by cognitive level, client needs area, integrated process, and content area give you completely customizable exams or study sessions when using the companion Evolve site.
- UNIQUE!Pyramid Alert! boxes spotlight important nursing concepts and procedures, and include tips and shortcuts for remembering key information.
- Mnemonics included where appropriate throughout the text.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content incorporates clinical updates and reflects the latest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! Clinical Judgment Situationstest critical thinking skills and feature Next Generation NCLEX item types to assist in applying the skill of clinical judgment.
- NEW! UPDATED! Bioterrorism content includes information on nuclear radiation.
- Several NEW prioritizing questions test prioritizing skills.
- NEW! Pharmacology classifications code with practice questions helps you to focus on specific medication classes.
- NEW! Special Populations chapter focuses on nursing care of special and vulnerable populations.
- NEW! Complex Care chapter includes information on sepsis, shock, sedation, critical care nursing interventions, and more.
- NEW! Health Problem code with every practice question helps you to focus your study on particular topics.
- NEW! Anemia section added to the Oncological and Hematological Problems chapter.
- NEW! Systematic case scenario helps you focus on applying health and physical assessment concepts.
GET IT FREE HERE
Gain a clear understanding of pathophysiology and lab testing! Clinical Chemistry: Fundamentals and Laboratory Techniques prepares you for success as a medical lab technicianby simplifying complex chemistry concepts and lab essentials including immunoassays, molecular diagnostics, and quality control.A pathophysiologic approach covers diseases that are commonly diagnosed through chemical tests ― broken down by body system and category ― such as respiratory, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular conditions. Written by clinical chemistry educator Donna Larson and a team of expert contributors, this full-color book is ideal for readers who may have minimal knowledge of chemistry and are learning laboratory science for the first time.
- Full-color illustrations and design simplify complex concepts and make learning easier by highlighting important material.
- Case studies help you apply information to real-life scenarios.
- Pathophysiology and Analytes section includes information related to diseases or conditions, such as a biochemistry review, disease mechanisms, clinical correlation, and laboratory analytes and assays.
- Evolve companion website includes case studies and animations that reinforce what you’ve learned from the book.
- Laboratory Principles section covers safety, quality assurance, and other fundamentals of laboratory techniques.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter are tied to the learning objectives, helping you review and retain the material.
- Critical thinking questionsanddiscussion questions help you think about and apply key points and concepts.
- Other Aspects of Clinical Chemistry section covers therapeutic drug monitoring, toxicology, transplantation, and emergency preparedness.
- Learning objectives in each chapter help you to remember key points or to analyze and synthesize concepts in clinical chemistry.
- A list of key words Is provided at the beginning of each chapter, and these are also bolded in the text.
- Chapter summaries consist of bulleted lists and tables highlighting the most important points of each chapter.
- Aglossary at the back of the book provides a quick reference to definitions of all clinical chemistry terms.
GET IT FREE HERE
Brush up on important clinical topics and prepare for exams or recertification with this easily accessible handbook. Campbell Walsh Wein Handbook of Urology contains essential, reliable information from the same author team as Campbell Walsh Wein Urology, 12th Edition, providing practical, well-illustrated diagnosis and treatment information on a wide range of urological conditions. It’s an ideal resource for residents, practitioners, and nurse practitioners in urology who need quick access to key clinical information in a concise, easy-to-read format.
- Find information quickly and easily with a high-yield, templated format that includes numerous algorithms, tables, and figures.
- Effectively review for the boards or recertification using the self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter.
- Stay abreast of new AUA and ICI incontinence guidelines as well as up-to-date information on incontinence treatment recommendations, therapy for castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and active surveillance for prostate cancer.
- Focus on hot topics in urology including stress and mixed urinary incontinence, therapy for prolapse, overactive bladder, male subfertility and androgen deficiency, and renal cell carcinoma.
- Review the major categories of urologic diseases along with integrated content on radiology, radiation therapy, nephrology, pediatric urology, transplantation surgery, and vascular surgery.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
GET IT FREE HERE
This book emphasizes on clinical, radiological and laboratory assessment of operative surgery in common head and neck surgical procedures. It provides a systematic and rational operative approach to management in day-to-day practice. A photographic style is used, wherein high-quality photographs provide visual details to reveal each step of the procedure. This photographic content of each surgical step on patient or cadaver makes this book a valuable resource for surgical residents, fellows, junior consultants, and general surgeons who manage head and neck cases and would learn to deftly perform the procedures.
• Incorporates a unique photographic style enumerating the step-by-step surgical procedures.
• Provides a crisp and to the point approach towards common head and neck surgical management, helpful for surgery residents and trainees.
• Fills a significant gap for a text that adequately describes the wide variety of procedures performed by head and neck surgeons.
GET IT FREE HERE