The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty, 3rd edition delivers a well-researched, insiders look at the complex issues medical students face when choosing a medical specialty. Supported by first-hand knowledge, useful facts and statistics plus the authors personal experience and gut-level reports from current residents — this unique guide provides everything necessary to compare specialties and make a confident decision.
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty, 3rd edition is divided into two sections:Part 1 Planning Your Medical Career delves into the main issues surrounding the choice of your medical specialty. These twelve chapters provide everything you need to begin making this major decision from how to research each specialty to how to apply for residency. Part 2 Specialty Profiles features chapters devoted to each of the 20 major specialties. It provides important information such as the latest salary information, employment data, and match statistics.
- An insiders look at different areas of medicine — with specialty chapters written by physicians just out of residency training
- Candid and revealing descriptions of each specialty
- Profiles of the major specialties, including those to which you may have had little exposure, such as radiation oncology
- A concise, up-to-date guide to the residency application and matching process
- A chapter with valuable advice to help you maximize your success in obtaining a residency position in each field
- Updated to include alternative career paths for MDs, such as laboratory science, the military, MD/MBA, and MD/JD
GET IT FREE HERE