Global economy and its business environment, and thus the world of work, have recently been influenced by demographic and social changes, globalisation, as well as rapid development and introduction of novel, sophisticated and previously unknown technologies and new business models, especially in the context of the so-called fourth industrial revolution. These changes pose a number of challenges in terms of maintaining and improving occupational safety and health (OSH) management performance, as traditional approaches to OSH management in new working environments may no longer be effective.
In view of the above, the overall goal of this book is to present new approaches and methods for improving the effectiveness of OSH management. They are based on state-of-the-art research and are in line with the latest trends and concepts in the field. The book focuses on five thematic areas, which are discussed in respective chapters:
1) Implementing the process approach to OSH management;
2) Improving OSH management systems with fuzzy cognitive maps;
3) Implementing strategic thinking approaches in relation to OSH management;
4) Integrating OSH management within the framework of the CSR concept;
5) Enhancing OSH management processes through the use of smart digital technologies.
The methods and solutions discussed may be considered as specific “opportunities” for the improvement to be taken into account in the processes of implementing and maintaining an OSH management system in light of the requirements of the new ISO 45001 standard.
GET IT FREE HERE