Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A fast, innovative way to learn the core principles and clinical entities associated with nephrology at the point of care
A Doody’s Core Title for 2015!
Nephrology in 30 Days enables you to quickly and easily attain a complete understanding of the basics of nephrology, allowing you to successfully diagnose and manage kidney disease and its associated complications. Designed to impart this knowledge in just thirty days, this unique self-instructional tool is perfect for medical students, physician assistants, medical residents, andnephrology fellows rotating on the clinical nephrology service elective. Now in full color, Nephrology in 30 Days is the most effective way to gain a solid understanding of acute and chronic kidney diseases, disturbances of fluid and electrolyte balance, and disorders of acid-base and mineral metabolism homeostasis–in the least amount of time possible.
Updated to include the latest research and advances, including:
- New formulas for estimating glomerular filtration rate
- The role of WNK kinases in distal tubular sodium and potassium handling
- Revised hyponatremia guidelines
- The use of vaptans for clinical use
- Newly reported forms of metabolic acidosis
- The role FGF-23 and Klotho play in phosphorus homeostasis
- Concerns about the use of erythropoietic stimulating agents
- Approaches to and classification of both chronic kidney disease and acute kidney injury
- Discussion of urinalysis and urine microscopy in the evaluation of kidney disease
- New forms of tubulointerstitial disease such as immunoglobulin G4 (IgG4)-related disease
- The pathological classification of systemic lupus nephritis and other glomerular diseases
- The mechanisms and causes of essential and secondary forms of hypertension
GET IT FREE HERE