Fluids & Electrolytes Made Incredibly Easy! (Incredibly Easy! Series®) 6th Edition
Get all the basics on fluids and electrolytes, with the newest edition of the one-and-only Fluids and Electrolytes Made Incredibly Easy!
Backed by plenty of real-world examples, this popular guide is full of clear definitions, practical patient care info, and on-the-job how-to. Humor, illustrations, and a fun and easygoing style make it the most enjoyable way to absorb the science, concepts and real-world patient care skills. Gain the fluids and electrolytes knowledge and skills you need—in an incredibly easy way!
Get the lowdown on fluids and electrolytes, with. . .
• NEW! All content fully updated
• Easy-to-follow definitions for fluid-related concepts
• Science of fluids and electrolytes offered in clear terms, as they relate to patient care
• Fluid types and fluid movements in different body systems
• How hormones and other elements affect fluid balance, losses and gains
• Nurse Joy and Nurse Jake explain key concepts in clear terms, offer important care reminders, and keep it light
• Plenty of patient care examples, including common fluids-related diagnoses, appropriate patient outcomes, and basis for each recommended treatment
• Four easy sections:
o Balancing Basics – Balancing fluids; balancing electrolytes; balancing acids and bases
o Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances – Imbalances in: fluids; sodium; potassium; magnesium: calcium; phosphorus; chloride; and acids and bases
o Disorders that Cause Imbalances – Heat-related illnesses; heart failure; respiratory failure; excessive GI fluid loss; acute pancreatitis; renal failure and burns
o Treating Imbalances – IV fluid replacement; total parenteral nutrition
• Fun drawings and cartoons make skills and concepts easy to remember
• Plenty of quick-scan tables, illustrations, and flow charts offer key info
• Great refresher for new nursing grads and experienced nurses looking to renew their fluids and electrolytes knowledge
• Illustrated features in each chapter include:
o Memory joggers – Simple tricks for remembering crucial info
o Caution – Danger signs and symptoms, so you can recognize trouble right away
o It’s not working – Alternative interventions, for when patient outcomes are not what you expected o Chart smart – Critical items you need to document
o Teaching points – Clear patient-teaching tips to help your patients prevent recurrence of the problem
o Ages and stages – Common fluid and electrolyte issues to watch for in very young and elderly patients
o Just the facts – Brief outline of content at start of every chapter
o Quick Quiz – NCLEX practice questions at end of every chapter
o That’s a wrap! – Summary at end of every chapter
GET IT FREE HERE
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.