Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders, Fifth Edition is a graduate-level textbook for speech-language pathology programs that examines the diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders in children and adults. Thoroughly updated, this popular text emphasizes evidence-based practice, multidisciplinary team management, swallowing safety, nutrition, behavioral treatments, and management following surgical options. Authored by two speech-language pathologists and an otolaryngologist for a multidisciplinary approach, the Fifth Edition continues to be easy-to-understand text for students and also serves as an up-to-date reference for practicing clinicians who treat swallowing disorders in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, and private outpatient clinics.
New to the Fifth Edition
- New chapter on the aging population!
- The Anatomy and Physiology chapter has been thoroughly updated and 15 beautiful, new full color illustrations have been added
- More images and enhanced figures, including additional FEES and fluoroscopy video studies of swallowing disorders in head and neck cancer and stroke patients
- Many new references, easy-to-read tables, and treatment hints
- Information on pediatric feeding and swallowing has been updated and expanded
- Evidence-based practice methods have been updated
- Content has been edited to be more concise, applicable, and reader friendly
The text features numerous pedagogical aids to reinforce student understanding
- Case study inserts in many chapters and 9 extended case studies in the final chapter
- 32 videos
- Discussion questions and answers for each chapter
- Bolded and boxed key terms throughout with an end-of-book glossary
- Clinical tips, clinician s roles, areas of emphasis, and key learning points highlighted in boxes throughout the chapters
- 8 appendices featuring helpful tests and tools for clinicians
- NEW full clinical swallowing examination record form included in appendix
- Access to ancillary materials on a PluralPlus companion website, including instructor lecture slides, downloadable versions of the appendices, and PowerPoint flashcards
Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders Workbook, Fifth Edition
The companion workbook contains true/false, multiple-choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions, along with study topics related to each chapter of the textbook.
NOTE: This book comes with supplementary content on a PluralPlus companion website. If you purchase or rent a used copy of the printed book, the code to access the website printed inside the book may have been previously redeemed/used or be incorrect and you will not be able to use it. To guarantee access to the website, it is recommended you purchase a new copy of this book.
GET IT FREE HERE