Clinical Anaesthesia Lecture Notes provides a comprehensive introduction to the modern principles and practices of anaesthesia for medical students, trainee doctors, anaesthetic nurses and other health professionals working with anaesthetists. This fifth edition has been fully updated to reflect changes in clinical practice, guidelines, equipment and drugs.
Key features include:
• A new chapter on the roles of the anaesthetist
• Increased coverage of the peri-operative management of the overweight and obese patient, as well as an introduction to the fundamental aspects of paediatric anaesthesia
• Coverage of recent developments within the specialty, including the rapidly growing recognition of the importance of non-technical skills (NTS), and the management of some of the most common peri-operative medical emergencies
• Links to further online resources
• A companion website at www.lecturenoteseries.com/anaesthesia featuring interactive true/false questions, SAQs, and a list of further reading and resources
Full-colour diagrams, photographs, as well as learning objectives at the start of each chapter, support easy understanding of the knowledge and skills of anaesthesia, allowing confident transfer of information into clinical practice.
GET IT FREE HERE