LABORATORY TESTS AND DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES WITH NURSING DIAGNOSES, 8/e is the complete nurse’s guide to using data from today’s laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures to formulate, organize, and plan high-quality nursing care. This edition has been extensively updated to reflect the latest standards of care and the shift towards evidence-based practice, and to illuminate links between the nursing process and testing even more effectively. It introduces dozens of new tests and procedures, and offers updated information on many more, including expanded uses for many proven tests. Several new genetic tests are covered, as well as many rapid tests now available for point-of-care testing by nurses.
GET IT FREE HERE
Anatomy and Physiology for Nurses at a Glance is the perfect companion for study and revision for pre-registration nursing and healthcare students, from the publishers of the market-leading at a Glance series.
Combining superb illustrations with accessible and informative text, this book covers all the body systems and key concepts encountered from the start of the pre-registration nursing or healthcare programme, and is ideal for anyone looking for an overview of the human body. Providing a concise, visual overview of anatomy and physiology and the related biological sciences, this book will help students develop practical skills, enabling them to become caring, kind and compassionate nurses.
- Superbly illustrated, with full colour illustrations throughout
- Breaks down complex concepts in an accessible way
- Written specifically for nursing and healthcare students with all the information they need
- Includes access to a companion website with self-assessment questions for each chapter
- Available in a range of digital formats- perfect for ‘on the go’ study and revision
GET IT FREE HERE
Say hello to the perfect pocket-sized partner for Barbara Yoost and Lynne Crawford’s brand new fundamentals text: the easy-to-use Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing: Active Learning for Collaborative Practice. This new Clinical Companion features the hard-to-remember charts, graphs, numbers, and abbreviations you need to know for your first clinical experience and beyond — all in quick reference format. Its topics follow the flow of the textbook, so retrieving, reviewing, and retaining clinical facts and figures could not be easier.
Small, portable size so you can carry it with you on clinical days and also use as a reference in clinical practice.
Includes basic facts and figures you need for early clinical experience.
Content presented in tabular, list, and outline formats for easy retrieval and review of key information on adult health care.
Topics organized by unit follow the flow of the textbook.
Chapter outlines with corresponding page numbers provide quick, easy access to information.
GET IT FREE HERE
The only book featuring nursing care plans for all core clinical areas, Swearingen’s All-In-One Nursing Care Planning Resource, 4th Edition provides 100 care plans with the nursing diagnoses and interventions you need to know to care for patients in all settings. It includes care plans for medical-surgical, maternity/OB, pediatrics, and psychiatric-mental health, so you can use just one book throughout your entire nursing curriculum. This edition includes a new care plan addressing normal labor and birth, a new full-color design, new QSEN safety icons, new quick-reference color tabs, and updates reflecting the latest NANDA-I nursing diagnoses and collaborative problems. Edited by nursing expert Pamela L. Swearingen, this book is known for its clear approach, easy-to-use format, and straightforward rationales.
NANDA-I nursing diagnoses are incorporated throughout the text to keep you current with NANDA-I terminology and the latest diagnoses.
Color-coded sections for medical-surgical, maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric-mental health nursing care plans make it easier to find information quickly.
A consistent format for each care plan allows faster lookup of topics, with headings for Overview/Pathophysiology, Health Care Setting, Assessment, Diagnostic Tests, Nursing Diagnoses, Desired Outcomes, Interventions with Rationales, and Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning.
Prioritized nursing diagnoses are listed in order of importance and physiologic patient needs.
A two-column format for nursing assessments/interventions and rationales makes it easier to scan information.
Detailed rationales for each nursing intervention help you to apply concepts to specific patient situations in clinical practice.
Outcome criteria with specific timelines help you to set realistic goals for nursing outcomes and provide quality, cost-effective care.
NEW! Care plan for normal labor and birth addresses nursing care for the client experiencing normal labor and delivery.
UPDATED content is written by practicing clinicians and covers the latest clinical developments, new pharmacologic treatments, patient safety considerations, and evidence-based practice guidelines.
NEW full-color design makes the text more user friendly, and includes NEW color-coded tabs and improved cross-referencing and navigation aids for faster lookup of information.
NEW! Leaf icon highlights coverage of complementary and alternative therapies including information on over-the-counter herbal and other therapies and how these can interact with conventional medications.
GET IT FREE HERE
Infection Prevention and Control at a Glance is the perfect companion for study and revision for pre-registration nursing and healthcare students, as well as qualified nurses and medical students.
Infection prevention and control is one of the key five ‘essential skills clusters’ that is incorporated into all pre-registration nursing programmes. This highly visual and dynamic book is a thorough resource for nurses wanting to consolidate and expand their knowledge of this important part of nursing. Written by experienced infection prevention and control specialist nurses, it provides a concise and simple approach to a vast and complex subject, and equips the reader with key information in relation to various aspects of infection prevention and control practice.
- Provides a snap-shot of the application of infection prevention and control in practice and the key infections affecting patients in both acute and primary care
- A uniquely visual and accessible overview of a topic of relevance to all nursing staff
- Includes key points for clinical practice, patient management, and signposting of key national guidance documents and websites
- Available in a wide-range of digital formats – perfect for ‘on the go’ study and revision
GET IT FREE HERE
As the bestselling nursing research text, Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice, 6th Edition offers unique insights into understanding, appraising, and applying published research to evidence-based practice. It is known for its authoritative content, time-tested systematic approach, and unique research example format newly redesigned for the sixth edition to better demonstrate how the steps of the research process relate to evidence-based nursing.
“This would be excellent for student nurses, nurses new to research or any nurse with an interest in research.” Reviewed by: Helen Reeves, St Giles Walsall Hospice on behalf of Nursing Times, December 2015
- Authoritative content is written by two of the true pioneers in nursing research, who offer unique, first-hand insights into the field.
- Research examples provide practice in working with published studies, with many of the examples including Critical Appraisal and Implications for Practice sections.
- Clear, step-by-step organization introduces the research process and demonstrates how this systematic framework relates to evidence-based practice.
- Strong emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you develop skills in studying and appraising published research, so you are prepared for your role in working with research evidence.
- Critical Appraisal Guidelines boxes provide step-by-step guidance in appraising published research studies.
- Emphasis on critical appraisal versus critique reflects contemporary usage in nursing research and evidence-based practice.
- Balanced coverage of qualitative research prepares you to approach research questions and clinical questions with an unbiased view of the researcher’s methodology.
- Presentation of two different appraisal processes covers both the traditional in-depth critical appraisal process that prepares you for graduate-level work in research, and the concise, practice-focused research appraisal process that equips you for quick and accurate evaluation of the applicability of research findings to clinical practice.
- NEW! Redesigned research example format includes research examples have been thoroughly redesigned with a clear hierarchy of subcategories.
- NEW! Improved focus on need-to-know content and greater use of bulleting, creative illustrations, and tables, employs a more consistent, streamlined approach from chapter to chapter.
- NEW! Updated research examples ensure you are learning through the most clinically relevant topics and studies.
- NEW! Detailed directions on how to critically appraise research syntheses ― such as systematic reviews, meta-analyses, meta-syntheses, and mixed-methods systematic reviews ― increase your understanding of the types of research syntheses conducted in nursing and how to determine the quality of these syntheses and the relevance of their findings for practice.
- NEW! A unique emphasis on QSEN, aided by the input of a QSEN consultant, increases the book’s relevance to national curriculum standards and promotes the safe practice of nursing by using the most current research.
- NEW! Chapter on the Enhanced Literature Review provides guidelines for structure of reviews written for different purposes.
- NEW! More practically focused chapter on Outcomes Research better addresses the trending topic of outcomes research.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of mixed-methods research and translational research responds to the growing emphasis on these research emphases.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of cultural competency and cultural validity provides valuable information for providing care to diverse populations and understanding the validity of research instruments in various cultures.
- NEW! Quick-reference tools include a Brief Table of Contents, a new Levels of Knowledge illustration, and other evidence-based practice information inside the front cover. A Research Designs and Statistical Analysis Techniques Reference and a new Key to Statistical Symbols are located inside the back cover.
- NEW! Enhanced illustration program incorporates re-colorized illustrations and additional full-color illustrations in each chapter.
- NEW! Additional design enhancements include a special 1-column adaptation of the RN Design standard, table row separators, and newly designed chapter openers.
GET IT FREE HERE
- Bachelor of Nursing students
- Diploma of Nursing students
An essential resource to prepare nursing students for their clinical placements and gain the most from their experiences.
With a focus on expectations and how to think, act, feel and communicate within complex clinical environments, Clinical Placement: An essential guide for nursing students, 3rd Edition provides tips for maximising learning opportunities and practical strategies for dealing with difficult and challenging situations.
Evolve Resources: The Clinical Placement, 3rd Edition is supported by an engaging series of video interviews with nurses from a diverse range of clinical practice areas. Each nurse shares insights, advice, highlights challenges and opportunities, and assists with tips for clinical placement.
- Evolve resources include: o 12 video interviews with nurses from a range of clinical practice areas o ‘Need to know’ quick tips o ‘Challenges you may encounter’
- Other key features within the chapters include: Something to Think About, Student Experience case studies and Coaching Tips.
- Greater emphasis on cultural sensitivity, simulation as preparation for practice, patient safety, inter-professional communication and professional portfolio development
- Coaching Tips – advice on common issues
- Something to Think About – encourages students to relate theory to their own practice.
GET IT FREE HERE
Master content from your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in Basic Nursing, 7th Edition, this study guide helps you understand and apply material with chapter review questions, activities, case studies, and more!
- Chapter review questions include matching, short answer, multiple choice, and true/false questions to provide evaluation and test-taking practice.
- Skills performance checklists help you measure your mastery of important nursing procedures.
- Each chapter includes a case study with related questions allowing you to apply what you’ve learned.
- Instructions for creating and using study charts assist you in organizing the material and reviewing key concepts.
- Study group questions make it easier for you to review material with your peers.
GET IT FREE HERE
Used a few times but not many and not often. No rips, tears, scratches, pen marks or damage. Front cover is slightly open from normal wear.
GET IT FREE HERE