The 8th edition of Swanson’s Family Medicine Review continues this bestselling resource’s long tradition as the most effective review tool available! Case histories and multiple-choice questions equip you with the most current developments and information in family medicine, offering all the assistance you need to maximize your preparation for the ABFM exam.
- Stay up-to-date in the area of treatment and management with enhanced discussions throughout.
- Equips readers with the information needed to confidently prepare for the American Board of Family Medicine exam.
- Includes nearly 2,500 case-based questions and answer rationales, newly updated to reflect the most current developments in practice.
- Expert Consult eBook download included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to answer questions interactively and check your answers on any electronic platform.
- Chapter Summaries offer a quick review of the concepts―great for last-minute exam preparation.
- Open-ended Clinical Case Management Problems in each chapter provide additional opportunities for articulating your understanding of key topics.
- Features the most current information on concussion management, palliative care, pain management, and more.
- Allows you to earn up to 75 CME Credits online through Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
“As the scope of practice in family medicine is broad, this book provides a wide range of cases that a family medicine physician must understand for their daily encounters with patients… This is a worthwhile study aid for those preparing for the family medicine certification examination.”
-Vincent F Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP(Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences) Doody’s Score: 90 – 4 Stars!
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=032335632X]
GET IT FREE HERE
Find fast answers to inform your daily diagnosis and treatment decisions! Ferri’s Clinical Advisor 2021 uses the popular “5 books in 1” format to deliver vast amounts of information in a clinically relevant, user-friendly manner. This bestselling reference has been significantly updated to provide you with easy access to answers on 1,000 common medical conditions, including diseases and disorders, differential diagnoses, clinical algorithms, laboratory tests, and clinical practice guidelines―all carefully reviewed by experts in key clinical fields. Extensive algorithms, along with hundreds of new figures and tables, ensure that you stay current with today’s medical practice.
- Contains significant updates throughout, covering all aspects of current diagnosis and treatment.
- Features 27 all-new topics including chronic rhinosinusitis, subclinical brain infarction, reflux-cough syndrome, radiation pneumonitis, catatonia, end-stage renal disease, and genitourinary syndrome of menopause, among others.
- Includes new appendices covering common herbs in integrated medicine and herbal activities against pain and chronic diseases; palliative care; and preoperative evaluation.
Quick access to answers on 1,000 common medical conditions in a unique, bestselling format
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=0323713335]
GET IT FREE HERE
Provide continuous, comprehensive care of patients throughout their lifetimes with this evidence-based guide
An easy-to-use guide to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of the full range of clinical conditions seen in primary care
NEW content includes coverage of genetics and precision medicine use in family medicine, telehealth in family medicine, CTE and sports injuries, Zika, the opioid epidemic, Hepatitis C, expansion of the HIV section, veteran’s health and PTSD, and more
The leading resource for USMLE Step 3 review, board certification and maintenance or recertification
Essential for primary care trainees, practicing physicians, advanced practice nurses, and physician assistants
- Organized according to the developmental lifespan, beginning with childhood and adolescence and progressing through adulthood and senior years
- Evidence-based recommendations
- Conservative and pharmacologic therapies
- Complementary and alternative therapies when relevant
- Suggestions for collaborations with other healthcare providers
- Attention to the mental and behavioral health of patients as solitary as well as comorbid conditions
- Recognition of impact of illness on the family
- Patient education information
- End-of-life issues
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=126013489X]
GET IT FREE HERE
Designed to suit a wide range of healthcare providers, including primary care, subspecialties, and allied health, Conn’s Current Therapy has been a trusted clinical resource for more than 70 years. The 2020 edition continues this tradition of excellence with current, evidence-based treatment information presented in a concise yet in-depth format. More than 300 topics have been carefully reviewed and updated to bring you state-of-the-art information even in the most rapidly changing areas of medicine.
- Offers personal approaches from recognized leaders in the field, covering common complaints, acute diseases, and chronic illnesses along with the most current evidence-based clinical management options.
- Follows a consistent, easy-to-use format throughout, with diagnosis, therapy, drug protocols, and treatment pearls presented in quick-reference boxes and tables for point-of-care answers to common clinical questions.
- Includes new and significantly revised chapters on neurofibromatosis, autism, psoriatic arthritis, and postpartum depression.
- Features thorough updates in areas critical to primary care, including Acute Myocardial Infarction • Hypertension • Peripheral Arterial Disease • Valvular Heart Disease • Hepatitis C • Irritable Bowel Syndrome • Obsessive Compulsive Disorder • Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease • Fibromyalgia • Menopause • Travel Medicine • and more.
- Provides current drug information thoroughly reviewed by PharmDs.
- Shares the knowledge and expertise of new contributors who provide a fresh perspective in their specialties.
- Features nearly 300 images, including algorithms, anatomical illustrations, and photographs, that provide useful information for diagnosis.
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=0323711847]
GET IT FREE HERE
This ninth edition of the Textbook of Family Medicine, edited by Drs. Robert E. Rakel and David P. Rakel, remains your #1 choice for complete guidance on the principles of family medicine, primary care in the community, and all aspects of clinical practice. Ideal for both residents and practicing physicians, this medical reference book includes evidence-based, practical information to optimize patient care and prepare you for the ABFM exam. A clean, quick-reference layout makes it easy for you to put information to work immediately in your practice.
- Gain a new understanding of the patient-centered medical home and how to achieve this status in outpatient clinics.
- Make the most effective care decisions with help from “Evidence vs. Harm” icons that guide you through key treatments of common medical conditions.
- Take advantage of today’s most useful online resources with a convenient list of outstanding clinical websites.
- Quickly spot “Best Evidence Recommendations” with special boxes located throughout the text, and glean helpful tips on diagnosis and therapy from “Key Points” boxes found on every page.
- Quickly access content with an efficient new layout that includes more than 1,000 tables and full-color illustrations; treatment boxes for a concise overview of how to treat various conditions; Grade A SORT recommendations; and key points highlighting the major takeaways of each chapter.
- Take advantage of an enhanced focus on team-based care as the role of primary care providers evolves, and stay up to date on the most current practice guidelines with evidence-based information throughout.
- View 30 immersive procedural videos online from Procedures Consult, including chest tube placement, knee injection, vasectomy, vaginal tear repair, skin biopsy, colposcopy, IUD insertion, and more.
- Remain at the forefront of the field with coverage on self-care, the emergence of tobacco alternatives such as e-cigarettes, and the changing picture of cancer in America.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
The Textbook of Family Medicine continues to provide the latest, most comprehensive coverage of family medicine practice.
“This is an extremely well-written, well-produced book and a very necessary addition to a professional library.”
-Vincent F Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP (Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences) Doody Score: 93 – 4 Stars
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=0323239900]
GET IT FREE HERE
Written by experts and packed with user-friendly information and practical lifestyle advice, this is the ultimate guide for anyone interested in their health.
Knowing which health checks and tests to get when can prevent illness and problems, and even save your life. This easy-to-use guide explains all the common health tests so that you can understand and manage your wellbeing. When you’ve had a physical, how often do you understand what the results really mean for your health and your lifestyle? You’ve probably heard of good cholesterol and bad cholesterol, but what does that mean? And what can you do if you’re told your bad cholesterol is high? Why are there two figures to show your blood pressure? Is weight gain hereditary?
Be proactive in managing your health by learning more about how it is measured. Discover what factors influence medical tests, and what lifestyle changes you can make to keep fit and healthy for longer. Explore the variety of tests and screenings you may undergo at a doctor’s or workplace health assessment – find out what is tested, why it is tested, and what the results mean.
The Medical Checkup Book is the only visual guide to explain all common medical tests and what preventative measures you can take to minimize the risks and maximize your health.
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=1465489916]
GET IT FREE HERE
Highly acclaimed in its first three editions, McWhinney’s Textbook of Family Medicine is one of the seminal texts in the field. While many family medicine texts simply cover the disorders a practitioner might see in clinical practice, McWhinney’s defines the principles and practices of family medicine as a separate and distinct field of practice. The fourth edition presents six new clinical chapters of common problems in family medicine: respiratory illness, musculoskeletal pain, depression, diabetes, obesity and multimorbidity. This new edition also provides information on stewardship of resources, patient information and data, delivery of care in the home, and consultation and referral. The volume also covers continuing advances in the research base of family medicine. Readers will come away with a deeper appreciation for the role of the generalist in healthcare.
Featured as an essential purchase on Doody’s Core Titles List for 2018
“It is an outstanding treatise on primary care medicine as a way of life.” —Doody’s Health Sciences Book Review
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=0199370680]
GET IT FREE HERE
Designed for today’s busy practitioner, Taylor’s Manual of Family Medicine, 4th Edition , provides practical, expert guidance for the issues you face daily in family practice and primary care. Easy to understand and clinically useful, this trusted manual has been thoroughly updated with the latest clinical information and evidence, including electronic resources. Whether you’re a physician in a clinic, extended care, or hospital setting, or a resident or practitioner looking for a high-yield board review tool, this manual addresses the real-world issues you see most, allowing you to provide optimum care for every patient.
- Stay up to date with all-new chapters and expanded chapters on delirium, movement disorders, dementia, pregnancy loss and stillbirth, acute musculoskeletal injuries, and more.
- Get the latest practical information on commonly encountered clinical problems, including OB/GYN and childbirth, pediatrics, and mental health.
- Find what you need quickly with templated chapters that cover diagnostic criteria, clinical presentation, differential diagnosis, and screening, including physical diagnosis, laboratory findings, and imaging studies.
- Understand how to make the right diagnosis and know when to order the right test, based on common presenting symptoms.
- Use this manual to study efficiently and effectively for the ABFP certification and recertification exams. Topics follow ACGME and AAFP program requirements for residency training.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=1496300688]
GET IT FREE HERE
Designed for third and fourth-year medical students in the family medicine rotation, this title in the National Medical Series contains nearly 500 clinical vignette-based review questions, answers, and explanations. The approach of the text and series overall supports students and residents as they master large amounts of information in a short time and review specific topics quickly. The author balances rigor with clinical relevance and well-explained answers for preparedness on the boards and the wards.
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=1608315770]
GET IT FREE HERE
Formerly authored by Dr. Mark Mengel, Family Medicine: Ambulatory Care and Prevention delivers information on the most common complaints, problems, conditions, and diseases encountered by family medicine clinicians and other primary care providers who practice in an ambulatory setting. Evidence-based information and algorithms on diagnosis and treatment, including strength of recommendation ratings, is presented in a way that busy clinicians can access and implement immediately. Practical, specific treatment information, including medication dosing, side effects, and important drug interactions is included.
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=0071820736]
GET IT FREE HERE