Eureka: Endocrinology is an innovative book for medical students that fully integrates core science, clinical medicine and surgery.
The book benefits from an engaging and authoritative text, written by specialists in the field, and has several key features to help you really understand the subject:
- Chapter starter questions – to get you thinking about the topic before you start reading
- Break out boxes which contain essential key knowledge
- Clinical cases to help you understand the material in a clinical context
- Unique graphic narratives which are especially useful for visual learners
- End of chapter answers to the starter questions
- A final self-assessment chapter of Single Best Answers to really help test and reinforce your knowledge
The First Principles chapter clearly explains the key concepts, processes and structures of the endocrine system.
This is followed by the Clinical Essentials chapter which provides an overview of the symptoms and signs of endocrine disease, relevant history and examination techniques, investigations and management options.
A series of disease-based chapters give concise descriptions of all major disorders, e.g. diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism and Addison’s disease, each chapter introduced by engaging clinical cases that feature unique graphic narratives.
The Emergencies chapter covers the principles of immediate care in situations such as diabetic and adrenal crises.
An Integrated care chapter discusses strategies for the management of chronic conditions across primary and other care settings.
Finally, the Self-Assessment chapter comprises 80 multiple choice questions in clinical Single Best Answer format, to thoroughly test your understanding of the subject.
The Eureka series of books are designed to be a ‘one stop shop’: they contain all the key information you need to know to succeed in your studies and pass your exams.
GET IT FREE HERE