OSCEs for Intensive Care Medicine is a comprehensive revision resource for doctors preparing to take the Fellowship of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine (FFICM) and the European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (EDIC).
Written by a team of practicing intensive care consultants with extensive experience running a successful FFCIM course, this book features over 100 practice questions organised into eight mock OSCE exams and is mapped to both the FFCIM and CoBaTrICE curricula. Reflecting the real exams, they are divided into stations on professionalism, data, resuscitation, and equipment, each of which are accompanied by further reading to ensure high-quality self-assessment.
With hints and tips throughout to help candidates avoid common mistakes and misconceptions, this book is essential reading for any doctor preparing for the FFCIM or EDIC OSCE exams.
GET IT FREE HERE
“This book is a tremendous asset for students and residents learning to develop their diagnostic skills. It can also be useful as a refresher for established clinicians when the more common diagnoses are not the cause of a patient’s complaints.”
An engaging case-based approach to learning the diagnostic process in internal medicine
Symptom to Diagnosis, Fourth Edition teaches an evidence-based, step-by-step process for evaluating, diagnosing, and treating patients based on their clinical complaints. By applying this process clinicians will be able to recognize specific diseases and prescribe the most effective therapy.
Each chapter is built around a common patient complaint that illustrates essential concepts and provides insight into the process by which the differential diagnosis is identified. As the case progresses, clinical reasoning is explained in detail. The differential diagnosis for that particular case is summarized in tables that highlight the clinical clues and important tests for the leading diagnostic hypothesis and alternative diagnostic hypotheses. As the chapter progresses, the pertinent diseases are reviewed. Just as in real life, the case unfolds in a stepwise fashion as tests are performed and diagnoses are confirmed or refuted.
Completely updated to reflect the latest research in clinical medicine, this fourth edition is enhanced by algorithms, summary tables, questions that direct evaluation, and an examination of recently developed diagnostic tools and guidelines. Clinical pearls are featured in every chapter. Coverage for each disease includes: Textbook Presentation, Disease Highlights, Evidence-Based Diagnosis, and Treatment.
GET IT FREE HERE
Comprehensive, detailed, and up to date, Roberts and & Hedges’ Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine and Acute Care, 7th Edition, provides highly visual coverage of both common and uncommon procedures encountered in emergency medicine and acute care practice. It clearly describes the ins and outs of every procedure you’re likely to consider, such as how, why, when to, and when not to perform them, and recommends other emergency or acute care procedures that may be an option. Thoroughly revised and updated throughout, the 7th Edition remains the most well-known and trusted procedures manual in its field.
- Provides clear, detailed information for practitioners at all levels of experience, – from trainees who are unfamiliar with a specific procedure to those with experience in the technique.
- Covers the latest equipment, devices, drug therapies, and techniques you need to know for the effective practice of emergency medicine and acute care.
- Features new and updated information on ultrasound throughout the text, including Ultrasound Boxes that are expertly written and richly illustrated with photographs and clinical correlative images.
- Includes more Procedure Boxes that allow you to see entire procedures at a glance, functioning as a mini-atlas that allows you to quickly grasp how to perform a procedure.
- Contains more than 100 new figures―of more than 3,500 images total―including new color photographs, new Ultrasound Boxes, and new algorithms.
- Features a new chapter on Procedures in the Setting of Anticoagulation.
- Covers hot topics such as novel loop abscess drainage technique, ENT techniques, and ophthalmology techniques, as well as procedures performed by acute care practitioners such as sedation of the agitated patient, alternate methods of drug delivery, and common errors and complications in the acute care setting.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices. You’ll also have access to nearly 250 procedural videos.
GET IT FREE HERE
Beautifully illustrated, the new edition of Ferri’s Netter Patient Advisor, by Fred F. Ferri, MD, FACP, helps patients to understand what their illness is and to comply with recommended treatment. Designed with the end user in mind, it features over 725 printable, succinct, and highly visual patient education handouts (500 of which are in the printed book) that provide all the information patients need, in a quick and memorable manner. More than 175 new handouts address timely topics such as Bed Bugs, Childhood Nutrition, and Pneumoconiosis. Clear explanations by renowned author Dr. Fred Ferri, combined with more than 2,000 Netter and Netter-style illustrations, provide an easy understanding of each health condition and what patients can do to facilitate their own care. A companion website featuring annual regular lets you customize and print out patient instructions for all topics – including 500 in Spanish. It’s the perfect way to help your patients become informed and active partners in their healthcare management.
- Involve your patients in the treatment and management of their health. More than 2,000 Netter and Netter-style illustrations combined with clear, concise explanations from Dr. Fred F. Ferri help patients understand their illness and what they can do to facilitate treatment.
- Ensure the best patient encounters and outcomes with downloadable, customizable English and Spanish patient education guides on www.netterreference.com covering 775 topics.
- Educate your patients about timely topics such as Bed Bugs, Childhood Nutrition, Pneumoconiosis, and more. 175 new topics are new to this edition.
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=1416060383]
GET IT FREE HERE
Hutchison’s Clinical Methods, first published more than a century ago, is the classic textbook on clinical skills. It provides an outstanding source of learning and reference for undergraduate medical students and postgraduate doctors. It seeks to teach an integrated approach to clinical practice, so that new methods and investigations are grafted onto established patterns of clinical practice, rather than added on as something extra. The text is organised so that both system-related and problem-oriented chapters are included. Particular emphasis is placed on the importance of the doctor-patient relationship, the essential skills needed for clinical examination, and for planning the appropriate choice of investigations in diagnosis and management. Hutchison’s Clinical Methods is an invaluable resource for all those learning and training in medicine and is an essential adjunct to a standard textbook of medicine, surgery or other specialty.
- The book provides a comprehensive account of the traditional methods of patient history-taking and examination but is updated with a full account of the role of modern investigative techniques.
- This is a book for students of all ages and all degrees of experience.
- This established textbook of clinical methods has been thoroughly reviewed by an international group of students and trainee doctors to ensure the text concentrates on the basic principles of history and examination in all the various clinical settings which medical students need to master.
- The global perspective of the book has been enhanced with a new International Advisory Board recruited from South Asia and the Middle East.
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=0702067393]
GET IT FREE HERE
Surgical Tips & Skills, written by leading plastic and reconstructive surgeon Felix Behan, offers medical students and professional surgeons a comprehensive go-to guide for a range of surgical procedures and techniques.
• – Medical Students
• – Surgical Trainees
• – Professional Surgeons
• – Clearly structured based on competency: Basic, Intermediate and Advanced.
• – More than 100 tutorials based on real-life cases.
• – Each tutorial is chronologically structured from Introduction, Problem, Solution to Outcome.
• – Highly visual with step-by-step instructions.
Benefit from highly graphic procedural photographs and make the most of the notes section, which provides space for your own comments alongside Behan’s instructions inside this medical textbook. Enhance your hands-on learning with Surgical Tips & Skills, which explores preoperative, intraoperative, postoperative and non-operative surgical procedures in a logical step-by-step layout.
Grounded in the principles of evidence based medicine, in conjunction with the extensive experience of Behan, Surgical Tips & Skills assists you in delivering a high standard of medical surgical treatment for optimal patient outcomes.
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=0729540995]
GET IT FREE HERE
The final year Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs) test a broad range of practical skills, knowledge, examination technique and communication abilities, and can be a daunting prospect. The Easy Guide to OSCEs for Final Year Medical Students covers, in a self-assessment format, over 99 sample OSCE stations including the standard history, examination and general skills stations. This edition includes additional commonly examined cases and instruction on how to interpret a paper. With newly created colour illustrations and clinical photographs, the clear layout and easy-to-read style prepares students for the examination environment and focuses on the specific areas and responses examiners look for. The step-by-step guide provided for each OSCE station includes techniques on how to pass, what to say, what to ask for and what to do. It is an invaluable guide to all those preparing for the OSCEs.
[amazon template=iframe image&asin=1910227080]
GET IT FREE HERE