Explore this concise and clinically focused approach to the field of blood banking and transfusion therapy
The Fifth Edition of Transfusion Medicine delivers a succinct, thorough, clinically focused, practical and authoritative treatment of a full range of topics in transfusion therapy. This ranges from issues with the blood supply, recruitment of both whole blood and apheresis donors, blood collection and storage, blood testing, blood safety, and transmissible diseases. This edition has been fully updated and revised to include exciting cellular therapies for cancer, transplantation of both hematopoietic cells and solid organs, infectious diseases and regenerative medicine.
The Fifth Edition includes new authors with highly relevant content that provides a solid grounding for readers in the field. The book:
- Is an approachable comprehensive guide to the field of blood banking and transfusion medicine
- Provides complete and timely perspective on crucial topics, including the HLA system in transfusion medicine and transplantation and quality programs in blood banking and transfusion medicine
- Is extensively referenced, making it simple for readers to conduct further research on the topics of interest to them
- Includes new chapters on pediatric transfusion medicine and pathogen reduction
- Has an expended chapter on patient blood management
- Provides extensive discussions of the clinical use of blood transfusion in a wide variety of clinical situations including recent development In the management of acute traumatic blood loss
- Provides updated information about blood groups and molecular testing making inroads into clinical practice along with discussions of laboratory detection of blood groups and provision of red cells
Perfect for all those working in the field of blood banking, transfusion medicine and hematology or oncology and fellows in pathology, hematology, surgery and anesthesiology. Transfusion Medicine is a good introduction for technologists specializing in blood banking and non-medical personnel working in areas related to hematology and transfusion medicine. Transfusion Medicine will also earn a place in the libraries of practicing pathologists with responsibility for blood banks.
GET IT FREE HERE