The rapid aging of the American population and its accompanying epidemic of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease has brought about an awareness of the increasing vulnerability of our elders. Taking care of our parents and protecting them from exploitation and abuse at the hands of others can evolve into a virtual full-time occupation, especially among today’s baby boomers. The Family Guide to Preventing Elder Abuse provides a practical manual to help prepare the reader for the challenges that arise as our parents begin to lose their independence.
In each chapter of this guide, a nationally recognized expert provides specific advice regarding effective actions that can be taken in order to protect loved ones in every area of their lives. They offer practical answers to such questions as:
• What qualities should you look for in a caretaker?
• What are the pros and cons of trusts and guardianships?
• Who do you go to if you suspect abuse of any kind?
• How do you best protect your own rights so that you can preserve the rights of your loved one?
• What should you know about dealing with hospital staff when it comes to making end-of-life decisions?
The Family Guide to Preventing Elder Abuse addresses every personal, medical, financial, and legal consideration that may arise for adult children of a senior citizen.
GET IT FREE HERE