Completely revised, the 5th Edition of this authoritative reference delivers a wealth of new information that enables readers to identify, treat, and manage a full range of respiratory disorders more easily than ever. Edited and written by leaders in the field, the book covers the scientific principles of respiratory medicine; its foundations in basic anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, and immunology; and its clinical applications. It features a wealth of new chapters * coverage of new modalities in biotechnologic, genomic, and informational sciences * a new 2-color design that makes it easier and quicker to access key information * and complete references for further study.
- Master the scientific principles of respiratory medicine and its clinical applications.
- Work through differential diagnosis using detailed explanations of each disease entity.
- Learn new subjects in Pulmonary Medicine including Genetics, Ultrasound, and other key topics.
- Grasp the Key Points in each chapter.
- Covers the hottest topics in the field, including COPD guidelines and lung reduction surgery * better pharmacological control of asthma * first-line drug therapies for cancer * interstitial lung disease * thoracoscopic surgery * ARDS ventilation guidelines c and more.
- Includes 6 new chapters: Alveolar and Distal Airway Epithelial Fluid Transport * Mucus Production, Secretion, and Clearance * Pleuroscopy, Thoracoscopy, and Other Invasive Procedures * Clinical Exercise Testing * Smoking Hazards and Cessation * and Patient Education and Compliance.
- Offers a fresh editorial approach with the addition of 1 new editor.
- Features the work of 73 new authors, including international contributors.
- Incorporates 100 new full-color illustrations for a total of more than 1,250 images.
GET IT HERE