The fifth edition of this popular textbook continues to provide a solid foundation of pharmacological knowledge for all those working in anaesthesia and intensive care. The content has been thoroughly revised to include expanded chapters with clearer figures, ensuring readers are kept abreast of the ever-changing landscape of clinical pharmacology. Conveniently divided into four sections covering the basic principles of pharmacology, core drugs in anaesthetic practice, cardiovascular drugs, and other important drugs and complemented by new diagrams, tables and chemical formulae to facilitate learning. All four chapters on core drugs in anaesthetic practice have been updated along with others exploring applied pharmacokinetic models, antimicrobials, and drugs used in diabetes. An ideal aid to study and practice for junior and trainee anaesthetists and intensive care specialists preparing for exams. Also an invaluable resource for theatre practitioners, ICU nurses and physicians working in areas that demand a solid knowledge of pharmacology.
GET IT FREE HERE
Explore this concise and clinically focused approach to the field of blood banking and transfusion therapy
The Fifth Edition of Transfusion Medicine delivers a succinct, thorough, clinically focused, practical and authoritative treatment of a full range of topics in transfusion therapy. This ranges from issues with the blood supply, recruitment of both whole blood and apheresis donors, blood collection and storage, blood testing, blood safety, and transmissible diseases. This edition has been fully updated and revised to include exciting cellular therapies for cancer, transplantation of both hematopoietic cells and solid organs, infectious diseases and regenerative medicine.
The Fifth Edition includes new authors with highly relevant content that provides a solid grounding for readers in the field. The book:
- Is an approachable comprehensive guide to the field of blood banking and transfusion medicine
- Provides complete and timely perspective on crucial topics, including the HLA system in transfusion medicine and transplantation and quality programs in blood banking and transfusion medicine
- Is extensively referenced, making it simple for readers to conduct further research on the topics of interest to them
- Includes new chapters on pediatric transfusion medicine and pathogen reduction
- Has an expended chapter on patient blood management
- Provides extensive discussions of the clinical use of blood transfusion in a wide variety of clinical situations including recent development In the management of acute traumatic blood loss
- Provides updated information about blood groups and molecular testing making inroads into clinical practice along with discussions of laboratory detection of blood groups and provision of red cells
Perfect for all those working in the field of blood banking, transfusion medicine and hematology or oncology and fellows in pathology, hematology, surgery and anesthesiology. Transfusion Medicine is a good introduction for technologists specializing in blood banking and non-medical personnel working in areas related to hematology and transfusion medicine. Transfusion Medicine will also earn a place in the libraries of practicing pathologists with responsibility for blood banks.
GET IT FREE HERE
Aminoff’s Neurology and General Medicine, Sixth Edition is the standard and classic reference providing comprehensive coverage of the relationship between neurologic practice and general medicine. As neurologists are asked to consult on general medical conditions, this reference provides an authoritative tool linking general medical conditions to specific neurologic issues and disorders. This is also a valuable tool for the general practitioner seeking to understand the neurologic aspects of their medical practice.
Completely revised with new chapters covering neurologic complications of immunotherapies, headache and general medical disorders, back and neck pain in general medical disorders, swallowing and speech disorders, and neurological changes in the elderly, this new edition will again be the go-to reference for both neurologists and general practitioners.
GET IT FREE HERE
For nearly 25 years, Kaplan & Sadock’s Pocket Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Treatment has been an authoritative source of up-to-date, easy-to-find information on the full spectrum of psychiatric drug therapy. Now fully revised, the Seventh Edition of this essential guide remains the drug reference of choice for psychiatrists and other physicians, as well as psychiatric residents, medical students, clinical psychologists, psychiatric nurses, and other professionals who provide care for the mentally ill.
- Includes many new FDA-approved drugs, as well as updated information about drug selection and use that reflects both research data and clinical experience.
- Presents information in a clear, concise manner, classifying drugs according to their pharmacological activity and mechanism of action.
- Includes separate, updated chapters on nutritional supplements and herb preparations, drugs used in the treatment of obesity, and medication-induced movement disorders.
- Provides a wealth of data for each drug: chemical name; preparation and dosages; pharmacologic actions; indications for use and clinical applications; use in children, elderly persons, and pregnant and nursing women; side effects and adverse and allergic reactions; and drug-drug interactions.
- Reflects DSM-5 classification guidelines throughout.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s ), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook , powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs , supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
GET IT FREE HERE
Cancer Pharmacology: An Illustrated Manual of Anticancer Drugs provides a one-stop guide to the essential basic and clinical science of all the effective, life-prolonging drug therapies in oncology. From traditional cytotoxic agents to targeted genomic, epigenomic, hormonal, and immunotherapeutic agents, this pharmacology book covers the staggering advances in cancer pharmacology that are propelling new standards of care for common and uncommon malignancies.
Beautifully illustrated throughout, each chapter in this cancer pharmacology guide contains visually engaging figures detailing the tumor microenvironment, chemical structures of agents, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacogenomic, and molecular properties of the various agents, and their mechanisms of action. As the first illustrated book of its kind, this highly visual text uses a uniform approach to each cancer drug class and agent presented in the book, and covers alkylating agents, antimetabolites, antimitotics, epigenetic modulators, hormonal agents, targeted therapies, monoclonal antibodies, immunotherapeutic agents, and much more.
Flow diagrams, clinical tables, and bulleted text further explain important information pertaining to each cancer drug class including their indications, mechanisms of action, potential adverse reactions, dosing and dose adjustments, and safety monitoring. Organized in an easy-to-digest format and replete with detailed images, clinical pearls, and end of chapter Q&As, this evidence-based reference presents all major classes, agents, targets, and approaches to oncology pharmacotherapy.
Includes visual depictions of chemical structures, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenomics associated with each class of agents
Describes how chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy, work and why they are expected to work adjuvantly, neoadjuvantly, and in combination with other modalities
Over 135 highly stylized images and numerous comprehensive tables
Covers challenges related to drug development, drug approval and regulatory issues in relation to anticancer treatments
All chapters conclude with clinical pearls and detailed clinical Q&As with descriptive rationales
Purchase includes access to the ebook for use on most mobile devices or computers
Publisher: Springer Publishing
GET IT FREE HERE
NOW UPDATED TO DSM-5! Behavioral Science in Medicine introduces medical students to the science of human behavior. Organized to mirror the behavioral science/psychiatry course taught in the first two years, this text effectively teaches the major concepts of this complex subject and prepares students for board exams. The Second Edition is appropriate for courses in Behavioral Science alone but also for courses that merge Behavioral Science and Neuroscience. The increased depth of coverage of psychiatric illness, substance abuse, and pediatric psychiatry, also makes the Second Edition appropriate for use in Clinical Psychiatry courses in the third and fourth year.
- Chapter-opening outlines list the major topics covered
- Information presented according to the classifications and terminology of the DSM-5
- Emphasis placed on the concepts tested on Steps 1 & 2 of the USMLE
- Clinical case scenarios and USMLE-style questions with answers and explanations included for each chapter
GET IT FREE HERE
Pharmacoepidemiology originally arose from the union of the fields of clinical pharmacology and epidemiology. Pharmacoepidemiology studies the use of and the effects of medical products in large numbers of people and applies the methods of epidemiology to the content area of clinical pharmacology. This field represents the science underlying studies of the effects of medical products (such as drugs, biologicals, and devices) in real world use.
Strom’s Textbook of Pharmacoepidemiology meets the increasing need for people to be trained in the field. Designed to meet the need of students, this textbook offers an approach that focuses on the core of the discipline, providing a focused educational resource for students. The book is designed for students at all levels: upper-level undergraduates, graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and others who are learning the field. Case examples feature in most chapters, and all chapters include key points and a list of further reading.
Fully revised and updated throughout, Textbook of Pharmacoepidemiology, 3rd edition is a useful introduction and resource for students of pharmacoepidemiology, both those enrolled in formal classes and those learning in “the real world,” who will respond to the challenges that they encounter.
GET IT FREE HERE