This is the only resource designed to teach graduate-level nursing students the skills they need to be effective project managers. Using practical case examples and proven tips, the text presents step-by-step strategies for applying project management skills in varied settings and describes how to identify key concepts critical to project success. The second edition delivers new content to reflect the changing roles and responsibilities of today’s APRN and is consistent with project management concepts defined by the American Organization of Nurse Leaders (AONL) and the American Nurses Association (ANA). Case scenarios are included in each chapter to reinforce practical applications, along with critical thinking questions and activities.
The text addresses all phases of basic project management so that nursing professionals of all levels can easily apply proven processes to clinical practice. Examples and explanations of each step in the project management process are included with the added benefit of differentiating terminology used in the business operations of nursing professionals.
New to the Second Edition:
– Delivers new content to reflect roles and responsibilities of today’s APRN, nurse executive (NE), and other specialty roles that benefit from the organizing framework project management provides
– Reflects management concepts designated by the AONL and ANA Standards of Practice
– Includes case scenarios in each chapter to reinforce understanding of practical applications
– Provides critical thinking questions and activities in each chapter
– Covers quality improvement projects as they relate to the DNP project
GET IT FREE HERE