NOW in full color!
A complete case-based review of the essentials of pathophysiology – covering all major organs and systems
This trusted text introduces you to clinical medicine by reviewing the pathophysiologic basis of the signs and symptoms of 100 diseases commonly encountered in medical practice. Each chapter first describes normal function of a major organ or organ system, then turns attention to the pathology and disordered physiology, including the role of genetics, immunology, and infection in pathogenesis. Underlying disease mechanisms are described, along with their systems, signs, and symptoms, and the way these mechanisms themselves determine the most effective treatment.
This unique interweaving of physiological and pathological concepts will put you on the path towards thinking about signs and symptoms in terms of their pathologic basis, giving you an understanding of the “whys” behind both illness and treatment.
* NEW full-color presentation
* 111 case studies (22 new ones) provide an opportunity for you to test your understanding of the pathophysiology of each clinical entity discussed
* A complete chapter devoted to detailed analyses of the cases
* “Checkpoint” review questions appear throughout every chapter
* Numerous tables and diagrams encapsulate important information
* References for each chapter topic
* NEW sections in the chapters on liver disease and inflammatory rheumatic diseases and a completely rewritten chapter on male reproductive tract disorders
GET IT HERE