Emergency Medicine of the Southwest, Santa Fe, NM. A Brandon/Hill Medical List selection. Text/ reference for practitioners and residents. Stresses clinical usefulness. Includes a new section on ‘tips and techniques’ that organizes information on common emergency conditions
Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery remains one of the world’s pre-eminent medical textbooks, beloved by generations of surgeons, with lifetime sales in excess of one million copies.
Now in its 25th edition, the content has been thoroughly revised and updated while retaining its traditional strengths. Under the stewardship of the eminent editorial team, comprising two editors with experience gained over previous editions and a third editor new to this edition, and in response to reader feedback, the content has been sub-divided into parts to ensure a logical sequence and grouping of related chapters throughout while the text features enthusiastically received in the last edition have been retained. The new edition opens with sections devoted to the underlying principles of surgical practice, investigation and diagnosis, and pre-operative care. These are followed by chapters covering all aspects of surgical trauma. The remainder of the book considers each of the surgical specialties in turn, from elective orthopaedics through skin, head and neck, breast and endocrine, cardiothoracic and vascular, to abdominal and genitourinary
CENTRAL VENOUS CATHETERIZATION
CHEST TUBE INSERTION
MALE URETHRAL CATHETERIZATION
PLACEMENT OF AN ARTERIAL LINE
Netter’s Atlas of Human Anatomy is the most loved and best selling anatomy atlas in the English language. In over 540 beautifully colored and easily understood illustrations, it teaches the complete human body with unsurpassed clarity and accuracy. This new edition features 57 revised, 200 relabeled and 17 wholly new plates, drawn fully in the tradition of Frank Netter, and includes more imaging and clinical images than ever before.
- Includes uniquely informative drawings that allow you – and have allowed generations of students – to learn structures with confidence.
- Associates normal anatomy with an application of that knowledge in a clinical setting.
- Offers a strong selection of imaging to show you what is happening three dimensionally in the human body, the way you see it in practice.
- Reorganizes leader lines, to make them easier to follow and visually cleaner and unambiguous on the page.
- Includes CD-ROM with over 80 of the most important anatomy illustrations from the book to use in presentations and lectures
- Provides a comprehensive account of the traditional methods of patient history-taking and examination but updated with a full account of the role of modern investigative techniques.
- A book for students of all ages and all degrees of experience.
- The most comprehensive account of clinical methods on the market.
- Contents re-ordered into five sections: *The approach to the patient * General assessment * Basic systems * Clinical specialties * Ethics
- New editor joins the textbook – Dr Michael Glynn
- Completely new text presentation and page design
- All line drawings redrawn for improved clarity
- New chapters on: * Nutritional assessment * Diabetes and other metabolic disorders * Intensive care unit * Pain * The face, mouth, jaws and neck
This is the first book to incorporate evidence-based medicine and medication use in the treatment and prevention of disease. The succinct, easy-to-read format offers clinicians a roadmap to applying the best studies in the clinical literature to the care of their patients. Readers will find a CD-ROM with exercises and resources as well as web-based tutorials
The landmark clinical guide to the role microorganisms play in human health and illnesses -extensively revised and updated
Linking fundamental microbiology concepts with the diagnosis and treatment of clinical infections, this one-of-a-kind, portable text delivers an essential overview of the organisms and agents involved in clinical microbiology. In addition to brief descriptions of the organisms, you’ll find vital perspectives on pathogenesis, diagnostic laboratory tests, clinical findings, treatment, and epidemiology. The book’s purpose is to introduce basic clinical microbiology through the fields of bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology giving you a far-reaching, yet accessible review of the discipline that you can’t find anywhere else. Supporting this acclaimed coverage are more than 300 informative illustrations and tables, each designed to clarify and drive home important chapter concepts.
New to this Edition:
- Updates to critical topics throughout, particularly in the areas of hepatitis viruses, the HIV virus, and bacterial virulence factors
- Refreshed USMLE questions
- Revised list of microorganisms and viruses featured on the inside of the book’s covers
The premier reference on obstetrics practice for nearly a century, the new Twenty-Second Edition is the ideal text for anyone who provides maternal and fetal health care.
Now offering state-of-the-art diagnostic ultrasound images throughout, Williams Obstetrics maintains its strong, evidence-based approach. Rigorously referenced and clearly written, Williams’ hallmarks are thoroughness, scientific basis, and practical applicability for the obstetrician at the bedside. The world-renowned management guidelines and recommendations have been thoroughly updated through analysis of the scientific literature. This is the only book providing coverage sufficient for the needs of all practicing physicians and residents in board preparation and training.
New features include:
• NEW STATE-OF-THE-ART ULTRASOUND IMAGES integrated throughout for easier diagnostic confirmation
• COMPLETELY REVISED BASIC SCIENCE SECTIONS for greater usefulness in daily practice
• NEW CHAPTERS on hot topics: prior cesarean delivery; gestational trophoblastic disease; obesity; thromboembolism; and liver disease
• THOROUGHLY UPDATED CHAPTERS on evolving areas: fetal development; placental disorders; and infectious diseases
• UPDATED GUIDELINES and STANDARDS of CARE reflecting the current scope of practice
This volume aims to make learning medicine as easy as possible. It includes charts and tables, pictures and puzzles, limericks and poems, and even word searches – all complemented by a clear text. This book is a structured course in not just what to learn, but how to learn it. Assuming only basic medical knowledge, it allows you to ‘start at the beginning and go to the end’ and, in the process, develop a core knowledge and, more importantly, a technique to apply
The authority of Harrison’s, formatted for use at the point of care. When time is of the essence, and accurate answers a must, turn to Harrison’s Manual of Medicine. Culled from the most authoritative internal medicine reference in the world, this handy manual provides on-the-spot answers to the patient management questions you face daily.
This new edition is the best ever, and presents a new, easier to use format including more handy charts, tables, and algorithms giving you quicker access to:
• Etiology and epidemiology
• Must-know, clinically relevant pathophysiology
• Signs & Symptoms
• Differential Diagnosis
• Physical and Laboratory Findings
• Concise Practice Guidelines
• The most rigorously reviewed content, by the authorities you know and trust
• Great new coverage of admitting orders, essential medical procedures, critical care medicine, radiology essentials, bioterrorism, and more
Through seven editions, the CECIL REVIEW OF GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE has helped generations of residents and practitioners prepare for their certification and recertification exams. Completely revised and updated-and thoroughly cross-referenced to the new, 22nd Edition of CECIL TEXTBOOK OF MEDICINE-the New Edition of this respected review tool continues the tradition. Its many contributors-all leaders in the field-ensure that it covers the information that’s essential for success on the Internal Medicine board examination. It also provides an excellent refresher on the specialty today.
- Provides more than 1,300 revised and updated board-style questions, grouped by subspecialty exam sections, based on Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 22nd Edition-including hundreds of completely new questions.
- Offers answers and rationales for each question.
- Includes current references, suggested readings, and complete cross-references to the new edition of Cecil Textbook of Medicine.
- Features the contributions of top experts in internal medicine
With over 200 traces to test your knowledge, this book is a first class learning tool for emergency physicians. Basic student level knowledge of ECGs is assumed, so the reader can move directly to learning about the more complex traces that occur in the emergency department. The level of difficulty is stratified into two sections for:
- Specialists in training
- Specialist emergency physicians
A minimum amount of information is given beneath each trace, as if in the real situation. The full clinical description is printed in a separate section to avoid the temptation of “looking”.
Accompanied by learning points, and with the cases presented randomly, this book provides a rich source of information on the interpretation of ECGs – a core skill for all emergency department staff
More than 100,000 definitions with phonetic spelling. Stedman’s Sub-Entry Locator alphabetizes by adjective or description. Dictionary includes 22 four-color anatomical atlases, 355 illustrations and a 15-page How To Use This Dictionary section. Hard bound. 2,030 pages
The 27th edition of Stedman’s Medical Dictionary reflects the thorough revision and critical review by 44 medical consultants as well as by a team of skilled editors and expert lexicographers. Readers will note extensive updating in all specialties, but especially in the terminology of genetics, oncology, pediatrics, pulmonology, , bacteriology, and laboratory medicine. Additionally, in accordance with the nomenclature approved by the , and neuroanatomy terminology now reflects the (TA), while still retaining the Latin terms for histology and embryology. Anatomical definitions are found where readers are most likely to look — at the English translations of the Latin terms. The 27th also includes , now focused solely on terminology relevant to human medicine. Stedman’s 27th contains more than 1,050 images, many of them in color and new to the Stedman’s Dictionary, which expand and clarify the meanings of terms. Every image was reviewed by specialty consultants for clarity, scientific accuracy, and currency. Numerous tables present complicated information in schematic format to facilitate learning. There are also 64 pages of full-color anatomy and diagnostic medicine images, as well as a 32-page quick-reference anatomical atlas showcasing art from “adam.com(TM) .” A complete index containing the names of each structure accompanies these richly labeled illustrations. Brand new to the 27th edition, the “Genus Finder” speeds the search for definitions of by spelling out the genus abbreviations under the species names. Along with the new features in the 27th, readers will continue to benefit from features found in the previous edition, including, “High Profile Terms,” 131 concepts that so profoundly affect the practice of medicine that they warrant more than the standard dictionary definition: “Word Finder,” a long list of multiple-term entries in the front of the book to speed readers to the definition they seek; Cross-References, printed in blue, to point readers quickly to the preferred term where the definition appears; “ ,” highlighted to help readers build their medical vocabulary; “Precision Thumb Tabs,” which appear at the edge of every page, constantly orienting the reader in the book and speeding the search. Readers will find Stedman’s 27th more accessible, informative, and comprehensive, the perfect guide for those who wish to speak and write about health care more precisely
This clinically-orientated book shows how the electrocardiogram is used to aid the diagnosis of patients with cardiovascular disease. Each chapter begins with a brief consideration of the history and examination of the patient to assist the doctor plan how to use the ECG in the most intelligent and profitable way. The text explains the variations in the patterns of ECGs which are seen in both healthy people as well as those with cardiac problems, and illustrates the abnormalities with a comprehensive range of examples.
- A new page size and text design gives a much clearer presentation of the ECGs, allowing full traces to be presented on one page
- A new chapter on electrophysiology and electrical devices responds to the increasing occurrence of pacemakers and implanted defibrillators in patients
- The “What to do” sections at the end of chapters have been fully updated
Thoroughly revised for its Sixth Edition, Grabb and Smith’s Plastic Surgery is the only comprehensive single-volume reference on the full range of aesthetic and reconstructive procedures in plastic surgery. This world-renowned reference guides you through virtually every aesthetic and reconstructive surgical challenge, including implants; craniosynostosis syndromes; rhinoplasty; soft tissue and skeletal injuries; tendon transfer; wound care; and more. This edition features the latest clinical recommendations and procedures, including breast prosthetics, tissue expansion, flexor tendon surgery, reconstruction of the auricle and otoplasty, correction of ptosis and canthoplasty, face lifts, and more. A bonus DVD-ROM with full text and color images from the book gives you fast, convenient access to surgical procedures and guides you through new, recommended endoscopic techniques, laser procedures, and microsurgery options
With thousands of primary and secondary cases, Michael Evan Sachs has devoted his career to perfecting the art and science of rhinoplasty in general, and revision rhinoplasty in particular. Whether to improve form or function of a previous surgery – or just to ensure the best possible result the first time – this beautifully illustrated atlas has much to offer both experienced and beginning surgeons. This atlas illustrates not only how to repair problems, but also how to modify and refine basic surgical technique in order to minimize the incidence of failed procedures. Additionally, emphasis is placed on recognizing problems early. Although it is impossible for all primary rhinoplasties to turn out successfully, a large percentage of problems that lead to failed procedures can actually be identified and repaired immediately. By mastering the techniques in this book, a primary revision can be performed intraoperatively during the first procedure, thereby obviating the need for a secondary revisional surgery
You’ll learn from the acknowledged master of the field in this definitive volume. In hundreds of personal case sketches, each liberally supported with beautiful color photographs, Dr. Millard shares the wealth of knowledge garnered in an illustrious half-century career in rhinoplasty. All aspects of the procedure, from fundamental principles to special considerations to long-term follow-up, are covered in the work’s four sections: Corrective, Secondary, Congenital, and Reconstructive Rhinoplasty. Over 1,500 color photos represent the challenges and triumphs of over 50 years of cases, supplemented by some 2,300 figures that offer a close-up view of various procedural techniques and their results
With OVER 1,000 exam-type questions, this comprehensive question And answer review book, is ideal for course review as well as for USMLE Step 2 preparation. All questions have been updated and revised to follow the current USMLE Step 2. A bonus practice test is also included
Pocket-sized reference covers all pertinent aspects of gastrointestinal endoscopy. Provides discussions on informed concept, conscious sedation and monitoring, basic principles, the benign and malignant esophagus, gastrointestinal foreign bodies, lasers in endoscopy, and