Must-have expertise for today’s challenging fast-changing field! This classic reference is your place to turn for all of the guidelines you need on the diagnosis, therapy, and management of both normal and high-risk patients. Inside you’ll find state-of-the-art guidance on the challenges you face, with new chapters covering placental anatomy and physiology.
· non-invasive prenatal diagnostic techniques
· abnormal labor
· operative vaginal delivery
· cervical incompetence
· amniotic fluid disorders
· and thromboembolic disorders, plus comprehensive updates throughout.
Plus, you’ll have access to the complete contents online – fully searchable – as well as all of the illustrations for use in electronic presentations. The result is essential, practice-proven know-how you need to enhance your clinical success.
- Cover the important foundations of basic science and physiology of normal and complicated obstetrics.
- Includes evidence based information on normal obstetric practice.
- Presents in-depth information on problems encountered in clinical practice, as well as high-risk obstetrics.
- Presents the work of four new associate editors – broadening the book’s international appeal – as well as more than 20 new contributors for fresh practice perspectives.
- Offers new chapters covering placental anatomy and physiology.
- Features a new full-color format for easier reference, as well as a new appendix of normal values.
- Distills the expertise of leading contributors from the fields of maternal-fetal medicine, anesthesiology, neonatology, internal medicine, dermatology, genetics, and ethics – providing a real-life, interdisciplinary perspective.