From the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine comes the Fifth Edition of this outstanding resource. The Johns Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics is your on-the-spot reference for virtually any situation you’ll face in obstetrics, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, reproductive endocrinology, infertility, and gynecologic oncology. It’s also highly effective as a review tool for certification or recertification exams.
- Find information quickly with an easy-to-use outline format, modeled after The Washington Manual® of Medical Therapeutics.
- Stay up to date with new information on minimally invasive surgical techniques; new diagnostic tools; and recent advances in conception, infertility, genetics, and prenatal diagnosis.
- Provide more effective patient care with a newly revised primary care chapter that reflects current practice standards and a new chapter on patient safety.
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise of residents and attending physicians in obstetrics and gynecology at The Johns Hopkins University
- Trust the manual that’s been used with confidence for more than 15 years by house officers, medical students, and practitioners who deal with obstetric and gynecologic diseases and disorders.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation.
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web.
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation.
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text.
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues.
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.
This is a thorough handbook covering pertinent information in gynecology and obstetrics that is designed to be carried in the pocket and to point-of-care settings. The purpose is to provide a quick and easily accessible manual for obstetrics and gynecology issues. It is not designed for directed reading, although many chapters do a very thorough job of covering the material. The online format is nice and I appreciate that it is linked to Inkling, although the code redemption required using a different site. The intended audience is medical students and residents, although other care providers may appreciate the book. It is unique in that it depends on a lot of residents for input, which is a nice feature as it allows input from those who would benefit the most. The other authors are all credible authorities. This is a handy pocket book for the field. It is designed to be used in a triage setting or for quick location of information. Chapters such as the one on alloimmunization and hypertensive disorders of pregnancy give a concise description of the pathophysiology followed by clinical management. In fact, all chapters are heavily geared toward clinical management. More flow charts would be appreciated. The treatment section for UTIs and STIs are well done and the easy access to medication doses is appreciated. This book functions as a more comprehensive version of the “red book” — a pocket book designed for quick 5-minute digestions. This is a simple, straightforward, and well done pocket reference. The online features are nice and this will serve medical students well during their introduction to the field.
GET IT FREE HERE