This book explores the potential of hydrogels as a multiutility system and their benefits (biocompatibility, degradability, and supporting scaffolds) for a wide range of applications in diagnostics and therapeutics. It also discusses the future prospects and challenges facing hydrogels. A wide variety of smart hydrogels (conducting, stimuli responsive, and others) with possible biomedical applications are elaborated. The book demonstrates the effectiveness of hydrogels in diagnostics of diseases in various in vivo and in vitro environments and highlights the engineering/functionalization of hydrogels for everyday drug dosage as an efficient drug carrier, scaffold, and sensing application.
– Explores the potential of hydrogels as a multifunctional system and their benefits, particularly for biomedical applications in diagnostics as well as therapeutics.
– Highlights the designing and engineering of hydrogels for everyday drug dosage and possible functionalization to fabricate an efficient drug carrier.
– Examines the significance of biopolymer-based hydrogels and their responsiveness in different physiological fluids.
– Demonstrates the effectiveness of hydrogels in diagnostics of diseases in various in,vivo and in,vitro environments.
– Presents challenges associated with the hydrogels and discusses possible in-hand modifications at length.
GET IT FREE HERE