Endocrinology–with all the authority of HARRISON’S
A Doody’s Core Title for 2011!
4 STAR DOODY’S REVIEW!
“It is intended for students, residents, and fellows interested in endocrinology. It also serves as a good reference source or review book for general internists. Each chapter is written by authors recognized as authorities in the field….This well-written, easy to read book provides a thorough baseline understanding of the major subjects in endocrinology. It can be used both for review and for quick reference for a specific topic. Due to the continuous advances in our understanding of endocrine diseases and treatments, the second edition is a necessary update.”–Doody’s Review Service
Featuring the chapters on endocrinology that appear in Harrison’s principles of Internal Medicine, 17e, this compact clinical companion delivers the latest knowledge in the field, backed by the scientific rigor and reliability that have defined Harrison’s. Inside you’ll find coverage that reflects the expertise of renowned editors and contributors–presented in a carry-anywhere format that makes it ideal for the classroom, the wards, or exam/certification preparation.
- Current, thorough coverage of need-to-know endocrinology topics, including pituitary, thyroid, and adrenal disorders; reproductive endocrinology; diabetes mellitus, obesity, and lipoprotein metabolism; disorders affecting multiple endocrine systems, and disorders of bone and calcium metabolism
- Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management topics in each of the disease-oriented topics
- Helpful appendix of laboratory values of clinical importance
- 88 high-yield questions and answers drawn from Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine Self-Assessment and Board Review, 17e
- Content updates, new developments, and reference updates since the publication of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 17e
- 29 chapters written by physicians who have made seminal contributions to the body of knowledge in their areas of expertise
The Harrison’s specialty series is written by the world-renowned author team who brought you Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 17e:
GET IT HERE
By (author) J. Jameson