Gain a full understanding of the principles of biochemistry as it relates to clinical medicine
A Doody’s Core Title for 2021!
The Thirty-First Edition of Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry continues to emphasize the link between biochemistry and the understanding of disease states, disease pathology, and the practice of medicine. Featuring a full-color presentation and numerous medically relevant examples, Harper’s presents a clear, succinct review of the fundamentals of biochemistry that every student must understand in order to succeed in medical school.
All 58 chapters help you understand the medical relevance of biochemistry:
• Full-color presentation includes more than 600 illustrations
• Case studies emphasize the clinical relevance of biochemistry
• NEW CHAPTER on Biochemistry of Transition Metals addresses the importance and overall pervasiveness of transition metals
• Review Questions follow each of the eleven sections
• Boxed Objectives define the goals of each chapter
• Tables encapsulate important information
• Every chapter includes a section on the biomedical importance of a given topic
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
• Emphasis throughout on the integral relationship between biochemistry and disease, diagnostic pathology, and medical practice
• Hundreds of references to disease states throughout
• New chapter addressing the biochemical roles of transition metals
• Many updated review questions
• Frequent tables summarizing key links to disease states
• New text on cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM)
• Cover picture of the protein structure of the Zika virus, solved by cryo-EM
Applauded by medical students and online reviewers for its currency and engaging style, Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry is essential for USMLE® review and the single-best reference for learning the clinical relevance of any biochemistry topic.
GET IT FREE HERE