Designed for recently graduated RNs and nurses transitioning to a new clinical area, this extensive clinical reference is the best resource to provide essential information to nurses working on the med–unit. Concise and practical entries provide fundamental coverage of the most common clinical problems and issues encountered in nursing practice today.
Alphabetized for easy access, each entry includes a definition and description of the clinical problem; etiology; clinical aspects, such as assessment, nursing interventions, management, and implications; and outcomes.
Each entry focuses on the role of the nurse throughout the treatment process, and discusses the role of other healthcare providers with a focus on multidisciplinary treatment. Handbook of Clinical Nursing: Medical–Surgical Nursing will be of value to nursing faculty, undergraduate and graduate-level nurses, and nursing students at all levels.
Entries from this text have been selected from the larger resource, A Guide to Mastery in Clinical Nursing: The Comprehensive Reference.
– Provides essential information on clinical topics pertinent to nurses working in med–surg units
– Offers key knowledge for nurses new to practice or working in an unfamiliar nursing area
– Presented in a consistent format for ease of use
– Includes an overview of each specialty area
– Focuses on the role of the nurse throughout the treatment process
– Written and edited by expert clinicians and educators
GET IT FREE ERE