Significantly revised and updated, the new 8th edition of this bestselling manual provides the latest recommendations on quality care of pregnant women, their fetuses, and their newborn infants.
Jointly developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), this unique resource addresses the full spectrum of perinatal medicine from both the obstetric and pediatric standpoints.
New in the 8th editon:
- New section on suggested levels of maternal care from birth centers to Level IV institutions
- New sections on screening for preterm delivery risk added to chapter on antepartum care
- New topics covered include the timing of cord clamping, the need (or not) for bedrest, and updates in hypertension
- Guidance regarding postpartum contraception recommendations has been expanded
- New section on mosquito-borne illnesses (including Zika)
- New section on infections with high-risk infection control issues
- Updated recommendations on neonatal resuscitation, screening and management of hyperbilirubinemia, and neonatal drug withdrawal.
GET IT FREE HERE