Effective new treatments from drugs to surgery to devices are revolutionizing both outcome and wellbeing in patients with heart failure. Written with the non-specialist in mind, this practical resource distills a lot of complex information into a refreshingly readable format, with clear informative diagrams and useful pull-out tables. Highlights include:
– a concise discussion of the pathophysiological mechanisms that lead to heart failure
– a detailed review of the causes and comorbidities of heart failure
– simple advice on diagnosis and investigation
– clear management principles, including healthy lifestyle choices for patients
– evidence-based guidance on first- and second-line drug therapies and medical management that targets the underlying cause
– a comprehensive overview of non-pharmacological treatment options, including devices and transplantation
– important information on palliative care in end-stage heart failure.
Fast Facts: Heart Failure is the ideal resource for primary care providers, specialist nurses and cardiology trainees, and a good introduction to heart failure for all healthcare professionals who care for the elderly.
GET IT FREE HERE