This convenient and easy-to-use orientation reference and care guide provides new neonatal nurses and their preceptors with the core information they need to provide all aspects of safe, effective, holistic care to newborn infants and their families. Addressing the needs of both low-risk and high-risk infants, the guide presents specific, evidence-based interventions in consistently formatted chapters. A special “orientation guide” is featured in each chapter to acquaint the new neonatal nurse with essential information on procedures, policies, equipment, medications, and evidence-based protocols.
Content is divided into key topic areas including physiological adaptations to birth, newborn assessment and basic newborn care, newborn nutrition, common and high-risk neonatal conditions, special topics, and information based on a family-centered care model that addresses parent assessments, needs, and discharge instructions. Features such as Fast Facts in a Nutshell and tables with easy-to-read lab values and data reinforce information. Chapter objectives highlight procedures and policies to know as well as needed equipment, supplies, medications, and evidence-based protocols. Appendices include skills checklist, commonly used medications, abbreviations, and lab values. Pocket-sized and providing essential information at a glance, Fast Facts for the Neonatal Nurse is a useful guide to ensuring the highest quality of care for newborn infants and their families.
– Provides essential information for new neonatal nurses and their preceptors in concise, consistent, easy-to-use format
– Encompasses all aspects of effective, evidence-based, holistic care in all practice settings
– Includes a special “orientation guide” and “Fast Facts in a Nutshell” in each chapter
– Offers practice-relevant information for quick retrieval
– Highlights Health Promotion and Discharge Teaching
GET IT FREE HERE