Evidence-Based Practice of Critical Care, 2nd Edition, presents objective data and expert guidance on managing critically ill patients in unique question-based chapters that focus on best practices. Now thoroughly updated by Drs. Clifford S. Deutschman, Patrick J. Neligan, and nearly 200 critical-care experts, this highly regarded title remains the only book of its kind that provides a comprehensive framework for translating evidence into practice, making it a valuable resource for both residents and practitioners.
- Tap into the expertise of nearly 200 critical-care experts who discuss the wide variety of clinical options in critical care, examine the relevant research, and provide recommendations based on a thorough analysis of available evidence.
- Think through each question in a logical, efficient manner, using a practical, consistent approach to available management options and guidelines.
- Find the information you need quickly with tables that summarize the available literature and recommended clinical approaches.
- Navigate a full range of challenges from routine care to complicated and special situations.
- Stay up to date with new issues and controversies such as the redefinition of sepsis • changing approaches to fluid administration • immune suppression in sepsis • monitoring the microcirculation • the long-term sequelae of critical illness • minimizing ventilator associated lung injury • the benefits of evidence-based medicine management guidelines • rapid response teams • and more.
- Benefit from all-new sections covering persistent critical illness and the role of advanced practice nurses and physician assistants in the ICU.
GET IT FREE HERE