The latest 20th Edition of Davidson’s Principles & Practice of Medicine won the award for a New Edition of an Edited Textbook at the Royal Society of Medicine and Society of Authors 2007 Medical Book Awards. The award citation described the book as “Beautifully constructed with superb clarity of style – Davidson’s continues to provide for students, doctors and other health professionals a sound basis for the practice of medicine.”
This internationally famous and best-selling textbook of general (or internal) medicine is renowned for providing a rational and easily understood basis for the practice of clinical medicine. Since it was first published this comprehensive text has met the requirements of several generations of medical students preparing for their examinations, while serving as a valuable reference for doctors in training. Rather than page after page of dense text, this reference makes finding information a snap by featuring lavish, colorful visual information. Extensive tables, crib boxes, MRI images, and x-ray films accompany each chapter’s succinct discussions. The book’s clear organization and color-coded chapters make it simple to find just the information you need, when you need it.
- Readers have full online access to the whole book, along with 750 new self-testing questions whose answers are linked to the online text
- Each system-based chapter begins with an overview of the key elements in the clinical examination
- A practical, problem-based clinical approach is described in the ‘Presenting Problems’ sections, to complement the detailed descriptions of each disease
- Over 150 evidence-based medicine boxes summarise the results of systematic reviews and randomised controlled trials in key therapeutic areas
- ‘In Old Age’ boxes highlight important spects of medical practice in the older population
- Covers ethics and communication skills as well as the role of complementary and alternative therapies in medicine.
- Contains a new chapter on ‘Molecular and genetic mechanisms of disease’ which reviews the basics of genetics, molecular biology, and cellular biology.
- Splits Infectious diseases chapter into four shorter and more focused chapters: “Principles of Infectious disease’” covering principles of infection, prevention and management; “Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine”; “HIV/AIDS”; and “Sexually transmitted diseases“.
GET IT HERE