With new and updated questions based on Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology 12th Edition content, this comprehensive review covers all the core material you need to know for board exam preparation and MOC exams. From basic science underpinnings to the most recent developments in medical and surgical care, more than 3,000 questions with detailed answers help you master the most important elements in urology. The high-yield, bulleted format and identical chapter structure as the parent text are designed for efficient, effective, targeted review―providing exactly the information you need for exam success.
- Keeps you up to date with key topics covered in Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology 12th Edition, such as minimally invasive and robotic surgery; advancements in urologic oncology, including innovative therapeutics for personalized medicine; new approaches to male infertility; technological advances for the treatment of stones; advances in imaging modalities., and much more.
- Covers new material on urinary tract imaging, complications of urologic surgery, urologic considerations in pregnancy, urologic considerations in transgender individuals, and more.
- Provides more than 3,000 multiple-choice questions and detailed answers, including highlighted “must-know” points in the answer explanations.
- Includes additional study points at the end of each chapter, as well as new pathology and imaging sections (with review questions) in relevant chapters.
- Features interactive questions, self-assessment tools, an extensive image bank, and more on Expert Consult.
- Helps you prepare for the written boards and MOC exams with confidence! This reliable, efficient review tool is written by the same team that has made Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology the preeminent text in the field.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
The core urology material you need to know for successful exam preparation
GET IT FREE HERE
From the basic science underpinnings to the most recent developments in medical and surgical care, Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology offers a depth and breadth of coverage you won’t find in any other urology reference. Now in three manageable volumes, the revised 12th Edition is a must-have text for students, residents, and seasoned practitioners, with authoritative, up-to-date content in an intuitively organized, easy-to-read format featuring key points, quick-reference tables, and handy algorithms throughout.
- Features shorter, more practical chapters that help you find key information quickly.
- Includes new chapters on Urinary Tract Imaging: Basic Principles of Nuclear Medicine · Ethics and Informed Consent · Incisions and Access · Complications of Urologic Surgery · Urologic Considerations in Pregnancy · Intraoperative Consultation · Special Urologic Considerations in Transgender Individuals · and more.
- Covers hot topics such as minimally invasive and robotic surgery; advancements in urologic oncology, including innovative therapeutics for personalized medicine; new approaches to male infertility; technological advances for the treatment of stones; and advances in imaging modalities.
- Incorporates current AUA/EAU guidelines in each chapter as appropriate
- Updates all chapters with new content, new advances, and current references and best practices. Extensively updated chapters include Urological Immunotherapy, Minimally Invasive Urinary Diversion, and Updated Focal Therapy for Prostate Cancer.
- Features more than 175 video clips, including all-new videos on perineal ultrasound, abdominoplasty in prune belly syndrome, partial penectomy, low dose rate brachytherapy, and many more.
- Written and edited by key opinion leaders, reflecting essential changes and controversies in the field.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
The bible and encyclopedia of Urology is here for its 12th edition! Campbell Walsh Wein Urology is the required reading for all Urology residents and the only reference of its kind for this specialty. Within its 3 volumes, this reference covers everything from the basic science underpinnings to the most recent developments in clinical and surgical care.
What is Campbell Walsh Wein Urology’s recognized key features?
- Chapter outlines to provide overview of points covered
- Key points throughout make the text easy to read
- Highlighted text is linked to the questions in the Review Book
- Tables, boxes, and algorithms throughout to facilitate quick referencing
- Complete references online with core “suggested reading” printed in the book
- 175+ video clips including all-new videos on perineal ultrasound, abdominoplasty in prune belly syndrome, partial penectomy, low dose rate brachytherapy, and many more
Internationally lauded as the preeminent text in the field, Campbell Walsh Wein Urology continues to offer the most comprehensive coverage of every aspect of urology. Perfect for urologists, residents, and practicing physicians alike, this edition highlights all of the essential concepts necessary for every stage of your career, from anatomy and physiology through the latest diagnostic approaches and medical and surgical treatments.
GET IT FREE HERE
Under the leadership of Lawrence L. Yeung, MD, with contributions from 27 leading urologists, Choe’s Urology contains the most up-to-date content to prepare candidates for the oral exam and to teach residents during their training.
Whether preparing to take the American Board of Urology oral exam or using clinical cases to highlight important diagnosis and treatment issues, Choe’s Urology is the proven resource for learning and retention.
The fourth edition includes 95 updated new cases in over 450 pages with systematic analysis to help you prepare for the Oral Board. Cases are presented in a similar style to the actual oral examination format.
You benefit by reviewing the full range of cases prepared in a responsive format for most effective learning.
Particularly helpful to urologists using Choe’s is the structure of the cases. Study points use effective prompts to elicit key information in a logical way. Each prompt is followed by a detailed response in easy-to-retain outline format. For example, urologists answer:
» How does the condition present?
» How does the condition originate?
» What lab tests are appropriate?
» What are the treatment recommendations?
» What are the systemic symptoms?
» What surgical techniques do you use?
» What are the complications?
» What is your follow-up?
Here is what other urologists are saying about Choe’s Urology Oral Board Self-Assessment:
“It was most helpful for the Oral Boards. Most helpful of all the books I used.”
“Choe’s was a godsend. As someone who failed the exam in the past, I can attest to the tremendous difference it makes in terms of topics to concentrate on when studying.”
“The book is very well done and very helpful concise and easy to read.”
Get the best results and make the most efficient use of your time. Put Choe’s to work for you.
GET IT FREE HERE
Adolescent Urology and Long-Term Outcomes provides urologists and pediatric urologists with a comprehensive and expert clinical guide to the main urologic problems that can occur during adolescence.
Fully covering disorders related to sex and genital development, the kidney, bladder, ureta and urethra, Professor Woodhouse, a world-leading expert and global pioneer in this field systematically outlines the best clinical practice in the surgical and medical management of these complex and extremely challenging conditions, as well covering the long-term outcome for the patient.
Given the sensitive nature of these problems and their effect on adolescent patients, attention is paid to the psychological aspect of such disorders: especially how best to manage patients struggling to come to terms with what are very personal and complex issues at what is often a difficult and turbulent period of their life.
Well-illustrated with over 120 figures including step-by-step surgical diagrams throughout, chapters will also include a unique “voice of the experts” feature – a running dialogue between leading experts and Prof Woodhouse on the topic in question.
This modern, expert guide to adolescent urologic problems from one of the leading names in the field will be an essential tool for modern-day urologists and urologic surgeons, especially those specialising in pediatric patients, as well as pediatricians and endocrinologists.
GET IT FREE HERE
Written by recognized experts in this fast-changing field, this highly practical text by Drs. Jay T. Bishoff, Louis R. Kavoussi, and David A. Leavitt has been completely revised and greatly expanded to cover what you need to know about today’s laparoscopic and robotic technology and techniques. Atlas of Laparoscopic and Robotic Urologic Surgery is a concise, thorough, superbly illustrated reference, perfect for learning new techniques or briefly reviewing before a case. You’ll be guided through today’s best minimally invasive approaches using new surgical systems and equipment, including third- and fourth-generation robotic devices. More than three hours of video instruction, step-by-step illustrations, tips and tricks, and information on complications helps you sharpen your skills in this high-demand area.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Twenty brand-new chapters on camera and lens systems, instrumentation, the da Vinci surgical system, pyelo/ureterolithotomy, robotic-assisted and laparoscopic simple prostatectomy, and more.
- Completely revised and updated chapters on laparoscopic partial nephrectomy and endoscopic inguinal lymph node dissection for penile cancer.
- More than 30 high-quality videos online (24 are brand new), including robotic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection, robotic assisted kidney transplantation, robotic simple prostatectomy, robotic cystectomy and robotic neobladder evolution, laparoscopic partial adrenalectomy, and many more.
- Cutting-edge topics including matured techniques for nephron sparing surgery, state-of-the-art nerve sparing for radical robotic prostatectomy, innovative approaches to treat ureteral strictures, up-to-date surgical care of malignancies, and novel pediatric surgeries.
“This seminal atlas is a strong addition to the urologic literature. Urologists, trainees, and, especially, budding laparoscopic/robotic surgeons will find this not only educational, but also exciting. Whether accessed in the library or on the train, the atlas’s strongest attributes are its organization and its availability in print and digital formats for the urologist on the go.”
– Daniel P Verges, MD (Thomas Jefferson University) Doody’s Score: 97 – 5 Stars!
Increase your knowledge and skills with today’s best minimally invasive approaches in urologic surgery
GET IT FREE HERE
This book fulfils the need for a general urology text primarily urologists in training. It has a novel format by having a clinical chapter always preceded by a scientific foundation chapter. The scientific chapter is geared toward answering questions for boards and understanding pathophysiology, is concise and relevant. The clinical chapter is written around evidence-based medicine and in “how-to” format with algorithms, with reference to AUA & EAU guidelines, well illustrated.
From the Back Cover
This updated volume provides a concise evidence based overview of the field of contemporary urological practice. There are new chapters covering urologic imaging, the upper tract urothelial carcinoma, the treatment of adult male hormonal disorders, the management of urethral stricture disease, and the treatment of renal cancer. The anatomy and physiology of the urinary tract, the basis and principles for development of urologic diseases, and the evaluation and management of urologic diseases are also covered.
Urologic Principles and Practice is relevant for practicing urologists, urology trainees, allied health professionals, medical students, and researchers.
GET IT FREE HERE
The fourth edition of the Oxford Handbook of Urology has been fully updated to reflect the significant advances in medical and surgical opportunities since the previous edition, including pelvic laparoscopic and robotic surgery, new drugs in incontinence and male sexual health, and new laser devices for prostate surgery. Guidelines from the European Association of Urology, the American Association of Urology, and the British Association of Urology, as well as NICE, have all been updated to reflect the best evidence-based clinical practice.
Featuring both additional and expanded topics, the new edition is up to date for use in everyday urological clinical practice, and now includes recent urological controversies such as the use of vaginal mesh, to offer the newest guidance to help with doctors’ consultations with the patient.
The handbook is a comprehensive and concise resource, spanning the whole field of urology in an easily digestible format, including the basics of patient assessment and investigations. Providing bite-sized topics with easily navigable sections and summary diagrams and photographs, it is a key source for quick reference during clinical duties in clinics, theatre, and A&E settings, whilst providing enough information for urology doctors taking the FRCS exam. The authors have a wide range of subspecialist interests, and have welcomed a brand new co-author to ensure coverage of the needs of junior doctors. The Oxford Handbook of Urology is an invaluable resource for junior urology doctors, A&E and general surgery doctors, urology ward and theatre nurses, and medical students.
“You have to hand it to Oxford University Press, they continue to relentlessly churn out superb books in their outstanding Oxford Medical Handbooks series and this book is no exception. Like many of its siblings in this series, it is more than just a simple handbook. This is a very good textbook of urology ideal for both trainees and generalists within the speciality as well as primary care personnel.” — Dr Harry Brown MBChB, Glycosmedia
GET IT FREE HERE