This volume provides information on how to select and screen plants for their medicinal properties. It describes phytopharmacological techniques for extracting and qualitatively and quantitatively analyzing a plant’s phytochemicals. After a detailed in vitro investigation including nutritional and anti-nutritional analyses, medicinal properties were tested with various in vivo models for anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-pyretic, anticancer and anti-diabetic properties, as well as wound healing, neurodegenerative diseases, etc. Compound identification and purification techniques include, among others, TLC and column chromatography, as well as molecular docking with specific proteins.
GET IT FREE HERE
This text provides a straightforward explanation of the essential pharmacoeconomics topics outlined by The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). It defines terminology used in research and covers the application of economic-based evaluation methods to pharmaceutical products and services, making it perfect for the student or practitioner who is unfamiliar with “pharmacoeconomics.”
Readers will find examples of how pharmacoeconomic evaluations relate to decisions that affect patient care and health-related quality of life. Understanding these principles will help you assess published research aimed at improving clinical and humanistic outcomes based on available resources.
You’ll Find These Helpful Features Inside—
· Composite research articles that include the positives and negatives found in published research which will help you learn to evaluate literature and to interpret and determine the usefulness of pharmacoeconomic research articles.
· Composite worksheets increase your comprehension of just-read articles.
· Examples provide and reinforce relevant illustrations of chapter content.
· Questions/Exercises at the end of each chapter assess your understanding of the key concepts.
· Common Equations that are critical to the subject are presented, with multiple example calculations that clearly demonstrate the use of these equations.
Bonus Features via thePoint include:
· Immediate access to an image bank of figures and tables from the text
· Sample worksheets for critiquing research articles.
GET IT FREE HERE
Manage cardiovascular problems more effectively with the most comprehensive resource available! A trusted companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Therapeutics, 4th Edition addresses pharmacological, interventional, and surgical management approaches for each type of cardiovascular disease. This practical and clinically focused cardiology reference offers a balanced, complete approach to all of the usual and unusual areas of cardiovascular disease and specific therapies in one concise volume, equipping you to make the best choices for every patient.
- Understand current approaches to treating and managing cardiovascular patients for long-term health, for complex problems, and for unusual cardiac events.
- Benefit from the substantial experience of Elliott M. Antman, MD, Marc S. Sabatine, MD, and a host of other respected authorities, who provide practical, evidence-based rationales for all of today’s clinical therapies.
- Expand your knowledge beyond pharmacologic interventions with complete coverage of the most effective interventional and device therapies being used today.
- Easily reference Braunwald’s Heart Disease, 9th Edition for further information on topics of interest.
- Make the best use of the latest genetic and molecular therapies as well as advanced therapies for heart failure.
- Cut right to the answers you need with an enhanced focus on clinically relevant information and a decreased emphasis on pathophysiology.
- Stay current with ACC/AHA/ESC guidelines and the best ways to implement them in clinical practice.
- Get an enhanced visual perspective with an all-new, full-color design throughout.
“This multi-author book contains comprehensive information on cardiovascular therapeutics, a rapidly changing field. Dr Antman is to be congratulated for bringing together 112 experts in their respective fields who collectively contribute 55 chapters. All aspects of cardiovascular therapeutics are covered.” ― Circulation
“Chapters deal with a specific diagnosis and provide a comprehensive discussion of options for management including drugs, interventions, and surgery. The studies that provide evidence for each treatment option are presented and complex concepts are communicated effectively with the use of charts, diagrams, and graphics.
This will be an invaluable tool for those interested in the management of cardiovascular disease.”- Geoffrey Lewis, MD (Ochsner Clinic Foundation) Doody Rating!
GET IT FREE HERE
This edited book, is a collection of 25 chapters describing the recent advancements in the application of microbial technology in the food and pharmacology sector.
The main focus of this book is application of microbes, food preservation techniques utilizing microbes, probiotics, seaweeds, algae, enzymatic abatement of urethane in fermentation of beverages, bioethanol production, pesticides, probiotic biosurfactants, drought tolerance, synthesis of application of oncolytic viruses in cancer treatment, microbe based metallic nanoparticles, agro chemicals, endophytes, metabolites, antibiotics etc. This book highlighted the significant aspects of the vast subject area of microbial biotechnology and their potential applications in food and pharmacology with various topics from eminent experts around the World. This book would serve as an excellent reference book for researchers and students in the Food Science, Food Biotechnology, Microbiology and Pharmaceutical fields.
GET IT FREE HERE
This book describes classical and potential PET radiopharmaceuticals (PET-RPs) which can provide high-resolution 5D images in-vivo to simultaneously diagnose and treat the patient. This novel (theranostic) approach avoids futile therapies, unnecessary radiation exposure, and saves a lot of time, money, and energy.
The most significant challenge is to properly build Cyclotron & PET RPs labs. Existing books offer insufficient knowledge to accomplish the full potential of these highly specialized, expansive, and sophisticated labs, demanding in-depth knowledge, confidence, cooperation, a mutual understanding, adjustment, time management, team effort, patience, resilience, and dedication.
A systematic approach is provided to integrate Cyclotron and PET-RPS labs, run the cyclotron properly, resolve technical problems efficiently, and maintain quality control (QC) without being exposed to an unnecessary radiation hazard due to repetitive run failure, innocence, ignorance, negligence, misconception, misunderstanding, and/or overconfidence. Described QC experiments can be globally reproduced in other labs.
The contents provided are thought-provoking and motivate cyclotron engineers, basic scientists, radiopharmaceutical scientists, radiopharmacists, and physicians to develop novel PET-RPs in this challenging the era of Nanotheranostics.
The most recent knowledge of potential PET-RPs in the early theranostics of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, drug addiction, obesity, neurobehavioral disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, and chronic inflammatory illnesses is provided with currently limited treatment options.
This unique, informative, and timely released book will act as a helpful guide; it is an applied textbook for basic biomedical students, scientists, researchers, teachers, doctors, administrators, and affiliated staff involved in current and future development of novel PET-RPs to accomplish personalized theranostics.
“This book is a thoroughly compiled addition to the existing literature in the field of radiopharmaceuticals, their quality control and personalized theranostics in various disease conditions. It will serve as a reference book for both basic scientists and clinicians as well as for the new comers in this field undergoing training. PET imaging is a very specialized and technologically advanced area that provides spatiotemporal information and significantly contributes to decision making in complex disease conditions like cancer, brain disorders and cardiovascular problems. Author of this book, Professor Sushil K. Sharma, an expert in the field of neurosciences and medical radiopharmaceutical technology has shared his own personal experience, elaborated findings of others and given a lucid account of fundamentals of PET radiopharmaceuticals and their applications to both basic and clinical research.” – Vijay L. Kumar, Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
GET IT FREE HERE
– the context of alcohol and drug misuse, and the nature and theories of addiction, including a historical overview and policy initiatives in contemporary society
– an overview of the problems associated with psychoactive substances and their impact on groups such as culturally and linguistically diverse communities, young people, women, older people and the homeless
– an understanding of the generic role responses to substance misuse in a variety of different settings and contexts, including primary care, the community and hospitals
– a framework for assessment, care planning, harm reduction approaches, dealing with overdose, intoxication and withdrawals, and psychological and pharmacological interventions
– an accessible and skills-oriented approach to assist students and practitioners in dealing with alcohol and drug misuse.
This new edition is fully updated and includes new material on: evidence-based pharmacological interventions; recent global strategies in alcohol and drug; dual diagnosis and women; shisha smoking; and current statistics on prevalence of alcohol and drug misuse.
Alcohol and Drug Misuse takes into account current policy and practice for substance use and misuse and includes a range of pedagogical features to enhance learning. It is essential reading for nursing, health and social work students taking substance misuse modules, as well as related CPD courses for health and social care professionals.
GET IT FREE HERE
Now in its 12th edition in its native German, Voigt’s Pharmaceutical Technology is an interdisciplinary textbook covering the fundamental principles of pharmaceutical technology. Available for the first time in English, this edition is produced in full colour throughout, with a concise, clear structure developed after consultation with students, instructors and researchers. This book:
– Features clear chapter layouts and easily digestible content
– Presents novel trends, devices and processes
– Discusses classical and modern manufacturing processes
– Covers all formulation principles including tablets, ointments, capsules, nanosystems and biopharmaceutics
– Takes account of legal requirements for both qualitative and quantitative composition
– Addresses quality assurance considerations
– Uniquely relates contrasting international pharmacopeia from EU, US and Japan to formulation principles
– Includes examples and text boxes for quicker data assimilation
Written for both students studying pharmacy and industry professionals in the field as well as toxicologists, biochemists, medical lab technicians, Voigt’s Pharmaceutical Technology is the essential resource for understanding the various aspects of pharmaceutical technology.
GET IT FREE HERE
Fully updated, BMA New Guide to Medicine & Drugs provides expert advice on commonly used drugs, from antibiotics to statins and anticancer drugs to painkillers. Jargon-free and easy-to-follow, get all the vital information you need on more than 2,500 of today’s prescription and over-the-counter drugs fast.
Find advice on understanding and using medicines and learn how they work, what they treat, their risks, benefits, side effects, and how to use them safely and effectively. Plus, get detailed full-page profiles of 276 commonly used medicines and information about drugs new to the market.
Now in its 9th edition, the BMA New Guide to Medicine & Drugs offers essential guidance for anyone taking medication or wanting to know more about the major drugs used in medical practice. It is perfect for the family bookshelf and for healthcare professionals.
GET IT FREE HERE