The NCLEX-RN exam is not just about what you know—it’s about how you think. Kaplan’s NCLEX-RN Prep 2019 uses expert critical thinking strategies and targeted sample questions to help you put your expertise into practice and ace the exam!
The NCLEX-RN exam tests how you’ll apply the medical knowledge you’ve gained in real-life situations. In NCLEX-RN Prep 2019, Kaplan’s all-star nursing faculty teaches you 10 critical thinking pathways to help you think like a nurse. Eight chapters end with practice sets to help you put critical thinking principles into action.
Proven Strategies. Realistic Practice.
• 10 critical thinking pathways to break down what exam questions are asking
• 8 end-of-chapter practice sets to help you put critical thinking principles into action
• Full-length practice test
• Detailed rationales for all answer choices, correct and incorrect
• Techniques for mastering the computer adaptive test format
• In-depth content review, organized along the exam’s “Client Needs” framework
• Kaplan’s Learning Engineers and expert psychometricians ensure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test
• We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for 80 years, and our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams
by Charles R. McConnell (Author)
Hospitals and Health Systems: What They Are and How They Work takes a practical approach to explaining the history, development, and structure of modern health care institutions. Early chapters discuss the history of the hospital, Medicare and Medicaid, health insurance, as well as managed care and reimbursement to set the context for the modern hospital and health system network. The text moves on to explain how hospital mergers, reaction to cost escalation, and government and religious affiliations have led to the emergence of health systems, of which hospitals are an important part. Finally, it delves into operating today’s modern hospital, including care structure and organization, direct patient care, staffing, physical facility, business activities (billing, accounting, health information management, electronic health records, etc.), and unions.
Written for undergraduate courses in Hospital and/or Health Systems Administration, this short text can be easily used alongside a Health Management text or by anyone looking to understand how today’s hospitals and health care system evolved and now operates.
• Contributions by experts from both professional practice and academia provide fresh insights and different perspectives
• Each chapter offers key terms, learning objectives, and chapter summaries to enhance learning
• End-of-chapter review and discussion questions encourage critical thinking
GET IT FREE HERE
Human Oral Mucosa: Development, Structure and Function is a new text that reflects the considerable increase in knowledge of oral mucosa that has occurred in recent years. Our understanding of the structure of oral mucosa is now established at a molecular rather than a tissue or cellular level. This in turn has revealed a level of function that was previously not suspected, including a sophisticated barrier to the penetration of exogenous materials, and the synthesis of specific antimicrobial compounds, representing components of the innate immune system. There is also a growing realization of commonality in structure and function between regions of oral mucosa and the mucosae of the esophagus and vagina.
The aim of the present volume is to provide a more sophisticated text on human oral mucosa than presently exists in textbooks and to bring together information that is otherwise to be found in separate, specialist volumes into a comprehensive text. It relates structure at the molecular, cellular and tissue level to function and to clinical behavior. The volume is directed to advanced students and researchers in oral biology, as well as those in allied areas of investigation, such as dermatology, gynecology, internal medicine and pathology.
GET IT FREE HERE
The third edition of The Labor Progress Handbook builds on the success of first two editions and remains an unparalleled resource on simple, non-invasive interventions to prevent or treat difficult labor. Features new to this edition include two new chapters on third and fourth stage labor management and low-technology interventions, a complete analysis of directed versus spontaneous pushing, and additional information on massage techniques.
GET IT FREE HERE