The most concise, easy-to-use, and frequently updated review of the medically important aspects microbiology and immunology
Essential for USMLE and medical microbiology course exam preparation, Review of Medical Microbiology, 12e provides a high-yield review of the basic and clinical aspects of bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, and immunology.
GET IT FREE HERE
• Enriched with new information to keep abreast with latest development in medical microbiology, pandemic of swine flu outbreak, biofilms, new methods of sterilization and disinfection, Ogawa medium, latest immunological tests in Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Napah virus, etc.
• Parasitology and entomology especially incorporated.
• Addition of four new chapters, namely Microbiology in the Service of Human Being, Molecular Techniques in Microbiology, Emerging and Re-emerging Microbial Diseases and Hospital and Laboratory Wastes.
• Clinical microbiology and applied microbiology is targeted to all the medical fraternity especially the students of Medicine and Dentistry.
• Presentation of 10th edition enlarged, thoroughly revised and handy text in elegant and colourful form.
GET IT FREE HERE
• Thoroughly revised, updated and fully colored edition.
• All image based microbiology MCQs of 2016 came from this book.
• Facts and concepts have been taken from latest editions of Harrison (19th), Park (23rd), Jawetz (25th), Apurba Sastry’s Essentials of Medical Microbiology, Apurba Sastry’s Essentials of Medical Parasitology and Ananthanarayan (9th edition).
• Latest updates included such as BMW Rule 2016, Zika, H1N1, Ebola virus, Polio eradication, Vaccine-derived PolioVirus (VDPV), MERS CoV, etc.
• Includes questions along with explanatory answers of AIIMS (2000-2016 Nov), PGI (2000-2016 Nov), JIPMER (2009-2016 Nov), All India (2000-2012), DNB (2000-2012) and recent questions from other national level examinations (2013-2016).
• Contains recent MCQs from state entrance exams such as APPG (2000-2016), TNPG (2009-2016), MHPG (2009-2016), West Bengal PG (2012-2016), COMEDK (2013-2016), CMC Vellore 2016 and latest MCQs from other national and state entrances.
• Image-based question bank is strengthened with new images (more than 500 images are included).
• Only MCQs book on Microbiology written by the subject specialty and textbook authors.
• Interactive 2 hours DVD containing Apurba Sastry’s Microbiology Discussion.
• Chapter-wise concise text in a new layout for enabling students to study antegrade manner and important points given in separate boxes.
• Chapter-wise MCQs with detailed explanations given from previous year exams of National and State exams including DNB and NEET pattern questions.
• Hundred percent authentic and correct answers with updated references.
• More emphasis is given to the sections, like Immunology, Parasitology and Mycology.
• Enriched with lots of tables, flowcharts and mnemonics for better recall by the students.
• Useful for interns, students preparing for entrance exams and for second professional students.
• Author online support for clarification of doubts.
• A must-buy book for All India, AIIMS, PGI, JIPMER, DNB FMGE and state entrance exams.
GET IT FREE HERE
The 46th edition of the leading clinical reference on treatment of infectious diseases and anti-infective drug information. Popular with physicians, pharmacists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and other clinicians, the Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy provides information that is convenient, concise, and reliable.
GET IT FREE HERE
Authored by the lead author of the bestselling Medical Microbiology and written in the same tradition, Basic Medical Microbiology was designed as a straight-forward, practical introduction to this difficult topic. It provides students with a firm foundation in the principles and applications of microbiology, serving as an effective prep tool for examinations and the transition into clinical application.
- Carefully curated contents focus on the most commonly observed and tested organisms and diseases.
- Differential diagnosis, organism classification overview, and a list of antimicrobials used to treat infections are provided in the introductory chapter of each organism section, reinforcing the clinical application and relevance.
- Organized by organism; focuses on the association between an organism and disease.
- Concise tables and high-quality illustrations offer visual guidance and an easy review of key material.
- Clinical cases reinforce the clinical significance of each organism.
- Includes multiple-choice questions to aid in self-assessment and examination preparation.
- Evolve Instructor Resources, including a downloadable image bank, are available to instructors through their Elsevier sales rep or via request at: https://evolve.elsevier.com
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
“The strength of the book lies in the short precise presentation of the topics combined with the clinical cases. The book is very well structured and each section can stand by itself…. This book is useful for students looking for a short, well presented overview of medical microbiology. There are certainly books with more detailed descriptions of human pathogens, but this one is an excellent overview and is well suited for exam preparation, while others just overwhelm with detail.” Reviewed by Matthias J Schnell, PhD (Thomas Jefferson University) Doody’s Score: 99, 5 Stars!
GET IT FREE HERE
Microbiology has undergone radical changes over the past few decades, ushering in an exciting new era in science. In The New Microbiology, Pascale Cossart tells a splendid story about the revolution in microbiology, especially in bacteriology. This story has wide-ranging implications for human health and medicine, agriculture, environmental science, and our understanding of evolution. The revolution results from the powerful tools of molecular and cellular biology, genomics, and bioinformatics, which have yielded amazing discoveries, from entire genome sequences to video of bacteria invading host cells. This book is for both scientists and especially nonscientists who would like to learn more about the extraordinary world of bacteria.
Dr. Cossart’s overview of the field of microbiology research, from infectious disease history to the ongoing scientific revolution resulting from CRISPR technologies, is presented in four parts.
New concepts in microbiology introduces the world of bacteria and some recent discoveries about how they live, such as the role of regulatory RNAs including riboswitches, the CRISPR defense system, and resistance to antibiotics.
Sociomicrobiology: the social lives of bacteria helps us see the new paradigm by which scientists view bacteria as highly social creatures that communicate in many ways, for example in the assemblies that reside in our intestine or in the environment.
The biology of infections reviews some of history’s worst epidemics and describes current and emerging infectious diseases, the organisms that cause them, and how they produce an infection.
Bacteria as tools introduces us to molecules derived from microbes that scientists have harnessed in the service of research and medicine, including the CRISPR/Cas9 genome-editing technology.
The New Microbiology takes us on a journey through a remarkable revolution in science that is occurring here and now.
About the Author
As one of the world’s most honored and recognized microbiologists, Dr. Cossart is an active member of the revolution in microbiology and provides the reader with an exciting yet accessible introduction to the science that is changing lives everywhere. At Institut Pasteur in Paris, where she earned her doctorate and continues to work, her research has led to new concepts in infection biology as well as in microbiology, cell biology, and epigenetics. (Photo courtesy Agnes Ullmann.)
GET IT FREE HERE