Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease 6th Edition
Now with full-color illustrations throughout, dozens of new review questions, and state-of-the-art coverage of this fast-changing area, Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease, 6th Edition, remains the leading text in the field. You’ll find definitive guidance on diagnosis and treatment from experienced editors Drs. Robert Wyllie, Jeffrey S. Hyams, and Marsha Kay, as well as globally renowned contributors who share their knowledge and expertise on complex issues.
- Features an enhanced art program with full-color anatomical figures, clinical photos, and other illustrations throughout the text.
- Includes a new chapter on fecal transplantation (FCT), covering donor and recipient screening, preparation, delivery, follow-up, and safety considerations, as well as investigative uses for FCT for disorders such as IBD, IBS, and D-lactic acidosis.
- Prepares you for certification and recertification with more than 400 board review-style questions, answers, and rationales – 30% new to this edition.
- Includes detailed diagrams that accurately illustrate complex concepts and provide at-a-glance recognition of disease processes.
- Contains numerous algorithms that provide quick and easy retrieval of diagnostic, screening, and treatment information.
- Provides up-to-date information on indigenous flora and the gut microbiome and clinical correlations to treatment, as well as advancements in liver transplantation including split liver transplantation (SLT) and living donor liver transplantation (LDLT).
- Details key procedures such as esophagogastroduodenoscopy and related techniques; colonoscopy and polypectomy; endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography; capsule endoscopy and small bowel enteroscopy; gastrointestinal pathology; and more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
GET IT FREE HERE
Handbook of Liver Disease 4th Edition
Well-organized and vibrantly illustrated throughout, Handbook of Liver Disease is a comprehensive yet concise handbook providing authoritative guidance on key clinical issues in liver disease. The quick-reference outline format ensures that you’ll find answers when you need them, and cover-to-cover updates keep you abreast of the recent rapid changes in the field. Written by leading international experts in hepatology, this reference is ideal for gastroenterologists, hepatologists, internists, family practitioners, trainees, and others who diagnose and manage patients with liver disorders.
Uses a highly templated outline format, key points in each chapter, alert symbols, and highlighted review points to provide a “just the facts” approach to daily clinical questions on liver disease.
Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Features expanded hepatitis chapters, including completely updated coverage of new, safe, and effective oral regimens for the treatment of hepatitis C.
Provides completely updated coverage of: alcoholic liver disease * autoimmune hepatitis * portal hypertension * primary biliary cholangitis * hepatic tumors * cirrhosis * nonalcoholic liver disease * liver transplantation * and more.
Includes the latest information on adolescents with liver disease moving into adult care.
Covers the revised criteria for prioritizing liver transplantation using the MELDNa score, new options for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma, and improved management of hepatorenal syndrome.
GET IT FREE HERE
The Washington Manual Gastroenterology Subspecialty Consult (The Washington Manual Subspecialty Consult) 3rd Edition
This concise and practical reference, tailored for fellows, residents, and medical students rotating on gastroenterology subspecialty services, covers both inpatient and outpatient management of gastroenterology with the same clinical practicality as the widely popular  Washington Manual&; of Medical Therapeutics . With gastroenterology continuing to expand as a specialty, there is a wealth of new insights on disease pathophysiology, diagnostic tools, and management options that this manual helps to address.
It is the result of a collaborative effort of residents, fellows, and clinical faculty from the distinguished Washington University School of Medicine and serves as a practical quick reference guide to the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal ailments.
New features include:
- Two new chapters included:
- Liver Transplantation
- Genetic Testing in GI Disease
- Chapter on nutrition has been revised to reflect Malnutrition, both over and under nutrition
- Consistent formatting of chapters including the format of individual diseases and symptoms revised to follow specific subheadings
- Extensively updated to include chapter rewrites where necessary
Don&;t miss the other key topics in The Washington Manual&; Subspecialty Consult Series:
- Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Hematology and Oncology
- Infectious Disease
The Washington Manual&; is a registered mark belonging to Washington University in St. Louis to which international legal protection applies. The mark is used in this publication by LWW under license from Washington University.
GET IT FREE HERE
Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Now thoroughly up-to-date both in print and online, Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Vinay Chandrasekhara, Mouen Khashab, B. Joseph Elmunzer, and V. Raman Muthusamy, ensures that you stay current with the latest technology and techniques in GI endoscopy. An all-new editorial team, newly updated videos and images, and a reorganized format make this reference an easy-to-use source of reliable information on a full range of topics, including anatomy, pathophysiology, and therapeutic management options, in addition to the latest GI procedures and technologies.
- Offers state-of-the-art coverage of bariatric surgery, therapeutic EUS, device-assisted enteroscopy, image-guided therapy, intramural endotherapy, and much more.
- Features 100 updated videos with author voiceovers, as well as 1,000 revised photographs, endoscopic images, and anatomical drawings.
- Provides a fresh perspective and expert guidance from an entirely new editorial team.
- Includes many more references per chapter, as well as further references online.
- Presents material in a newly restructured, organ-based format for quick reference.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
GET IT FREE HERE
Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease
Best of Five MCQS for the European Specialty Examination in Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Oxford Higher Specialty Training) 2nd Edition
The new edition of The Best of Five MCQS for the European Specialty Examination in Gastroenterology and Hepatology is a question book designed to assist in preparations for the European Specialty Examination in Gastroenterology and Hepatology (ESEGH). The book has been fully updated to reflect
the new examination introduced in 2018 and the most recent guidelines.
Containing a foreword by Sir Ian Gilmore, former president of both the British Society for Gastroenterology and the Royal College of Physicians, the book adopts the same Best of Five question format used in the ESEGH and covers the breadth of the curriculum. It has been designed to exactly match the
relative proportion of questions on each topic area found in the examination.
Each of the 300 questions contained in the book is accompanied by an answer, a set of three succinct bullet points of key ‘take-home’ messages, and a short summary of the relevant background, evidence-base and up-to-date European guidelines. The book ends with a chapter of 50 questions, which again
matches the proportions of topic areas found in the ESEGH, and is designed to act as a mock-examination for use in the final stages of preparation.
GET IT FREE HERE
Gastroenterology and Nutrition: Neonatology Questions and Controversies (Neonatology: Questions & Controversies) 3rd Edition
Dr. Richard Polin’s Neonatology Questions and Controversies series highlights the most challenging aspects of neonatal care, offering trustworthy guidance on up-to-date diagnostic and treatment options in the field. In each volume, renowned experts address the clinical problems of greatest concern to today’s practitioners, helping you handle difficult practice issues and provide optimal, evidence-based care to every patient.
Stay fully up to date in this fast-changing field with Gastroenterology and Nutrition, 3rd Edition.
Emerging knowledge about the basic developmental physiology of upper intestinal motility as it relates to reflux and feeding tolerance, and immaturities in motility by altering composition of feedings and pharmacologic means.
New content on genetics and pharmacology, the role of inflammation in systemic diseases in other organs as well as necrotizing enterocolitis, optimizing administration of lipids to preterm infants, and administering lipids to infants who are at high risk for complications secondary to suboptimal lipid therapies.
Current coverage of the composition of human milk and clinical trials that address the efficacy of donor milk in comparison to formula and own mother’s milk.
Consistent chapter organization to help you find information quickly and easily.
The most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who share their knowledge of new trends and developments in neonatal care.
Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 7-volume set! Gastroenterology and Nutrition Hematology, Immunology and Genetics Hemodynamics and Cardiology Infectious Disease and Pharmacology New Volume! Nephrology and Fluid/Electrolyte Physiology Neurology The Newborn Lung
GET IT FREE HERE
Liver Transplantation: Clinical Assessment and Management 2nd Edition
Explore this practical and step-by-step guide to managing liver transplant patients from leading international clinicians in Hepatology
The newly revised Second Edition of Liver Transplantation: Clinical Assessment and Management delivers expert clinical guidance on best practices in managing the care of liver transplant patients. Authors are all experts in their field and cover a world-wide perspective. Organized in an accessible, stepwise fashion and packed with text features such as key points, the book covers all critical areas of each stage of the liver transplant journey, from assessment, to management on the list, to long term care.
Readers will learn when to refer a patient for liver transplantation, how to assess a potential liver transplant recipient, learn the principles of the procedure and the long term management of the transplant recipient. Liver Transplantation provides the entire hepatology and surgical team the information required for a sound understanding of the entire procedure, from pre- to post-operative care and management.
Clinically oriented and management-focused, the book is far more accessible than the liver transplant sections in traditional hepatology textbooks. Readers will also enjoy:
- A thorough discussion of when to refer a patient for liver transplantation, including general considerations and the use and abuse of prognostic models
- An exploration of the selection, assessment, and management of patients on the transplant list, including how to manage a patient with chronic liver disease while on the waiting list
- A treatment of liver transplantation for acute liver failure (ALF), including assessment and management of ALF patients on the transplant waiting list
- A discussion of care of the liver transplant recipient after the procedure in the short and long term
Perfect for gastroenterologists, hepatologists, and surgeons and other health care professionals managing patients with liver disease who are awaiting, undergoing and following liver transplantation, Liver Transplantation: Clinical Assessment and Management will also earn a place in the libraries of medical students, residents, internal medicine physicians, and GI/Hepatology trainees and all health care professionals providing clinical care to people with liver disease, before, during and after transplantation.
GET IT FREE HERE
Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders 5th Edition
Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders, Fifth Edition is a graduate-level textbook for speech-language pathology programs that examines the diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders in children and adults. Thoroughly updated, this popular text emphasizes evidence-based practice, multidisciplinary team management, swallowing safety, nutrition, behavioral treatments, and management following surgical options. Authored by two speech-language pathologists and an otolaryngologist for a multidisciplinary approach, the Fifth Edition continues to be easy-to-understand text for students and also serves as an up-to-date reference for practicing clinicians who treat swallowing disorders in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, and private outpatient clinics.
New to the Fifth Edition
- New chapter on the aging population!
- The Anatomy and Physiology chapter has been thoroughly updated and 15 beautiful, new full color illustrations have been added
- More images and enhanced figures, including additional FEES and fluoroscopy video studies of swallowing disorders in head and neck cancer and stroke patients
- Many new references, easy-to-read tables, and treatment hints
- Information on pediatric feeding and swallowing has been updated and expanded
- Evidence-based practice methods have been updated
- Content has been edited to be more concise, applicable, and reader friendly
The text features numerous pedagogical aids to reinforce student understanding
- Case study inserts in many chapters and 9 extended case studies in the final chapter
- 32 videos
- Discussion questions and answers for each chapter
- Bolded and boxed key terms throughout with an end-of-book glossary
- Clinical tips, clinician s roles, areas of emphasis, and key learning points highlighted in boxes throughout the chapters
- 8 appendices featuring helpful tests and tools for clinicians
- NEW full clinical swallowing examination record form included in appendix
- Access to ancillary materials on a PluralPlus companion website, including instructor lecture slides, downloadable versions of the appendices, and PowerPoint flashcards
Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders Workbook, Fifth Edition
The companion workbook contains true/false, multiple-choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions, along with study topics related to each chapter of the textbook.
NOTE: This book comes with supplementary content on a PluralPlus companion website. If you purchase or rent a used copy of the printed book, the code to access the website printed inside the book may have been previously redeemed/used or be incorrect and you will not be able to use it. To guarantee access to the website, it is recommended you purchase a new copy of this book.
GET IT FREE HERE