Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Ideal for all health care professionals who evaluate, diagnose, treat, or refer patients with endocrine disease or disorders, Manual of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Fifth Edition, brings together nearly 150 global authorities who share their knowledge and expertise on endocrine disorders in children, adolescents, and adults. Using a concise outline format, this thoroughly updated manual presents clinical information and protocols needed in everyday practice, with an emphasis on diagnosis and treatment. Succinct chapters and an abundance of tables and diagrams make complex information easy to find and understand.
- Includes coverage of fundamental understandings and treatment modalities as well as recent therapies, new methods of treatment, new understandings of endocrine physiology, and new surgical approaches to disease states
- Covers evaluation, pathophysiology, management, and treatment at every age of life, along with short- and long-term goals of reversibility and prevention
- New chapters include transgender medicine, flushing and sweating, nasal administration of hormones, the growth plate, as well as traumatic brain injury and hypopituitarism
- New topics include galactorrhea; preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative management following pituitary surgery; growth hormone in adults, polycystic ovary syndrome, hypercalcemic crisis, parathyroid hormone-related protein, congenital hyperinsulinism, and hypokalemic periodic and non-periodic paralysis
- New and expanded coverage of diabetes mellitus includes hypoglycemia-associated autonomic failure, glucocorticoid-induced hyperglycemia, C-peptide, cystic fibrosis-related diabetes, the artificial pancreas, glycated proteins, inhaled insulin, and the application of stem cells in diabetes mellitus
- Serves as an excellent resource for board preparation, as well as a concise daily reference for endocrinologists, general practitioners, internists, pediatricians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and others who see patients with primary or underlying endocrine disease
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
GET IT FREE HERE