Authored by renowned UEFA specialists in the medical care of football players, this three-volume series-sourced from the course materials used in UEFA’s Football Doctor Education Program-aims to familiarize clinicians with a structured system of assessment and care in dealing with the wide variety of injuries that can afflict professional footballers. Volume 2 introduces football doctors to the specific types of injuries that may occur, and the mechanisms of injury, with a wealth of information supported by scientific evidence.
Key Topics of Volume 2:
– Overview of football injuries
– Managing injuries in competitive situations: the laws of the game
– Muscle function and mechanisms of muscle injury
– Examination and treatment of muscle injuries
– Groin, knee, and ankle injuries
– Overuse injuries
The Encyclopedia of Football Medicine will be essential reading for physicians working for football teams, orthopaedists, sports medicine physicians, and specialised physical therapists.
GET IT FREE HERE